• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Nah it's rather easy. Any 'twitch' reactions aren't really that hard and you get used to their patterns rather quick. In your case MAYBE the part you might have trouble with is jumping on enemies since against some enemies being a little in front or behind them when you land might hurt Mickey.
Don't let it turn you off though, if you got a strong PC/Laptop fire it up and let your jaw drop at how beautiful the visuals are.

Thanks for the info! You got me curious about the nice visuals but I won't search for gameplay of it since I want some good surprises when I get to play it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I for one only purchased it after it was taken down...and only because it was $8. Dat rare game showcase
Same here. I also purchased Ghostbusters the next day, with the help of a kind GAFfer. Are there any other removed games that I could get for cheap?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Even though I love platformers, especially 3D ones, I kinda suck at them. But Castle of Illusion is certainly doable. The really challenging platform segments are optional, and there are lives hidden everywhere.
It's a lovely crafted game, i'm really enjoying myself. I'm doing a level a day, or so. Very charming, fun and it has a great soundtrack by Grant Kirkhope. :)

Now for something completely different, a little heads-up: Sam & Max Season 1, two and three are five bucks 'a piece.
I know, I posted it before. But seeing as this thread goes so fast, i'll post it again. :)

Dr Dogg

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=node=979455011&field-keywords=brothers+sons+download
$6 at Amazon.com if you haven't gotten it yet.
If you have, well there's always the NeoGAF GotY thread.

Cheers for the link dude. Though thanks to the wonders if IsThereAnyDeal I managed to snag both.

Yeah I'm still totting up my regular GOTY selection. I better hurry up before the 18th as I've still got a few more I want to finish.

The strange thing is, they had the date from the end of deal for today, yet the discounts were only live for the first couple of deals. Everyone would have plenty of time to make their own budget, select their own priority games and then we could get the last batch of them. Many people do this with indies and "hidden gems" that are not on the main page. I was just one of the many who trusted on the info regarding their sales saying it would last until today but they pulled all their discounts. I guess it's their loss because I'm not going to pay the price their currently ask for Lost Planet 2 or Resident Evil 5 (this I already finished twice but I want the PC Version even if it has GFWL).

Only person that understand Capcom's decisions sometimes is Capcom. Though you've been deal a favour with Lost Plannet 2. It's like Borderlands but even more dull. I still don't have a clue who you are, what you're meant to be doing and what you are trying to achieve. Talking of Achievements, they're some of the most stupid and damn right impossible ones to get. Most are leaderboard based and eye been hacked to hell and back. The first is alright for schlock cheesy fun (don't get the Colonies Edition though) but 2 and 3 seam more like tech demos than games.

Fingers crossed Resi 5 will have GFWL gutted from it in a future update
and the Lost in Nightmares dlc ported over along with a Resi 4 update on MT Framework engine. I can dream can't I? :(

Terra_Ex

no but I have it, why? was that the pioneer in this particular field? lol
Yes, very much so.

And people should definitely pick up Expeditions Conquistador for that price, I just finished it after obtaining it way back when in a bundle and feel that I really underpaid for that game. Really enjoyed it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
GMG deals are not very good for a European when you're forced to pay in GBP instead of dollars. Amazon/GOG wins almost everytime at deals nowadays.

well Im just trying to help, so.../shrug.

Also alot of these deals are not on amazon atm, like the Conquistadors one.

Lain

Also, Demonicon is on sale again at GMG? and 14.99€ with the coupon... damn it's getting hard to resist...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I got 28. I'm not sure I'll use even 1 of them, unless Amazon puts out an awesome list with some awesome prices for games I want.

Lain, Demonicon 50% with 25% voucher on GMG, come share my shame!

It has actually taken longer to patch Anno 2070 and update Uplay than it took to download the game. Why not just download the latest version of the game in the first place.

elektrixx

Banned
Four hours to go. Globes are still pricey. I was hoping to at least craft the level 3 badge. I have € 0.90 in my wallet.

How do you know this? For me, it hasn't worked for hours.

I'll be pissed if they don't extend the time to craft the badge. It's 12:30 PM and I'm about too sleep.

I also can't add the Borderlands 2 DLC to my cart.

I have two 50% off coupons for Crusader Kings 2, anyone who is interested can PM me. I don't need to trade them for anything, I'll just give them to you.

Kiru

I now started up Wolf Among Us for the first time. I really like it and the artstyle is great, but is there any way to get more Anti Aliasing ? I hate games where there's only the ON/OFF option...

Nevermind: good old nvidia inspector

Lain

Lain, Demonicon 50% with 25% voucher on GMG, come share my shame!

Do you know how long to 50% will last? I want to wait until tomorrow to see if by some miracle the game ends on the editor's choice list at Amazon, because a 50% off o nthere plus the 5$ coupon would be even more savings.

Danielsan

How do you know this? For me, it hasn't worked for hours.

I'll be pissed if they don't extend the time to craft the badge. It's 12:30 PM and I'm about too sleep.

I also can't add the Borderlands 2 DLC to my cart.
It all works perfectly fine over here.

jBb6atL.png

Rhaknar

Do you know how long to 50% will last? I want to wait until tomorrow to see if by some miracle the game ends on the editor's choice list at Amazon, because a 50% off o nthere plus the 5$ coupon would be even more savings.

no idea, could be 1 day, could be more. The actual site / blog hasnt updated, they usually say the time durations on SOME of the deals

Tizoc

Thanks for the info! You got me curious about the nice visuals but I won't search for gameplay of it since I want some good surprises when I get to play it.

Oh it also has Sully from Uncharted as the Narrator whom you can disable if you want but his narration is good and never deters from the gameplay IMO.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
It has actually taken longer to patch Anno 2070 and update Uplay than it took to download the game. Why not just download the latest version of the game in the first place.

Thank you! It took so long that I didnt want to play anymore when I was done downloading the update.

Knurek

RPG? NBA2K13? You serious?

You have a Create-A-Player or whatever it's called mode which is more like Alpha Protocol with competent shooting. :)
You get experience for each action you do in the court, which you can spend on skill improvement, equipment or... fan support I guess. You have after game press conferences where you can win or lose fan/team/management support.
Honestly, it's a great game, and if you are even remotely interested in basketball, it's worth it's price.

Son let me tell you about these skill points

heard microtransactions ruined that, actually

No microtranslations in the PC version. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom