• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

autoduelist

Darkest Dungeon and Convoy are both calling to me. Taunting me. How the hell am I supposed to keep to any of my gaming related new years resolutions (spending related) if games like this keep coming out?

Hugstable

Banned
Neptunia is really surprising me, yeah the story and characters are nothing but fan service, but the core gameplay here is actually enjoyable. Finished Chapter 1 and trying out some optional dungeon, and now I'm learning that this game actually has a decent challenege as well. Heck I've probably already done more healing in this game than I have in alot of other JRPG so far lol

And now, for a Beseiged gif:

iHAUXDl.gif

holy shit

Grief.exe

ibnzDk7JeuCo7f.jpg

...maybe? I dunno what all we'd have to do to get modbot linked to the new thread. It is a scary world we are in without MR ORANGE

I can handle that.

Grief or JaseC know what to do since they have covered for Orange before. Someone should ask them.

Got your message, not sure if I really have time today to get something going. It's also not necessarily pivotal considering we are still below the arbitrary 20,000 post mark.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
...maybe? I dunno what all we'd have to do to get modbot linked to the new thread. It is a scary world we are in without MR ORANGE

If someone makes a new thread I have instructions and permission to relink Modbot as needed.

^^ Or Grief has your back.

So, have any of you guys played Gravity Ghost? saw TB video on it and it seems interesting, but i'm curious to hear your opinion on it.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I can handle that.

Got your message, not sure if I really have time today to get something going. It's also not necessarily pivotal considering we are still below the arbitrary 20,000 post mark.

I just had a funny idea for the thread in honor of Fake Pic February, really. We are still safe on postcount, but it is hard to tell if the Mods will randomly come in and put the shackles on this thread since the month is over. Still getting used to life in Community.

MRORANGE

Hi, I'm guessing you guys need a new thread.

Hold on.

EDIT: There are no recommendations for this month :| I'll have to find some games to write about.

Hold on.

EDIT: There are no recommendations for this month :| I'll have to find some games to write about.

He lives!

Also, the BundleStars Fully Loaded Bundle will be over in under two days. Pick up these awesome games for $4.99. :)

Wrack - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
DARK - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
BlazeRush - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Onikira: Demon Killer
Super Toy Cars - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Magnetic By Nature - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Silence of the Sleep
The Joylancer: Legendary Motor Knight
The Detail - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Z - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)

DocSeuss

Besiege keys are gonna go out to people who bought via the Humble widget, but they're waiting on Valve for keys right now.

Hold on.

You not being dead is the highlight of my day.

Tizoc

@Jshackles- We won't really know the impact of our choices until the remaining episodes are released. I honestly suggest not taking the choice thing too seriously, and just expect it to be just like how Telltale does it.
That way if LiS' choices DO have a big impact on the story you'll be pleasantly surprised :p
We might need someone to take over for ORANGE since he's been MIA for a while.

EDIT: Oh NVM, he posted, hope you're doin' OK MRORANGE.

BTW I'll try to do a quick write up of KoF 02 UM and PM it to you.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
@Jshackles- We won't really know the impact of our choices until the remaining episodes are released. I honestly suggest not taking the choice thing too seriously, and just expect it to be just like how Telltale does it.
That way if LiS' choices DO have a big impact on the story you'll be pleasantly surprised :p

Yeah that's pretty much how I'm looking at it. I'm expecting Telltale, but if they offer something better than I'll be ecstatic. Most of the "major" decisions seemed to be split about 50/50 anyway according to the end results page.

Also those Life Is Strange profile backgrounds are horrible cop-outs.

MRORANGE

HE IS ALIVE!

Orange is back!

He lives!

You not being dead is the highlight of my day.

I take it the heist went well then.

Was just busy with work :| Not dead yet.

EDIT: Oh NVM, he posted, hope you're doin' OK MRORANGE.

BTW I'll try to do a quick write up of KoF 02 UM and PM it to you.

Cool thanks!

Yay, he lives!
Just tell everyone to buy Life is Strange.
Edit: and There Came an Echo.

Already did ;)

Life is Strange
- MRORANGE
Life is Strange is a episodic game developed by Dontnod Entertainment... never heard of them? They made Remember Me, now they
are back with their second game about a photography student who has the ability to rewind time. when she wants resulting in future
unknown changes and consequences. Taking a leaf out of Telltales book with branching dialogue options and exploration this could be a
sleeper hit of they year, or what Square Enix is hoping for, each new episode will be released at 6 weeks intervals between each one.

Dr Dogg

Aaaaand done.
Pitiful time but now my memory has been refreshed and I have a handle on where everything is and what to bring to each area, combined with cutting out unnecessary backtracking and saving I reckon 5 hours or less is easily on the cards. Of course it will probably all end in tears on the Chris run though.

Edit: Oh and don't click that pic unless you want your screen taken over.

Hold on.

I can shoot you something tomorrow for Total War Attila and/or Resident Evil Revelations 2 if that's ok? Not exactly in the most creative mood at the moment.

Speevy

Banned
When you're dying of plague, there's nothing you want more than a 50 foot tall chainsaw to the head.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Besiege -- MB-7A65F0EA102EEA98 - Taken by CheesecakeRecipe. 74 entrants total.

t1422825382z1.png

Milamber

I just spent 3 hours straight in Nep-Nep decimating baby whales non-stop. Good thing is I jumped about 14 levels. Great thing is I found the quick battle button to be LT.

Arthea

Meanwhile in Alphadia Genesis fake ending totally happened, I knew it! I really did, I think I even posted about it, it is called normal ending, but it's just a fake. And to think that I wrapped loose ends for it. Now I have new things to wrap as legendary equipment and revisit dungeons for Nth time, lost count already and even worse after all this work I'm almsot sure I won't 100% it, at least is seems like it.
Life is so unfair, I left Transistor to play some of AG, two weeks later, I'm still playing AG ... and I thought it's a short game. I should know better by now, shouldn't I? (><)

Tizoc

Meanwhile in Alphadia Genesis fake ending totally happened, I knew it! I really did, I think I even posted about it, it is called normal ending, but it's just a fake. And to think that I wrapped loose ends for it. Now I have new things to wrap as legendary equipment and revisit dungeons for Nth time, lost count already and even worse after all this work I'm almsot sure I won't 100% it, at least is seems like it.
Life is so unfair, I left Transistor to play some of AG, two weeks later, I'm still playing AG ... and I thought it's a short game. I should know better by now, shouldn't I? (><)

I forgot to get it during its initial release, do you happen to know where I could find ti for cheap?

Arthea

I forgot to get it during its initial release, do you happen to know where I could find ti for cheap?

I checked before buying and for some reason it is sold only on steam and nowhere else, unless that changed, you need to wait for summer sale, most likely.

edited: Mr Orange, will we get GOTY results with Feb thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom