• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
are there regions where the top humble tier is an actual discount? or are they essentially using it as free advertising for their upcoming game?

Nope. Humble's currency support is limited to EUR, GBP and USD.

Shengar

They simply used a launcher from one of their shitty ports that was capped at 1080p and didn't bother to change a single line of code. That's optimally lazy.

11419793_10206745556938483_3041656_n.jpg

I laughed way harder than I should.

Endruen

My girlfriend stopped me this morning to check out an email from Paypal she'd received about a payment she'd made she didn't remember, wondering if it was a phishing attempt. I did all the checks - doesn't say her full name in the email, email address it's been sent from isn't a paypal.com address, links go to another site - then asked her if she had a Paypal account.

"No."

39VS

So I am looking at a game to buy, but then I am a humble monthly subscriber.

So now I am hesitate. -.-

Yeah the humble monthly really messes with my head when I'm thinking of buying indies now. The other day I went back and forth about ten times before I finally decided to spend a measly $3 to buy Talewind on Steam. Kind of feel bad for the developers since Steamspy shows it has only sold 1500 copies. Asset flip scams sell more and make more money on cards than that. Meanwhile this game actually seems to have a lot of effort put into it and it's languishing in obscurity.

Hmm, it looks like Expeditions: Viking is releasing around Feb 22-23 given how it's placed in the upcoming list. I hope that's accurate, 'cause I'm really dying to play it. Would also slot in nicely before Zelda releases.

(For clarity, the store page says Q1 2017, but it is placed explicitly in the Feb 22-23 area of upcoming titles.)

Hektor

Hmm, it looks like Expeditions: Viking is releasing around Feb 22-23 given how it's placed in the upcoming list. I hope that's accurate, 'cause I'm really dying to play it. Would also slot in nicely before Zelda releases.

(For clarity, the store page says Q1 2017, but it is placed explicitly in the Feb 22-23 area of upcoming titles.)

As fantastic as Conquistador was, Vikings gotta wait with such an unfortunate releaseday if it's true

Here's your answer.

This takes special talent.

The fucked up part is that there's one branch of K-T that wants to do ports right but it's the parent company that just throw the scraps and say "let the dogs have at it".

Pretty telling that a big company K-T can't bother using resources for making a PC port yet smaller Japanese companies like Idea Factory and Spike Chunsoft actually try and go above & beyond with their titles to PC.

Monooboe

Oh wow, I was on a invincible run on Risk of Rain, I was 4 hours in and I accidently alt-tab:ed and the game crashed.T_T Really wanted to see my high-score.XD

Those of you that play Risk of Rain, how common is it to become so powerful that you can't die?

fuck_yeah.gif

Yeah I'm not really sure how they integrate explicit dates with monthly or even quarterly targets. Is the date just hidden or is steam just making an educated guess?

Something else coming out soon:

XCOM in the Wild West, not Weird West like Hard West. Graphics look a little bland and aged but there looks to be plenty of ambition here. Persistant and generic characters, lots of story missions, a grand overarching tactical map in the Heroes of Might and Magic style and other play modes.

Oh wow. That wild west game is wild.

I don't like the graphics or setting, but I hope it's good.
Oh wow, I was on a invincible run on Risk of Rain, I was 4 hours in and I accidently alt-tab:ed and the game crashed.T_T Really wanted to see my high-score.XD

Those of you that play Risk of Rain, how common is it to become so powerful that you can't die?
4 hours?! How?!

...and this is where I admit I've never beaten the final(?) boss in RoR. That guy in the spaceship. I'm never immortal enough to survive his onslaught.
As fantastic as Conquistador was, Vikings gotta wait with such an unfortunate releaseday if it's true

Lego Worlds can wait.

Monooboe

4 hours?! How?!

...and this is where I admit I've never beaten the final(?) boss in RoR. That guy in the spaceship. I'm never immortal enough to survive his onslaught.

I was lucky with the items, several things that gave me health, shield and key to open chests, so in the end I just kept getting more and more powerful so I just kept repeating the game getting more powerful.

Hmh don't know if I've actully seen the boss you mention, in a space ship.o_O

Shengar

The fucked up part is that there's one branch of K-T that wants to do ports right but it's the parent company that just throw the scraps and say "let the dogs have at it".

Pretty telling that a big company K-T can't bother using resources for making a PC port yet smaller Japanese companies like Idea Factory and Spike Chunsoft actually try and go above & beyond with their titles to PC.

I think the worldwide branches of KT actually wanted their port to be good, but their main company being Japanese seems to obstruct them from achieving that goal one way or another. That's what I'm getting at from Durante's comment on the Atelier Sophie+Night of Azure announcement thread.

My guess is that KT used to that way where they just throw their games to the worldwide branches and let them do their work. More niche publishers however, seems to have better relation with their worldwide branches and listened up to their input for better reception on the worldwide market. I

JaseC

fuck_yeah.gif

Yeah I'm not really sure how they integrate explicit dates with monthly or even quarterly targets. Is the date just hidden or is steam just making an educated guess?

Developers/publishers are required to provide a release date when submitting an app for approval. It can be changed at any point, though, and games don't unlock automatically, which is why you sometimes see unreleased games appear in the New Releases list (Steam assumes that the release date was accurate and someone simply forgot to flip the switch).

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Dynasty Warriors: Godseekers looks great. Has there been any word on a steam release? All the rest came to Steam, didn't they?

EDIT: Fire Emblem like game would be well suited to a mouse too

Granjinha

Pretty common. Generally when you actually get to the ending you're pretty OP.

Man i love risk of rain. Such a fun game. Amazing soundtrack, too.

I was lucky with the items, several things that gave me health, shield and key to open chests, so in the end I just kept getting more and more powerful so I just kept repeating the game getting more powerful.

Hmh don't know if I've actully seen the boss you mention, in a space ship.o_O

wait how you didn't see him? he always appears! The semi-god thingie with the giant serpents

man that fight is fucking AWESOME

this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWJnLxTmoFk

Knurek

I what world is Spike Chunsoft a small Japanese company?
They are owned by Kadokawa, which is a media giant.

Monooboe

Pretty common. Generally when you actually get to the ending you're pretty OP.

Man i love risk of rain. Such a fun game. Amazing soundtrack, too.

wait how you didn't see him? he always appears! The semi-god thingie with the giant serpents

man that fight is fucking AWESOME

this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWJnLxTmoFk

Whoa! I've never met that boss.o_O After the place with golden chests and taking the teleport from there I go back to the first level just with harder enemies, I've gone through that cycle maybe 5 times in one run, the one that took me four hours. I must be missing something.o_O

zkylon

zkylewd
There are parts of Fallout NV that are great. There are just too many issues with the game. Maybe if they just wrote the story and the dialog with an editor would pare down the pop culture, and someone else developed the game with that story, then I'd be all for it. There is a huge discrepancy between the quality of Obsidian's writing and their game design.
idk, i feel like pillars is a really great demonstration of them getting both right, specially cos they're finally working off their own tech and design (i guess they also did on dungeon siege 3, but i cant say much about that game cos spiders)

personally i didn't find there were too many issues with new vegas, i love pretty much everything about it and i've played it a lot of times. the pop culture stuff is idk, a pretty recurrent thing in fallout games (and they do have that wild wasteland trait u can turn off if u want to see less of it), and not too bothersome in the case of new vegas for me, specially coming from fallout 2 which had pop culture to a fault

someone else developing the game would just not be the same, the commitment to great world building through complex and detailed quest design is not something you see out of any other developer, not bethesda, not bioware, not cd project red, not the divinity guys, no one, and it's the thing i love most out of rpgs so i wouldn't trade it for anything

Shengar

There are parts of Fallout NV that are great. There are just too many issues with the game. Maybe if they just wrote the story and the dialog with an editor would pare down the pop culture, and someone else developed the game with that story, then I'd be all for it. There is a huge discrepancy between the quality of Obsidian's writing and their game design.

Considering the very short development cycle they had with FNV, it's actually kinda impressive they can achieve that much with such time constraint. Longer development cycle of course doesn't always means better, but in FNV case it was definitely too short for the scope they want to achieve in it.

Cth

911 Operator
- KenOD
911 Operator . A puzzle simulation of working as an emergency dispatch for police, fire department, and medical. Though based on real world examples of calls, and at times it can prove a challenge for some to juggle multiple emergencies at once, it's a mostly casual title that often gives plenty of time to figure out and hopefully figure out how to best help someone.

Interesting.. I tried applying for a job as a dispatcher once. Guess this is the closest I'll come to that :D

Granjinha

1 hour(ish!) until the kickstarter for sunless skies <3

Whoa! I've never met that boss.o_O After the place with golden chests and taking the teleport from there I go back to the first level just with harder enemies, I've gone through that cycle maybe 5 times in one run, the one that took me four hours. I must be missing something.o_O

wait what? You never actually finished the game, then? lol

that's the final boss. You get out of the planet after defeating him.

Teggy

I didn't realize that some of the RE6 missions take place at very different times until I looked at the cinematics section. Super confusing. Also, in the initial movie with Chris
they show how he hasn't been in the field in a while, but then the first mission they talk about how he is rusty and he needs to remember his training, except it turns out this is all a flashback from before the opening movie.

There are actually a disturbing number of games with fixed resolution lists that support other resolutions perfectly just by ini changes. Even with different aspect ratios.

I didn't realize that some of the RE6 missions take place at very different times until I looked at the cinematics section. Super confusing. Also, in the initial movie with Chris
they show how he hasn't been in the field in a while, but then the first mission they talk about how he is rusty and he needs to remember his training, except it turns out this is all a flashback from before the opening movie.

I think they screwed it up TBH. Or
Jake and Sherry were captured and held for many months.

JaseC

You can download those hot Fallout 4 textures in beta apparently.

The depot is part of the beta branch, but as the app is still private, it can't be added to accounts yet. The texture pack really is 58GB after all (I was leaning towards that being a mistake and the game + pack would total 58GB):

540810 Terrapin (540810) Depot 57.61 GB DLC 540810

The depot is part of the beta branch, but as the app is still private, it can't be added to accounts yet. The texture pack really is 58GB after all (I was leaning towards that being a mistake and the game + pack would total 58GB):
Yeah I just actually read the blog post and realized the poster I was going off was mistaken. Always check the source!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom