• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platy

It's my birthday today, so rather than let the existential dread about my inevitable demise along with the inevitable heat death of the universe and knowledge that all mankind's endeavours are futile and irrelevant on a long enough time scale set in, I'm going to fill that void through video games. Or at least giving some away.

Holy shit ! =O

I am not sure if I am eligible for this (is the "won a game the last day" the moment I enter the giveaway, the time the giveaway is created or the giveaway is shuffled ?) but thank you so much anyway !

Happy Birthday

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just suplexed a train.

that whole
ghost train
silliness had a nice payoff with
Cyan's family boarding
, that was nice. Shadow is gone ;_;

Mikurden

just suplexed a train.

that whole
ghost train
silliness had a nice payoff with
Cyan's family boarding
, that was nice. Shadow is gone ;_;
not sure how much I should say, nor do I remember the "rules" for it (you may have missed some already, but there's always YouTube, even if it's after you beat it), but you want to sleep at the Inn when Shadow is in your party...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
not sure how much I should say, nor do I remember the "rules" for it (you may have missed some already, but there's always YouTube, even if it's after you beat it), but you want to sleep at the Inn when Shadow is in your party...

im not sure there was any inn between getting him with sabin
and the whole stuff with cyan joining us and then the ghost train, before he left us just now in the waterfall

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Ryse: Son of Rome -- MB-EB2CB9CD18E59130 - Taken by dot. 9 entrants total.
ABZU -- MB-1252E85FE900A608 - Taken by Father_Brain. 16 entrants total.

t1486268321z1.png

Teggy

I decided to tag team Revelations 2 while I finish RE6. Moira has so many good emo teen lines.

Well fuck that place very much!
lololololol

Happy bday Uzzy and wow great raffle! GL to all lol.
Btw Humble has been killing it lately! Makes me scared of buying anything now, thinking it would be in an upcoming bundle.

Mikurden

im not sure there was any inn between getting him with sabin
and the whole stuff with cyan joining us and then the ghost train, before he left us just now in the waterfall
There weren't any towns? Maybe not, but in any case, I think maybe you can "catch up" to that stuff at any inn in the future, at least up to a certain point...

I hope you encountered Siegfried on the train -- not sure if that was missable.

Rhaknar

Playing FF6 blind, should we warn Rhaknar or just let the chips fall where they lay?

you can tell me whatever you want if its missable shit, I dont care.

like, dont tell me Terra takes off her mask and shes Kefka undearneath or something like that, but if its "when you get to Dildo Village, make sure to click the big dildo because theres a secret character you can get" type stuff, I want to know.

There weren't any towns? Maybe not, but in any case, I think maybe you can "catch up" to that stuff at any inn in the future, at least up to a certain point...

I hope you encountered Siegfried on the train -- not sure if that was missable.

I did, I
slapped he and he stole my treasure
>_>

bigzgod

It's my birthday today, so rather than let the existential dread about my inevitable demise along with the inevitable heat death of the universe and knowledge that all mankind's endeavours are futile and irrelevant on a long enough time scale set in, I'm going to fill that void through video games. Or at least giving some away.

Happy Bday Uzzy!

I used to be a huge fan of SHMUPs in general

but man that one hit kill game design philosphy kinda kills that genre of games for me

Like I know there's a few SHMUPs you can take hit in, but bah gawd I have no more tolerance for that kind of designs anymore

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

like, dont tell me Terra takes off her mask and shes Kefka undearneath or something like that, but if its "when you get to Dildo Village, make sure to click the big dildo because theres a secret character you can get" type stuff, I want to know.

I did, I
slapped he and he stole my treasure
>_>

There will come a time when you are asked to wait for Shadow. You should wait for him. Just keep in mind he'll be cutting it close.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I decided to tag team Revelations 2 while I finish RE6. Moira has so many good emo teen lines.

lololololol

Just finished Revelations 1 for game #8 of the year, currently downloading Revelations 2 to try that one next.

Curious how your two thoughts on Rev 2 will developed, I liked it personally despite it being budgeted but I still can't quite articulate my thoughts 100% on the title.

Right before shit gets real you need to wait for someone. After shit gets real there are 2 hidden characters you can get.

You will know when shit gets real.

Also, not all fish are created the same.

Teggy

Curious how your two thoughts on Rev 2 will developed, I liked it personally despite it being budgeted but I still can't quite articulate my thoughts 100% on the title.

Well my first impression is that the graphics are noticeably worse than RE6 despite being newer, but I am guessing that has something to do with it also being a Vita game? Gameplay looks to be much like Rev 1 with some enhancements. I like it better than RE6 so far because it has more of an RE feel
and also since RE6 is a trash game, no offense to Jawmuncher :)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Well my first impression is that the graphics are noticeably worse than RE6 despite being newer, but I am guessing that has something to do with it also being a Vita game? Gameplay looks to be much like Rev 1 with some enhancements. I like it better than RE6 so far because it has more of an RE feel

It was certainly a budgeted release. I won't say too much, but I think the game generally gets better with each episode. And there's a few cool things between the two half an episodes you may not realize unless you replay it, but ended up surprising me a lot.

ALSO, in Episode 3, make sure after a boss battle when you get into a QTE moment, not to do it as Claire, switch off to Moira. There's a split there to get the Good/Bad ending, doing it as Moira gets you the good ending, which is a LOT better than the Bad ending path and includes the full final boss fight. I don't mean to spoil anything, but I realized I should say that as can be easy to miss otherwise.

Jawmuncher

The Vita version of Rev 2 came later. The worse graphics comes from being cross-gen and primarily it's vastly reduced budget.
🔪

As for Revelations 2 this will sum it up for me
img_1358gzs9a.jpg

Vibranium

Banned

lololololol

I liked Moira somewhat, but her swearing lines really got grating after a while. And it was weird how she was the one to be nice to kids like Natalia when Claire was practically a mother to Sherry during the Raccoon City incident (for some reason she is now scary to them?).

Now Barry on the other hand, is a badass motherfucker with some great lines that fit his "gentle giant" personality. I'd love to play a RE game that teamed him and Jill up again (Revelations 3?). Just give it a bigger budget and I'm sure people could dig it.

I used to be a huge fan of SHMUPs in general

but man that one hit kill game design philosphy kinda kills that genre of games for me

Like I know there's a few SHMUPs you can take hit in, but bah gawd I have no more tolerance for that kind of designs anymore

It happens in more than one niche genre: they're played mostly by players with lots of experience in them, so over time the games are developed to be increasingly more challenging for their sake. Platformers gave rise to puzzle platformers and difficult/frustration platformers, fighting games are played by people who count frames, rhythm games tend to start decently and end with "who the fuck can even see the notes," etc.

It happens in more than one niche genre: they're played mostly by players with lots of experience in them, so over time the games are developed to be increasingly more challenging for their sake. Platformers gave rise to puzzle platformers and difficult/frustration platformers, fighting games are played by people who count frames, rhythm games tend to start decently and end with "who the fuck can even see the notes," etc.

It's really frustrating to not be able to enjoy shmups like Contra 3 or what not

I like aesthetic of most shmups, but playing them is very frustrating for me because I have no skill for them and my frustration tolerance is really low

Jawmuncher

I feel snubbed, I don't remember anybody wishing me a happy birthday a few days ago :/

Happy birthday Uzzy

Did you give away games?

This is how steamgaf works.
Give away games get happy birthdays
Give away expensive games get more happy Birthdays
Don't give away games? You get maybe some.

Nuclear Throne is so hard. If it's not one thing that gets you, it's another thing; or else it's the thing you know is a thing but didn't have time to consider. And all paths lead to death.

Never have I played a more chaotic game.
I feel snubbed, I don't remember anybody wishing me a happy birthday a few days ago :/

Happy birthday Uzzy
It won't happen again!

Happy next birthday, Crimsonclaw111!

It's really frustrating to not be able to enjoy shmups like Contra 3 or what not

I like aesthetic of most shmups, but playing them is very frustrating for me because I have no skill for them and my frustration tolerance is really low

I hear you. I'm bad at the shmup section of Evoland 2, even.

Teggy

ALSO, in Episode 3, make sure after a boss battle when you get into a QTE moment, not to do it as Claire, switch off to Moira. There's a split there to get the Good/Bad ending, doing it as Moira gets you the good ending, which is a LOT better than the Bad ending path and includes the full final boss fight. I don't mean to spoil anything, but I realized I should say that as can be easy to miss otherwise.

Well that's...really weird. Is there any indication that you would want to do that? All Moira has is a crowbar...

I also really laughed at the
Claire sandwich
bit.

Vibranium

Banned
Happy birthday, Uzzy. I've given away gifts but have never gotten a happy birthday due to nobody knowing when it is! You can't force it out of me though lol.

Well that's...really weird. Is there any indication that you would want to do that? All Moira has is a crowbar...

I also really laughed at the
Claire sandwich
bit.

Just wait until you hear Barry at the final boss battle.

The Vita version of Rev 2 came later. The worse graphics comes from being cross-gen and primarily it's vastly reduced budget.
🔪
I remember the PC version running much worse than RE6 though. However I think they kinda fixed it with later patches.

Atlus Japan seems still trapped in their thinking that releasing games on Steam will hurt their Japanese sales due to reverse import. This was pretty much shown by their usage of region locking on P4A because that game was released with dual audio (CMIIW). Furthermore, reverse import is impractical as shit considering there's huge gap between Japanese and English release, which makes a conspiracy theorist in mine thinking that this is deliberate attempt so there's no room for their Japanese sell to be undermined by marginally cheaper English release. It is very outdated thinking, and with the shrinking Japanese market, they wouldn't last long because they themselves doesn't have presence on Asia market like some companies that include their parent company, Sega.

=====

Atlus business aside, I found some funny shits on Steamspy when I idly browse the site for some sales data:

Screenshot%202017-02-05%2007.54.55.png

Are you sure about that? Is any of the old Index people that ran off Atlus' old board still there after the book cooking arrests? I'd think they were responsible for that but this is new mind-boggling from different people.

Playing FF6 blind, should we warn Rhaknar or just let the chips fall where they lay?

All I know, is every one of his posts has the music sparking in my head.

I really liked VI and its music, and I played it in 2000.

Tellaerin

Happy birthday, you glorious nihilist! :D

Please shower Uzzy in Chun-Li pictures to appease the birthday gods.

Done and done. (Bikini pinup pic - no nudity, but may still be considered NSFW by some; always click responsibly, don't anybody say I didn't warn ya, yadda yadda yadda. :p)

what about the one with anime boobs

Who summons me?!
:p

And a happy (belated) birthday to you too! : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom