• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

So, a friend lend me Kingdom Hearts 2.5, PLEASE tell me that dice mini-game is TOTALLY optional.
I select it just out of curiosity, I choose 15000, I lost one hour and half figuring out what to do. There's really nothing to understand, but I was unlucky as hell.
Then I quitted because I need to have lunch.
I really hope I don't need to do that for complete the game, because the title itself seems really good to me.

lol, my brother's been playing that dice game a lot whenever I see him play it, for all I know it is optional.

I know, just being silly!

I got back into Sega games fairly recently, finding a deeper appreciation than I had before. I'll always believe Sega was a weird company from the start, and that's part of the charm. I think their choices are what hurt them, or lack of choices in a lot of cases. They have taken advantage of rereleases time and again but then stop before going after major hits. They should have kept going on the Dreamcast releases on PC and elsewhere, that would have been great. Some may not have been bank-busting successes, but even small successes are still a win.

FYI, I don't think SEGA Japan cares all that much about PC/Steam release/support, heck I'm of the notion that they STILL dislike their Western divisions doing better than they are >_>; Which is the reason why SEGA went to trash from the end of the Genesis era.

I'd like to be proven wrong and do want to see many of their franchises on Steam, even if their releases are like 3-6 months apart.

Kiru

Oh, 1GB update for Divinity OS came out today btw, balancing & cloud saves.
In addition to a number of bug fixes (thank you for all your feedback!), we’ve gone through all of the encounters in the game and made a ton of balancing changes that we think will make combat even more fun. We’ve also activated the Steam Cloud saves, and we have good news! PC & Mac savegames are compatible. For the modders out there, we can finally release the exporters that will allow you to import your own models and animations into the game.

Maniac

Banned
SEGA having to cut hundreds of employees isn't all that surprising. We've seen them make shoddy, incompetent business decisions time and time again. Hopefully they'll learn eventually and port some of the goldmines to modern systems with a remaster, ofcourse including PC.

Silly SEGA.
FYI, I don't think SEGA Japan cares all that much about PC/Steam release/support, heck I'm of the notion that they STILL dislike their Western divisions doing better than they are >_>; Which is the reason why SEGA went to trash from the end of the Genesis era.

I'd like to be proven wrong and do want to see many of their franchises on Steam, even if their releases are like 3-6 months apart.

Exactly. And now they've made their own bed as a business overall, and they've got to sleep in it.

This analogy is brought to you by ImReallyTired™

kevin1025

Banned

So weird. This will all make a fascinating book or documentary one day.

Monooboe

Just wanted to say that I miss hanging with you guys! Been busy with life and haven't been able to be here from some time.

Did I miss anything major in the last week or so?:D

milena87

God I hate being sick, but yesterday afternoon and this morning I was finally able to actually do something after 4 days of sleep. Yay!

Anyway, I just finished the first episode of Life is Strange and I'm really liking the game.
The ability to turn back time is interesting and I did change some of my choices here and there, just to see the different immediate outcome.
Can't wait for the next episode. I kinda hope it'll release at the beginning of March, but we'll see. The preview doesn't show much, though.

ayyyy
KOF2002UM to be released on Feb. 27
https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/561116001647878144
B8l8B5ZCMAAU8yk.png

milena87

Are you sick again? :S

Yep. I never saw my doc giving me more than 1 sick day in the past. He gave me the whole week this time. He said that there's this type of influenza that doesn't give you a high fever, but it leaves you completely powerless and super tired.

The one with the high fever lasts for only 2-3 days, of course I got the other one. I'm starting to feel better, though :)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
FYI about Sega, it feels more like they're going to do those F2P online/mobile games than actually porting their system games.

Yo, that's low. Don't call me american. What the hell man.

I just see games mostly having the 360 pad as default or recommended one.

No offense meant, I was talking about the style of the controller being big in certain regions.

What do you mena by okay, characters and world wipes?

wipes

Yiss!

98 is still better

Tizoc

So weird. This will all make a fascinating book or documentary one day.

I doubt SEGA of Japan would allow it :p
If you want more about how SEGA of Japan ruined it during the Genesis era, look up ANY article featuring Tom Kalinske
https://www.google.com/webhp?source..._en&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Tom+kalinske+sega
https://www.google.com/webhp?source...&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Tom+kalinske+sega-16

Did you know that one point we could've had SEGA 64 instead of a Nintendo 64?

Someone make a thread for this please!

Knurek

So. Lightning returns comes out on 13th. Anywhere you can preorder yet?
Did they announce the release date or are you just guessing based on the previous titles? LR is the one I've been waiting for since I skipped it on console. I really hope they fix the frame pacing issues but at least it'll run at 30fps which I heard the console version had trouble with :p

Milamber

I want to make NEP-NEP an usagi kemonomimi but the cost is too damn high. All these ribbon prices and materials will take forever to collect.

Arthea

Today I discovered I have Final Fantasy V on PSN.
I didn't buy it, since I don't usually buy digital stuff on consolle, so why I have that one in my account?
Maybe it was given for free with Plus at some point, I have Arc the Lad too :S
My memory is faulty.

I want it on PC, with cheevos, cards and indefinitely available, I have my older physical disks too, but I want them on steam, it's that simple. As I said before, I don't mind these being iOS ports as long as I get a full package in foreseeable future ;)
I want to replay both, especially FF5 and I'm waiting for SE to release them on steam

Jawmuncher

Today I discovered I have Final Fantasy V on PSN.
I didn't buy it, since I don't usually buy digital stuff on consolle, so why I have that one in my account?
Maybe it was given for free with Plus at some point, I have Arc the Lad too :S
My memory is faulty.

FFV was indeed PS+ I have it as well.
No clue about Arc the Lad.

I'm like 7 hours in on FF6 and I don't think it's ever going to surpass that opera scene.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Took a quick video of gameplay, without commentary, though I did a lot better than I did initially and encountered far less enemies than I did the first time playing, you'll see some of my complaints/praises for the game in the video, my stance is rough around the edges, but actually kind of fun, I'd imagine co-op being fun as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLyH0Sb_tYM

The impressions topic: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=149800676#post149800676

(at the moment, HD still rendering, when done processing it's a 60fps video)

Phinor

Sucks about Sega US but wonder if PC side means more ports. They said VC sales were above expectations.

This has nothing to do with that. Basically its Sega of America and if they went away, probably nothing of value would be lost from the point of view of a Sega, Creative Assembly, Relic fan.

Terra_Ex

FFV was indeed PS+ I have it as well.
No clue about Arc the Lad.

I'm like 7 hours in on FF6 and I don't think it's ever going to surpass that opera scene.
Is it your first time playing FF6? Damn I'm jealous, wish I could go back and play it fresh myself. Such a great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom