• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's my birthday today, so rather than let the existential dread about my inevitable demise along with the inevitable heat death of the universe and knowledge that all mankind's endeavours are futile and irrelevant on a long enough time scale set in, I'm going to fill that void through video games. Or at least giving some away.

339.png

happy bday

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
It's my birthday today, so rather than let the existential dread about my inevitable demise along with the inevitable heat death of the universe and knowledge that all mankind's endeavours are futile and irrelevant on a long enough time scale set in, I'm going to fill that void through video games. Or at least giving some away.
How old did this magnificent individual just turned to?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yeah I would remove that Chun image btw, that is very close to being borderline hentai

Backlogger

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

GTR Evolution (inc. RACE 07 and Formula RaceRoom Add On) -- MB-DF58764763380A9B
HTR Plus Slot Car Simulation -- MB-4682CD2AD9C48396 - Taken by Lomax
Insane 2 -- MB-F8DB30FB2C430D4B - Taken by Nomadic Sparks
Little Racers STREET -- MB-6CC9AB6D9740183D - Taken by Hakkelus
Mini Motor Racing EVO -- MB-3A3400E903212721 - Taken by Purkake4
RACE The WTCC Game Plus Caterham Expansion -- MB-EC69F6C485EA73B8 - Taken by rainking187
Vangers -- MB-39CFF9638770C8A9 - Taken by Vuze

Uraizen

Banned

k. happy birthday

Don't play SFV to celebrate, pls.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Ryse: Son of Rome -- MB-EB2CB9CD18E59130 - Taken by dot. 9 entrants total.
ABZU -- MB-1252E85FE900A608 - Taken by Father_Brain. 16 entrants total.

t1486268321z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
damn Shadow's dog is super op, I want him as a permanent character

septicore

Happy birthday mate!

Nzyme32

Happy birthday Uzzy. May this year be your best year yet. I'll hopefully be returning the favour of generous gifting on my own birthday

Please shower Uzzy in Chun-Li pictures to appease the birthday gods.

smash-bros-chunli.jpg

Rhaknar

are you supposed to guess these Sabin blitz moves? they only told me one, but I tried a fireball motion and it worked lol. Cant find any other (without googling I guess) tho.

are you supposed to guess these Sabin blitz moves? they only told me one, but I tried a fireball motion and it worked lol. Cant find any other (without googling I guess) tho.

You learn more, but it's pretty much Street Fighter inputs. HCB + A or B is a move, back to forward + A or B, etc

Was a really cool mechanic.

It's funny thinking about the fun mechanics in that game then thinking about holding down circle in FFXV to win the game.

Rhaknar

ok I did not see a
ghost train
section coming

Regginator

Is there a way to not have Steam categories automatically sort in alphabetical order, but instead just the order of your preferences?

tuxfool

Banned

Happy birthday, I hope you remain free of existential dread for a little while.

Jawmuncher

Like the way I see it, is everyone else is on PC at this point. Atlus really is the last holdout in Japan these days. I could understand if maybe they did PC and it wasn't having very good numbers. But their only products are publishing joints. So they shouldn't expect that their own developed titles would have that same issue.

Catherine or anything from 360/PS3 gen and up, I feel would be a good indicator on what they could get for money. After doing that and not seeing worthwhile profits, then perhaps give up on it. But even then Nisa at first didn't like PC when their first game didn't sell much, and then they came back and loved it. Because they released a game people actually wanted.

tuxfool

Banned
Someone over there must really hate PC. Maybe Valve snubbed them years ago and they have never forgotten. Just like syndrome when he was a kid and met mr. incredible.

I remember reading a thread where somebody said the head of Atlus was ideologically opposed to putting anything on PC. IIRC it was something like, he only considered PC good for Hentai games and thus did not want the association.

It could be BS though.

Jawmuncher

I remember reading a thread where somebody said the head of Atlus was ideologically opposed to putting anything on PC. IIRC it was something like, he only considered PC good for Hentai games and thus did not want the association.

It could be BS though.

At this point I believe it.

Tall4Life

Happy birthday!

Rhaknar

Association with hentai is a good thing tho.

Right Munch?

Mikurden

Didn't they change Blitz moves in the Steam version? Definitely not the best if that's the case.
Dunno about that -- I only played it on the SNES -- but by "in general", I meant the entirety of his character -- I can never get enough of the animation of him throwing his head back and laughing. In a game with an amazing cast, he's probably my favorite.

Not entering any of these, happy birthday, and have a good day!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Happy birthday Uzzy, very generous of you!

I played about half an hour of Husk - it surprised me with it's 11 GB download, for some reason I didn't think it would be that big. The game seems pretty cool so far, definitely seeing that Silent Hill inspiration. My main gripe is that the default walking speed is simply too slow, and the running speed feels like what the walking speed should be. Running for too long makes you run out of stamina (like, there is an invisible stamina bar) so overall progress of walking around is a lot slower than I would like.

The voice acting is on the poor side, the dialog is really wooden but again that could be a throwback to the older Silent Hill games. The atmospheric sounds are really well done, and on more than one occasion I found myself being a bit spooked just from the ambient noises. Combat is also terribly bad, but again that could just be the game's way of telling to you avoid it all costs - sneaking past enemies is a thing I recommend doing when possible. Also, it could just be that I'm getting old, but I had no idea the game was set in the 90s until after I visited the store page and read it there.

It's janky but it certainly has potential. I love a good horror game that rewards the user for being aware of their surroundings and for paying attention, and so far Husk delivers on that. I'm not sure if I could recommend it at $20, but those of you that got it in the Humble Monthly or that can get it for cheap via the B/S/T thread should definitely give it a shot.

Rhaknar

Plot twist where Gaf actually likes Husk.

One of the iconic ff6 scenes. If it's not too late, you can
use Sabin's blitz move to suplex the ghost train.

Oh lol thats one of those gaming pop culture things. Is that a Blitz move?

Zeeman

Well, if I ever decide to sign up for a Humble monthly again, I'm going to wait until the end of the month. Kind of pissed I missed out on the extra $5 credit last month, would have gotten the Steamworld Heist DLC

Shengar

Atlus USA have pushed for PC ports, but given rigorousness of the Japanese branch, it seems like a lost cause - at least for the time being. As you've said it might even require a significant shift in the upper management in order to steer the company towards a more forward thinking business practice.

Atlus Japan seems still trapped in their thinking that releasing games on Steam will hurt their Japanese sales due to reverse import. This was pretty much shown by their usage of region locking on P4A because that game was released with dual audio (CMIIW). Furthermore, reverse import is impractical as shit considering there's huge gap between Japanese and English release, which makes a conspiracy theorist in mine thinking that this is deliberate attempt so there's no room for their Japanese sell to be undermined by marginally cheaper English release. It is very outdated thinking, and with the shrinking Japanese market, they wouldn't last long because they themselves doesn't have presence on Asia market like some companies that include their parent company, Sega.

=====

Atlus business aside, I found some funny shits on Steamspy when I idly browse the site for some sales data:

Screenshot%202017-02-05%2007.54.55.png

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Like the way I see it, is everyone else is on PC at this point. Atlus really is the last holdout in Japan these days. I could understand if maybe they did PC and it wasn't having very good numbers. But their only products are publishing joints. So they shouldn't expect that their own developed titles would have that same issue.

Catherine or anything from 360/PS3 gen and up, I feel would be a good indicator on what they could get for money. After doing that and not seeing worthwhile profits, then perhaps give up on it. But even then Nisa at first didn't like PC when their first game didn't sell much, and then they came back and loved it. Because they released a game people actually wanted.
Square Enix can be selective with the titles they put on Steam. Kingdom hearts ahem :p also final fantasy tactics and final Fantasy 12. Pretty much everything else from them seem to be on Steam though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom