• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Pfft you may be all wondering where the store page is, I'm pacing up and down wondering where the Rising preload is.

C'mmmon!

Actually not that it will matters too much as I'm not going to around tonight to start it anyway.

Grief.exe

No seriously do we actually suspect all the Amazon 2013 choice games will be PC versions? :( please don't be the case.

We know your agenda, but it was PC digital downloads that generated the editor's choice codes in the first place, so its not much of a stretch to assume PC only.

I wouldn't mind picking up Journey for cheap. Prefer the physical version though.

EDIT: I stand corrected

Because I got 5x$5 vouchers and the 5 transactions I did to be elligable for those vouches, 4 of them were for Sony stuff. I have no interest in PC stuff :/

Pfft you may be all wondering where the store page is, I'm pacing up and down wondering where the Rising preload is.

C'mmmon!

Actually not that it will matters too much as I'm not going to around tonight to start it anyway.

Dogg, you changed your avatar! Confusing.

Can we preload to alternate download locations yet? ie Steam is on my C drive, while I would want rising on the D.

We know your agenda, but it was PC digital downloads that generated the editor's choice codes in the first place, so its not much of a stretch to assume PC only.

I wouldn't mind picking up Journey for cheap. Prefer the physical version though.

Actually, I got three coupons thanks to some PSN codes I bought. Nice surprise.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
In case anyone was interested, I downloaded all the badge pictures straight from Steam (1080p resolution) for this holiday 2013 steam sale. I'm a bit sleepy and ended up uploading it on anonfiles cause all the other file upload sites nowadays want you to create an account, and I don't play that when I'm sleepy. Anyway, I put the 10 wallpapers into a zip file, and here's the link. Hope someone finds that helpful.

https://anonfiles.com/file/4f8ab914e505fb25fc7300820a4454ff

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you.

Why would you think otherwise?

People could get the $5 Digital Credit for buying PSN download codes could they not? They seem listed amongst the PC (Windows and Mac) digital sales after all.
Edit: Also those like Madrugador say they did.

wizzbang

Banned
but it was PC digital downloads that generated the editor's choice codes in the first place

This is not the case at all.

That's the one game I got a physical to avoid the issues with digital versions and to support the developer more and it might bite me in the ass due to potential cross play versions only working for people with the download copy :(

I always find the end of the sale depressing.

That's what I thought, but then I grabbed Tomb Raider: Guardian of Light and Tomb Raider Anniversary for $1.99 each this morning... and now I see that GMG is doing a big encore sale of their own...

"NOTHING IS OVER UNTIL *WE* DECIDE IT IS!!!"

Grief.exe

That's the one game I got a physical to avoid the issues with digital versions and to support the developer more and it might bite me in the ass due to potential cross play versions only working for people with the download copy :(

How does it support the developer more?

wizzbang

Banned
How does it support the developer more?

Collectors edition was slightly more expensive, I figure they see at least some of that.
I'm the only chump in the fucking world who paid $35 for journey and 2 games he already owns and yet if they go cross buy, very good chance I don't get a cross buy license for it for my PS4 :(

drizzle

Axel Hertz
People could get the $5 Digital Credit for buying PSN download codes could they not? They seem listed amongst the PC (Windows and Mac) digital sales after all.
Edit: Also those like Madrugador say they did.

They did. I got 4 codes and I only bought Dragonborn DLC, Alien COlonial Marines and two PS+ Codes.

Buying physical copies of games? What is this, 2012?

I kid, I kid, but I'm trying to go as digital as possible. I'm tired of boxes.

wizzbang

Banned
Buying physical copies of games? What is this, 2012?

I kid, I kid, but I'm trying to go as digital as possible. I'm tired of boxes.

Fundamentally I detest digital but thanks to ridiculous pricing on PSN+ I kind of completely switched in the blink of an eye. (I've got 5 years PSN+ now)

I just need to keep in mind "it's a long term rental now, it's a long term rental now" that's all it is. I don't own shit for games :/

Dr Dogg

Dogg, you changed your avatar! Confusing.

Can we preload to alternate download locations yet? ie Steam is on my C drive, while I would want rising on the D.

Hahah yeah sorry but it's that silly time of the year again that is RPJ.

Not as far I know. All preloads still go to your default library folder. I've sim linked mine onto a mech drive so it's doesn't eat away at my ssd and worked fine before. Still I'm sure we'd all like the option to manually do that, just as the same as move the screenshots and cloud saves to another location. Though I can't see it high on the list of Valve's priorities.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Fundamentally I detest digital but thanks to ridiculous pricing on PSN+ I kind of completely switched in the blink of an eye. (I've got 5 years PSN+ now)

I just need to keep in mind "it's a long term rental now, it's a long term rental now" that's all it is. I don't own shit for games :/

The beautiful thing about digital purchases is that, if they fuck you over in the long run, there are ways to.... get what is yours, if you know what I'm saying. And you have a good excuse for it.

Edit: the actual beautiful thing about digital distribution is price parity everywhere in the world (by jumping through hoops), immediate availability and having your library available everywhere at all times, but that didn't make my argument valid on this particular case.

Grief.exe

What a clusterfuck. I don't care is it's a DDOS attack, that's your fucking problem Valve. This is so ghetto.

I didn't know it was my job as a paying consumer to worry about what Valve engineers do to protect their service from cyber attacks.

nevermind_nathan_fillion.gif

Hahah yeah sorry but it's that silly time of the year again that is RPJ.

Not as far I know. All preloads still go to your default library folder. I've sim linked mine onto a mech drive so it's doesn't eat away at my ssd and worked fine before. Still I'm sure we'd all like the option to manually do that, just as the same as move the screenshots and cloud saves to another location. Though I can't see it high on the list of Valve's priorities.

Sexy

bs000

I probably just should've bought them earlier, but I hope they extend the sale by a day in response to the downtime so I can pick a few things up.

Myshkin

Because I got 5x$5 vouchers and the 5 transactions I did to be elligable for those vouches, 4 of them were for Sony stuff. I have no interest in PC stuff :/

Only expected 1 voucher from the $1 Fable. But I got 2 vouchers.

Checking... the other one is due to buying a year of PS+ on that Black Friday special.

Zafir

It seemed like you didn't even have to buy in the time period on Amazon to get the discount codes. I got 4 and I only bought one thing in December on Amazon.com. Two of the things I assume the codes were rewarded for were ps4 digital codes too.

dream

Three new items in my inventory and I can't see what they are. :(

For me, they were 3 50%-off coupons for Crusader Kings 2, so I'm assuming you got something along the same lines.

Anyone want a 50%-off coupon for Crusader Kings 2?

hohoXD123

I didn't know it was my job as a paying consumer to worry about what Valve engineers do to protect their service from cyber attacks.

Wow

Online services get attacked. It happens. Not the fault of the company unless if they were irresponsibly lax with their security measures.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Been a while since I paid attention to it, but Dawn Of The Ronin is looking good
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=211499174

My worry originally was that it was jut going to be a standard side scroller hack and slash, but it turns out the different sword stances and blocking (not really made apparent in the video given), will add some depth to the game play. As will giant oni.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It sucks that I worked so hard to push out a new version of Enhanced Steam last night... only to see that the Steam website is still offline this morning.

Anyway, I hope they come back online soon!

komorebi

Thoughts on Far Cry 3? I heard heaps of praise when it was released but the hype went down rather quickly. Worth the $7.50?

IMO yes. I don't think I've ever despised a plot or an entire cast of characters as much as this game (seriously, I wanted to punch every single one of them), but the gameplay and graphics are still worth it. With mods you can make it even more immersive and almost completely bypass the shite plot/characters and just go Rambo for fun.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
so what you are saying is.....it's your fault Steam is down?

No, although I got a surprisingly large number of emails last night from users saying that "as soon as they installed Enhanced Steam, they couldn't access the store". Just bad timing on their part, I guess. :(

Dr Dogg

It sucks that I worked so hard to push out a new version of Enhanced Steam last night... only to see that the Steam website is still offline this morning.

Anyway, I hope they come back online soon!

I think it's just certain territories as in the UK the store and ES has been working fine for me all day.

Hahaha

I think the vast majority of the gaming side will be business as usually. Can't have people and their outlandish opinions showing their real faces now can we.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
seems the GMG deals last 3 days, which puts it on the 6th when their banner says their sale is over. So I think I am officially done with this sale season ladies and gents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom