• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, I sent in a request to the humble bundle "ninjas" with a second email address they can cc it to. Hopefully that works. No idea why Outlook wouldn't receive the mail, even in the junk folder.

I know this defeats the purpose of the anonymous benefactor, and I might be double posting doing this, but this is important.

Could the anonymous benefactor who did the Pony Island giveaway PLEASE send me the transaction ID? Humble got back to me and is asking for it. " The transaction ID should be a 13 character value that begin with X. If you're having trouble finding it, here's a handy article:"

Locating your Humble Transaction ID

I'm really sorry to be a pain about this, and I will play it, honest, just...help a brother out. Thanks!

Supposedly, people are using lures placed at Pokestops in Pokémon GO to get people to go to locations and then physically rob them.

God bless American entrepreneurship.

And hey, I caved on DOOM. I would sit forever in front of the screen playing Doom 2 around when it came out. It is still one of the pinnacles in FPS design, to me. "Throw in some of those Doom 1 bosses, but get this, make them just be regular enemies." It's the perfect weight between spongey targets and teeth-clenchingly blasting through a horde. And the level layouts that whisked in a little platforming action.

Parsnip

so what was the problem with the Steam version of RE4? It's not the same as the GC/Wii version of content?
There's no problem with the Steam version of RE4. Couple reload animations don't look right if you play at 60fps, but other than that it's the best and most complete version of the game.

Also that upcoming texture mod is godlike.

Just finished 10000000 over the weekend, pretty fun match-3 game with rpg elements and progression, albeit by the middle to end, it did get awfully grindy especially with the last few achievements. Should I expect the same with You Must Build A Boat?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just finished 10000000 over the weekend, pretty fun match-3 game with rpg elements and progression, albeit by the middle to end, it did get awfully grindy especially with the last few achievements. Should I expect the same with You Must Build A Boat?

the same just much better. Better setting, better meta upgrade system, much longer campaign.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait, Severed is a Drinkbox game? so does that mean its coming to steam eventually? or does it not work without the touch mechanics or whatever Vita thingies it had?

Nabs

wait, Severed is a Drinkbox game? so does that mean its coming to steam eventually? or does it not work without the touch mechanics or whatever Vita thingies it had?

The touch mechanics are important to the gameplay. Here's what they have to say about a PC release. There's a chance, but nothing planned at the moment.

DOOM's the game that continues to deliver.

Now if only they would announce a single player expansion pack.

That would be awesome.

And just shy of 15 hours in, I have all the Broken Age achievements save two: doing a one-hour speedrun of the game, and getting all the achievements (so basically it's just one more thing to do.) Not sure if I even can, let alone want to. Ah well, I think I did pretty well.

Knurek

And just shy of 15 hours in, I have all the Broken Age achievements save two: doing a one-hour speedrun of the game, and getting all the achievements (so basically it's just one more thing to do.) Not sure if I even can, let alone want to. Ah well, I think I did pretty well.

SAM exists for that very reason.
(If you care about 100% enough to unlock them, and not enough to actually speedrun through game)

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing -- MB-721EEF9E66A15D73 - Taken by Zeeman
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II -- MB-1F7F1AD5CBDCF516 - Taken by Anteater

Anteater

i'd say gmg is doing a good job with advertising

ZRRzQeZ.jpg

mp1990

Banned
Just watched Sony VITA Buying Guide + Best Games & Honorable Mentions! by MetalJesusRocks. Hm, Vita looks actually really neat with all the PSP & PS1 games on top of its own stuff. Maybe a cheap, used PS Vita.
You can also buy an PSTV, which is basically a Vita that you can link to your TV (some games aren't compatible but honestly, you won't be missing much). It's usually way cheaper than the Vita, and I personally prefer to play my games on a bigger screen, so it's a matter of preference. There's a whole lot of cool games in it, it's just that... some of the anime trash really is trash lol.

Anyone having trouble getting to their account inventory on Steam? I was going to set up a giveaway but I can't access anything through Steam for some reason. Just a black screen.

I'd try the web browser but I forgot my phone.

gngf123

k

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (gngf123, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Megabyte Punch -- MB-F67537FDAA57573F - Taken by chronomac. 2 entrants total.
Pixeljunk Shooter -- MB-0F9FCA4EB3D26B00 - Taken by illusionary. 1 entrants total.

t1468253836z1.png

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mackenzie 92, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Flesh Eaters -- MB-E5B17F0FA90AEFC8 - Taken by nightstorm
Jet Racing Extreme -- MB-40FCDA407DA9027A - Taken by voodooray
Two Worlds II -- MB-528E5F3FE2798FC0 - Taken by Aurablade
Kivi, Toilet and Shotgun -- MB-CBB7487905036069 - Taken by Diedac
Turbo Pug -- MB-09824878635FAC2E - Taken by fifasnipe2224

Knurek

Velocity 2X finally got that major nVidia Win10 bug fixed

http://www.futurlab.co.uk/velocity-2x-on-steam-bug-166.html

Hell of a tale.

The bug’s been open for 13 months now, and it gives me much pleasure to finally close it. I am so terribly sorry that things have not been in alignment sooner, to give it the time needed for resolution. We were so close, 6 months ago, but it was not to be.

If the bug was on NVIDIA driver side, wouldn't it be better, to, you know, contact NVIDIA for help?
(I am aware the blogpost mentions doing so through Sierra. What I don't understand is why the dev didn't do so on his own?)

Rhaknar

That Ghostbusters game coming out tomorow out of nowhere is 40€ / $50

giphy.gif

Tizoc

I do hope that in Rhaknar's absence from the Steam thread, he didn't become unaware of Activision's pricings of their games :V
At least King's Quest '15 is worth its discount price at least, what with it being a proper Pnc-style adventure game.

there is a new Ghostbusters game? I take is from the new movie?

You know there's an Upcoming tab on Steam right?
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=comingsoon&os=win,mac
Might want to use it from time to time, Wishlist be damned.

Rhaknar

I do hope that in Rhaknar's absence from the Steam thread, he didn't become unaware of Activision's pricings of their games :V
At least King's Quest '15 is worth its discount price at least, what with it being a proper Pnc-style adventure game.

the game looks Korra tier, which was Activision... and $15.

but hey one could be wrong and the game is a full fledged 40 hour action rpg and not a budget cash in title.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Lol, it's 7£ here, according to Enhanced Steam.
I'm confused.

Edit: Oh, it's another Ghostbusters game. Forget it then.

Even though it's an error (on IsThereAnyDeal's side), I can almost guarantee it's the better game and money better spent

mp1990

Banned
Even though it's an error (on IsThereAnyDeal's side), I can almost guarantee it's the better game and money better spent

That comparison is almost unfair to the new game, since the 2009's Ghostbusters is arguably better than most TPSs out there nowadays lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom