• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Pretty sure Ghostlight asked Atlus a long time ago if there was interest in getting SMT on steam. The guy who posts here let it out in some podcast. That said Deep Silver is considerably bigger so maybe they would be more willing to listen.

Deep Silver is just a distribution partner, though. It has as much say in development-related matters as EA did on Portal 2. But, hey, the more people in Atlus' ear, the better.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Happy birthday JaseC.

Don't eat too much koala cake, it will go straight to your hips.

Stall19

Weird my Norton just detected Rocket League executable as a trojan and removed it. Was there some kind of update recently or something?

Deep Silver is just a distribution partner, though. It has as much say in development-related matters as EA did on Portal 2. But, hey, the more people in Atlus' ear, the better.

Well, on that side, Killer is Dead PC port came from Deep Silver side. At least, they're listed as the publisher.

yoshizzle

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Ahnayro: The Dream World -- MB-40A594E849DAB2FD - Taken by fifasnipe2224

JaseC

Happy birthday JaseC.

Don't eat too much koala cake, it will go straight to your hips.

You're three months and nine days early, but thanks. ;)

Well, on that side, Killer is Dead PC port came from Deep Silver side. At least, they're listed as the publisher.

Well, Killer is Dead is on the PC because Grasshopper wanted it on the PC whereas I doubt a publisher as large as Sega would take to the idea of having a third party fund PC ports of its own games. Sega has the means to do that itself; it just needs to be convinced that the idea is a good one.

Mikurden

you can tell me whatever you want if its missable shit, I dont care.

like, dont tell me Terra takes off her mask and shes Kefka undearneath or something like that, but if its "when you get to Dildo Village, make sure to click the big dildo because theres a secret character you can get" type stuff, I want to know.

I think the hints the others provided will keep you out of trouble with respect to missing characters, which would be the worst thing to miss. I'd say anytime you're in control when a character's life may be at stake (outside of battle), just save and play it both ways -- I think in most cases there's not so much to see and the consequences may not be apparent immediately, but at least then you could check a guide or ask here about each such part as you encounter them, to be sure about what you're doing before going forward.

Then there's a bunch of little character/story bits like Shadow's inn thing (and Edgar and Locke's freakout at the beginning that you mentioned, which is technically missable) -- it's cool that there are all these secret interludes that you can discover, but it sucks that you can miss them entirely. I remember trying to play along with a guide and trying to stay one step ahead of missing anything and one step behind being spoiled -- a tricky balance. At least you can always read about or watch what you might have missed when you're all done to flesh some things out a bit further.

Finally, there's a bunch of items/weapons/skills you can miss but this is an RPG with tons of such things so maybe it's better to just play it naturally with respect to that stuff rather than reading a guide to try to get it all. They may have even tweaked this stuff in the mobile/Steam version to give you more opportunities.

I can't say this guide/discussion is comprehensive or perfectly calibrated to walk the delicate spoiler/missable line, but you may want to at least skim through it and then check it periodically:
http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/137784-Spoiler-free-missable-unique-items-listing

On the other hand, there's a major aspect of the game that's just generally referenced that would be better to experience totally blind, so...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
On the other hand, there's a major aspect of the game that's just generally referenced that would be better to experience totally blind, so...

If you mean that there is a
"light and dark" world
, I already know, its splattered in the very first page of the IGN guide lol.

I was like "oh well ok then" when I went to check something from the begining of the game :3

Im not fussed tho, especially not over a 20 year old game or however old it is.

It's my birthday today, so rather than let the existential dread about my inevitable demise along with the inevitable heat death of the universe and knowledge that all mankind's endeavours are futile and irrelevant on a long enough time scale set in, I'm going to fill that void through video games. Or at least giving some away.
You know birthdays are where you're the one what's supposed to be getting things right.

Pixieking

Banned
It's my birthday today, so rather than let the existential dread about my inevitable demise along with the inevitable heat death of the universe and knowledge that all mankind's endeavours are futile and irrelevant on a long enough time scale set in, I'm going to fill that void through video games. Or at least giving some away.

Happy Birthday! :D

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Dusk Golem, what was your final X out of 10 for RE7?

I'm waiting for the DLC to hit to come to a final conclusion, which I say since I can honestly say my overall opinion on RE5 and ORC was raised a bit by the DLC, but know with a couple weeks to sit on it I do know for certain RE7 is currently in my personal top 5 RE games.

Vuze

Very generous giveaway! Happy birthday to you!

BTW not sure if this has been posted before but I think this bundle got updated with one new game. If you bought the complete pack previously, that's a +1 for 9ct. http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/813/

JaseC

Trying to request a refund, keep getting bounced back because my playtime is greater than two hours....which under Australian law is complete and utter garbage, but I can't see an option to escalate the issue.

Just submit the request via the page I provided. I've submitted a few tickets myself since the previous system was retired around five months ago (I'd wager Valve got sick of people asking for refunds on No Man's Sky) and have received relevant responses. I begin by apologising for the ticket being irrelevant to the topic under which it was submitted and then dive into the particulars.

Do it, because honestly? Words cannot do it justice.

Imagine every bad trope a game can do, then put it all in 1 chapter.

Sounds fun, I haven't watched a playthough because I'd probably run into spoilers but I'm tempted. They are supposedly "fixing" it though so I probably wont get the true experience when I play it.

Xanathus

How's Dishonored 2 on PC now? From the forums I see that they pushed out an update in January and there doesn't seem to be much outrage anymore so I'm guessing that that patch fixed most performance issues? Interesting that there isn't a season pass or any indicator that there's going to be any DLC for it.

dex3108

How's Dishonored 2 on PC now? From the forums I see that they pushed out an update in January and there doesn't seem to be much outrage anymore so I'm guessing that that patch fixed most performance issues? Interesting that there isn't a season pass or any indicator that there's going to be any DLC for it.

My bet is that Dish 2 DLCs will be announced at E3. Prey is coming so they don't want to push it before that and holiday season looks kinda weak for Bethesda (Wolfenstein is probably 2018 release) so that will be perfect time to release Dish 2 DLCs.

JaseC

Much better than it was at launch but still not in an ideal state. If you have a higher-end system, you should be fine for at least the most part.

Anteater

what's cid doing in advent rising

B7W3kzU.jpg

Trying to request a refund, keep getting bounced back because my playtime is greater than two hours....which under Australian law is complete and utter garbage, but I can't see an option to escalate the issue.

I believe the recent ruling doesn't come into effect until Febuary 20 and that assumes Valve doesn't appeal. Maybe try after that?

Xanathus

My bet is that Dish 2 DLCs will be announced at E3. Prey is coming so they don't want to push it before that and holiday season looks kinda weak for Bethesda (Wolfenstein is probably 2018 release) so that will be perfect time to release Dish 2 DLCs.

Much better than it was at launch but still not in an ideal state. If you have a higher-end system, you should be fine for at least the most part.

Hmm, I'm trying to remember whether the DLCs for Dishonored 1 were announced early on or awhile after release. It seems very unBethesda-like to not have any DLCs for their games. I'm having a hankering for playing another stealth game after Deus Ex MD.

Momentary

Banned
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 is looking pretty slick with the new updates they did. People said that 60FPS wouldn't have been possible because of the cinematic clips/moves, but damn am I glad they were wrong. Also being able to choose resolutions at 4K and above is nice as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ7IHjxhmEI

This game is pretty demanding on hardware. If you happen to purchase this because of the update, remember to turn off MSAA if everything is moving slow motion for you when you select 60fps. Physics are still tied to 30 FPS or 60 FPS

Mikurden

If you mean that there is a
"light and dark" world
, I already know, its splattered in the very first page of the IGN guide lol.

I was like "oh well ok then" when I went to check something from the begining of the game :3

Im not fussed tho, especially not over a 20 year old game or however old it is.
Yeah, that's the biggest thing I was concerned about, so with that out of the way, you have much less to fear. The
double-sided map
that came with the game gave that away as well, literally and figuratively right out of the box!

JaseC

Do you think Valve will unveil their SE2 games at E3 or will they hold their own event for that occasion?

Valve hasn't announced a game at E3 since 2009 (L4D2) or demoed a game at E3 since 2011 (Portal 2). Dota 2 was announced via Game Informer, but CS:GO was announced via Steam and press releases to affiliated media outlets, so I'd say Valve's done with the more traditional methods.

Valve hasn't announced a game at E3 since 2009 (L4D2) or demoed a game at E3 since 2011 (Portal 2). Dota 2 was announced via Game Informer, but CS:GO was announced via Steam and press releases to affiliated media outlets, so I'd say Valve's done with the more traditional methods.

Well recently, Valve confirmed that they are developing multiple games using SE2. They got to announce then at some point and they need a big opportunity in order to announce them.

Vazduh

Still a while to go yet. ;)

t1494691200z0.png

(It's May 14th. I just adjusted the countdown timer to match 12am local time.)

sduifhsuifslhdsgjilsf noooooooooooo :D

I saw the post above and just automatically assumed it was right.

Oh, I'll just congratulate you again later on ;)

Happy birthday, Uzzy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom