• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well I got way more than I thought I would since I just wanted to get MGR and possibly 1 or 2 games.

Nether - Watcher
Damned 4-Pack
Valdis Story: Abyssal City
Slender: The Arrival
PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+
Outlast
Bioshock Infinite (WW)
Bioshock Infinite Season Pass Preorder ROW
Counter-Strike: Source
Spelunky
Marlow Briggs Steam Store and Retail Key
Titan Attacks
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
The King Of Fighters XIII
Agarest: Generations of War
System Shock 2
Long Live The Queen
Super Hexagon 2-Pack

Dr Dogg

It's quite funny going through people's damage lists in this and the designated thread and seeing the amount of people who picked up Deadpool. Probably doubled their LTD sales.

I wonder how may peeps would have picked it up if it was still available?

Yes I bought it too because it can now go on my rare games not on Steam show offy showcase on my profile :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Fucking hell, WHEN DOES GMG UPDATE?! I kept checking yesterday before Steam updated to see if that game would be cheaper on GMG but nada, ended up getting it from Steam for $10. Ah well more moola for the dev in this case =V

what exactly is Mirage anyway, looks like some sort of 2d side scrolling brawler?

Sajjaja

It's quite funny going through people's damage lists in this and the designated thread and seeing the amount of people who picked up Deadpool. Probably doubled their LTD sales.

Yes I bought it too because it can now go on my rare games not on Steam show offy showcase on my profile :p

I like this post. A subtle, "Everyone post their damages in this thread and not this one. I don't want to sound like an asshole so I'll comment on it too."

:p

Cronox

Banned
In case anyone was interested, I downloaded all the badge pictures straight from Steam (1080p resolution) for this holiday 2013 steam sale. I'm a bit sleepy and ended up uploading it on anonfiles cause all the other file upload sites nowadays want you to create an account, and I don't play that when I'm sleepy. Anyway, I put the 10 wallpapers into a zip file, and here's the link. Hope someone finds that helpful.

https://anonfiles.com/file/4f8ab914e505fb25fc7300820a4454ff

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
guys, after Blood Knights turned out to NOT be the "rpg where the guy hits on his sister" that some gaffer talked about, I have found out that it was actually The Dark Eye Demonicon.... and its now on sale on GMG.

I must buy it dont I? I must finish my quest to see what that gaffer was talking about >_< I MUST KNOW DAMN IT :(

I should buy it and stream it so we all bask in it's glory. I predict lots of:

survivor-smile.gif

why am I so obcessed with this game lol >_> I might need help :(

(before someone thinks im serious, im only half-joking. yes I want the game, no im not into incest, but I am fascinated that a game would touch the theme. Also I dont have a sister lol)

Hasney

Morning fellow GAFfers, just woke up to the email from amazon credit. Now I need to see which games will be discounted and when can I use the discount.

Thanks to the GAFfer who suggest using a US Address to get some goodies, I ended up using for gifting some games.

Looks like Amazon's Editor's Choice awards games will go up on the 4th. Interested in seeing what they'll have to offer, but if I can get Bioshock Infinite for $5? HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Not quite, but close.

early list here

Ace Patrol Bundle - $5.99
BATTLEFIELD 2142 DELUXE EDITION - $7.99
BioShock Infinite - $13.1967
Contrast - $11.99
Crysis 3 - $9.99
Dead Space 3 - $9.99
Dead Space 3: Awakened - $8.49
F1 2013 - $24.99
F1 2013 Classic Edition - $32.49
FIFA 14 [Instant Access] - $28.99
FIFA 14 - $28.99
Final Exam - $7.99
NBA 2K14 - $19.99
Need For Speed Rivals - $29.99
Need for Speed Rivals: [Instant Access] - $29.99
SimCity - Standard (Online Game Code) (Mac) - $19.99
SimCity - Standard Edition - $19.99
SimCity [Instant Access] - $19.99
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - $14.99
The Sims 3 70's, 80's and 90's Stuff - $9.99
The Sims 3 Dragon Valley - $9.99
The Sims 3 Into the Future - $17.99
The Sims 3 Island Paradise - Standard Edition - $14.99
The Sims 3 Monte Vista - $9.99
The Sims 3 Movie Stuff - $9.99
The Sims 3 Starter Pack - $9.99
The XCOM Collection - $14.99
XCOM: Enemy Within - $19.99

hohoXD123

guys, after Blood Knights turned out to NOT be the "rpg where the guy hits on his sister" that some gaffer talked about, I have found out that it was actually The Dark Eye Demonicon.... and its now on sale on GMG.

I must buy it dont I? I must finish my quest to see what that gaffer was talking about >_< I MUST KNOW DAMN IT :(

I should buy it and stream it so we all bask in it's glory. I predict lots of:

survivor-smile.gif

(before someone thinks im serious, im only half-joking. yes I want the game, no im not into incest, but I am fascinated that a game would touch the theme. Also I dont have a sister lol)
Dude that's messed up <_<

Read the spoiler ;) Just get it if you're that curious. Sure it's the right one this time? :p

I was planning on getting it when it got cheaper but oh well not going on sale on Steam again so no real choice if I want to play it

Terra_Ex

I'm assuming you never played Drakengard.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Sums up my thoughts on Black Mesa

I've looked up some videos on original Half-Life, wish I played that game (with BMS assets if possible). Human enemies were so immensely overpowered every time a section with marines came up I seriously contemplated removing the mod from my disc.

Ugh.

Headcrabs were seriously overpowered. Looking at HL1 videos, those were just minor annoyance - here they could take you from 100/100 to 15/0 in a matter of seconds. Other monsters had the same problems - those lightning sprouting aliens were just deadly and needed much more ammo to be taken down, poison spitters could spot and spit (removing half of your health in one go) on you from half a mile.

Ugh. Ugh.

The ammo capacity reduction is also a headscratcher. Seriously, you guys, if you make all enemies bullet sponges, you should increase it, not decrease it. O_O Who would want to play with a crossbow limited to 15 bolts? MP5 limited to 3 grenades? Glock limited to 18 bullets?

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Really happy I made it through, hopefully HL2 will not be as borked design-wise (Volvo, pls).
I'm playing the original right now (after dropping the Source version because of sound bug reasons and longer loading) and I'm dreading the thought of the human enemies being overpowered and getting more bullet spogy in BM, lol. Good thing I usually don't use mods in first playthroughs, I guess (although Skyrim will certainly change that whenever I finally grab it).

Glad I'm sticking with it though, despite bad platforming and some old fps idiosyncrasies I'm having fun with the game.

Dr Dogg

I like this post. A subtle, "Everyone post their damages in this thread and not this one. I don't want to sound like an asshole so I'll comment on it too."

:p

Hahaha. Rumbled!

To be fair though I'm not that bothered in the Sale Threads as they're only around during sales and up for about a week or 2. It's when damage lists start cropping up in the OT that it becomes a pain trying to keep abreast of goings on with having to pick through the posts.

Plus seeing as this year is the inaugural SteamGAF GOTY Awards there going to be enough righteous indignation in the first 2014 OT as it is :p

I was planning on getting it when it got cheaper but oh well not going on sale on Steam again so no real choice if I want to play it

Retail copies are Steamworks so if you can find a copy it's still possible to get it but only time will tell how long supply lasts or what the prices will start doing. DLC is up in smoke sadly but it's just a couple of challenge maps and cossies.

I for one only purchased it after it was taken down...and only because it was $8. Dat rare game showcase

The_Monk

Checked out the demo. Lords of Shadow runs like butter maxed out on my PC. So I bought it. What the hell am I doing...

You did well, that one will be my next target for the next sale. The game looks really pretty from the Screenshots I saw from GAFfer realityexists.

----

On a side It's a shame I waited for the last week to get some games on discount from Capcom but just days after the sale started they removed all the discount and the games never went back on sale. Still don't know why they did this and most of them were games with GFWL, don't know if there's any reason. Resident Evil 5, Operation Raccon City, some Lost Planet too and there's might be more that I missed. Some of them were 75% OFF for only 4.99€. What's the point of putting them for the first couple of days on sale and then never again is the question I would like to be answered.
Capcom being capcom?

The 25% applies for the base price or the discounted price?

Some good deals that people might want to check out on GMG, all work with the new 25% voucher GMG25-0YUM5-VKMVU

Borderlands 2 75% off
Batman Arkham Origins 50% off (season pass also 50% off)
Injustice Gods Among Us 50% off
Lego Marvel 50% off
XCOM Enemy Unknown 75% off
XCOM Enemy Within 50% off
Castlevania Lords of Shadow 66% off
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition 75% off (best price so far anyware with the voucher?)
Rain Blood Chronicles: Mirage 40% off

someof these deals with the new voucher are better than they were on Steam, and even better than the Amazon prices maybe? Anyway ill keep updating with what I find since the main page isnt updated yet

yuraya

early list here

Contrast - $11.99
Crysis 3 - $9.99
Dead Space 3 - $9.99
F1 2013 - $24.99
FIFA 14 - $28.99
Final Exam - $7.99
NBA 2K14 - $19.99

Not really feeling anything on this list. Hopefully they add some more games to it. If not than I will probably bite on final exam and contrast. only got 2 discounts :( Sucks Crysis 3 and Dead space 3 aren't on steam.

*shakes fist at EA*

KarmaCow

Rain Blood for $6.75 is definitely worth despite the rough UI and broken achievements. The combat system has some good depth and is a lot of fun.

That's a lot of EA shit

early list here

Contrast - $11.99
Crysis 3 - $9.99
Dead Space 3 - $9.99
F1 2013 - $24.99
FIFA 14 - $28.99
Final Exam - $7.99
NBA 2K14 - $19.99

Tizoc

early list here

Contrast - $11.99
Crysis 3 - $9.99
Dead Space 3 - $9.99
F1 2013 - $24.99
FIFA 14 - $28.99
Final Exam - $7.99
NBA 2K14 - $19.99

Only The Bureau and Bioshock Inf. are worth it for me atm, hope there'll be more
come on Enslaved @ $10!

Dr Dogg

I for one only purchased it after it was taken down...and only because it was $8. Dat rare game showcase

I did likewise but after dicking around in the first 30 mins I might (shock horror) actually play it all the way through. Granted it's not exactly a technical masterpiece or have the greatest control scheme and the 'humour' has the potential to rub me up the wrong way but was not too bad.

On a side It's a shame I waited for the last week to get some games on discount from Capcom but just days after the sale started they removed all the discount and the games never went back on sale. Still don't know why they did this and most of them were games with GFWL, don't know if there's any reason. Resident Evil 5, Operation Raccon City, some Lost Planet too and there's might be more that I missed. Some of them were 75% OFF for only 4.99€. What's the point of putting them for the first couple of days on sale and then never again is the question I would like to be answered.
Capcom being capcom?

I know what you mean Monk. I've a few regrets for not picking up Castle of Illusion and Brothers up earlier in the year. More over because it's too late to add them to my Steam GOTY entry (top 2 wouldn't change but they'd be in the mix for sure). Capcom have always been a bit fickle with their sale prices up until the 30th anniversary sale they had where they went nuts. And despite Remember Me getting luke warm reviews it's a really well optimised game and has a really pleasing art style.

Tizoc

I know what you mean Monk. I've a few regrets for not picking up Castle of Illusion and Brothers up earlier in the year. More over because it's too late to add them to my Steam GOTY entry (top 2 wouldn't change but they'd be in the mix for sure). Capcom have always been a bit fickle with their sale prices up until the 30th anniversary sale they had where they went nuts. And despite Remember Me getting luke warm reviews it's a really well optimised game and has a really pleasing art style.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=node=979455011&field-keywords=brothers+sons+download
$6 at Amazon.com if you haven't gotten it yet.
If you have, well there's always the NeoGAF GotY thread.

The_Monk

The strange thing is, they had the date from the end of deal for today, yet the discounts were only live for the first couple of deals. Everyone would have plenty of time to make their own budget, select their own priority games and then we could get the last batch of them. Many people do this with indies and "hidden gems" that are not on the main page. I was just one of the many who trusted on the info regarding their sales saying it would last until today but they pulled all their discounts. I guess it's their loss because I'm not going to pay the price their currently ask for Lost Planet 2 or Resident Evil 5 (this I already finished twice but I want the PC Version even if it has GFWL).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Not quite, but close.
I don't want any of this, except for Xcom Enemy Within. But I'm not gonna bite for $10, especially since I haven't touched the base game yet. Contrast also looks good, but I'll wait for a lower price than $7.

The_Monk

Monk, have you played Castle of Illusion yet?

Not yet Tizoc, is it a hard platformer? Because I'm really terrible at such genre despite loving it. It's really where my lack of skills are noticed, even from jumping from point A to point B can be hard for me (bad depth perception?) to be honest.

I did finished DuckTales Remastered (posted my small impressions here and saw that review from GAFfer Toddhunter saying Castle of Illusion is way better than DuckTales so I might have to check it out later on.

Got 6 Amazon coupons, nice.

Hope the deals get better though :/

Where and how did you come across this, is it legit and is that the full list with no additions / removals?
EDIT: and what platforms are all those games for?

PC only, the list is from Cheap Ass Gamer.

Tizoc

Not yet Tizoc, is it a hard platformer? Because I'm really terrible at such genre despite loving it. It's really where my lack of skills are noticed even from jumping from point A to point B can be hard for me (bad depth perception?) to be honest.

I did finished DuckTales Remastered (posted my small impressions here and saw that review from GAFfer Toddhunter saying Castle of Illusion is way better than DuckTales so I might have to check it out later on.

Nah it's rather easy. Any 'twitch' reactions aren't really that hard and you get used to their patterns rather quick. In your case MAYBE the part you might have trouble with is jumping on enemies since against some enemies being a little in front or behind them when you land might hurt Mickey.
Don't let it turn you off though, if you got a strong PC/Laptop fire it up and let your jaw drop at how beautiful the visuals are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom