• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xBladeM6x

Random question, but when the sale is over, do the Snowglobe cards completely disappear from people's inventory, or you just can't get them anymore through buying games but can still be traded? (Like ever other sale)

So how's Natural Selection 2? with time running out and i have to go shovel all that fucking Snow, i am thinking about getting that and leaving it to DL, i will get Valdis another time...

tjohn86

Random question, but when the sale is over, do the Snowglobe cards completely disappear from people's inventory, or you just can't get them anymore through buying games but can still be traded? (Like ever other sale)

They will expire which means they will disappear.

kottila

re:mod giveaways. do you include the game title or just the code by itself?

(hoping me not winning a single raffle is not due to epic amounts of bad luck)

wilflare

waiting for main thread to return
not sure whether to install my steam games on the (128GB) SSD or my 640GB HDD

any thoughts GAF?

(FINALLY FIXED MY PC)

Danielsan

3 hours to go. Come on. Crash card market, crash! There's still around 750.000 snow globe cards on the market place. Would be a pitty, though kind of hilarious, for them all to just vanish into thin air when the timer hits zero.

xBladeM6x

They will expire which means they will disappear.

Damn, that sucks. Only needed card #2 and #4, but don't have the ability to add anything to my Steam Wallet at the moment. Normally I wouldn't give even the slightest shit about these, but for some reason I want them. (Damn you latent Pokemon Card collector in me)

Grief.exe

Damn, that sucks. Only needed card #2 and #4, but don't have the ability to add anything to my Steam Wallet at the moment. Normally I wouldn't give even the slightest shit about these, but for some reason I want them. (Damn you latent Pokemon Card collector in me)

You have 3 hours to obtain and sell other cards.

Sullichin

waiting for main thread to return
not sure whether to install my steam games on the (128GB) SSD or my 640GB HDD

any thoughts GAF?

(FINALLY FIXED MY PC)

Use SteamMover, or if you have the beta version of Steam you can set up different installation directories. So you can have a couple of games on the SSD, when you are done with it you can move it to your HDD. I keep a handful of my most played and newest games on my SSD and the rest on HDDs.

EDIT: or Steam Tool like DeathCubeK said. Didn't see that post.

-1°F
FEELS LIKE -13°

gat DAMN is it cold out....

3 hours to go. Come on. Crash card market, crash! There's still around 750.000 snow globe cards on the market place. Would be a pitty, though kind of hilarious, for them all to just vanish into thin air when the timer hits zero.

kind of like the sale did? I think that is what we should expect

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I didn't win a single thing from ModBot this sale. Some people won a dozen different games. Shenanigans.

I didn't have anything to give this time around, though. I think I'd feel bad if I won something and didn't pay it forward.

EDIT: Wait, found some unused keys on my Humble account. Giveaway incoming! Nothing too special, though.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
This is for my fellow losers:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bastion -- MB-7DC3628D007DE8CF - Taken by Mikurden
Rockerbirds -- MB-BA9C6F8114322D8B - Taken by darkchewie
Limbo -- MB-23304C69BD27713D - Taken by dr. apocalipsis

90% sure they work, apologies if they don't.

Just read that Chivalry Deadliest Warrior has no team objective mode. Well, not getting that! I'm tired of boring old team deathmatch. Oh well.

garath

I won't be surprised if the card prices don't budge. For as many people trying to unload them, there's just as many trying to get cheap cards to build the badges. It's probably going to stay exactly where it is until the end and all those cards will disappear.

wilflare

Use SteamMover, or if you have the beta version of Steam you can set up different installation directories. So you can have a couple of games on the SSD, when you are done with it you can move it to your HDD. I keep a handful of my most played and newest games on my SSD and the rest on HDDs.

EDIT: or Steam Tool like DeathCubeK said. Didn't see that post.

i'm using beta.. but how does that multi installation directories thingum work?

hmm my SSD is my OS drive
so my Steam games should primarily be on my HDD right, and use SteamMover/Tool whenever necessary to move them to the SSD?

One last giveaway for the road. The quality games giveaway
and Chivalry!

Good luck everyone!

Very generous of you
3AQmK.gif

jediyoshi

Eldritch postmortem up from the developer's blog
http://www.dphrygian.com/wordpress/?p=104

Shortly after this, I wrote that Eldritch had sold 12,000 units at an average price of $12, and I thought that was the end of the story.

YOTqgX2.png

During Steam’s Holiday Sale, Eldritch was offered at an 80% discount ($3) in an overnight Steam flash sale (2 a.m. – 10 a.m. PST). I knew it was coming, but I had virtually no expectations for it. It looked like a poor timeslot, and I didn’t realize just how important front page visibility is during a Steam sale. [...] Eldritch had literally doubled its units sold overnight! Even at such a low price, the revenue from the flash sale exceeded the total revenue of the Autumn Sale and the rest of the Holiday Sale combined.

g1hQtGu.png

In its first three months on sale, Eldritch grossed over $215,000. After subtracting fees, taxes, and Steam and Humble’s shares, it has generated almost $100,000 for our company, or approximately a threefold return on investment.

This is for my fellow losers:

90% sure they work, apologies if they don't.

Weird, I thought I submitted Bastion code, but got Limbo instead. Reminds me of Another World, will give It a try, thank you JBourne =)

Btw, I was waiting for Accoun to trade my globe #1 for his #10, but he is still offline for hours and time is running out. Can someone trade those globes with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom