• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to play SiN (that FPS from 1998 by Ritual Entertainment), since i got it bundled with SiN Episodes. And damn, for FPS this game have some impressively hard and complex design. Inventory, stealth missions, environment puzzles, primary and secondary objectives, security computers with command prompt... This game is hard, i can't imagine how modern player who missed 90's can beat it without detailed guide. It also didn't aged well technically, UI didn't have scaling and everything is too small on 1080p, NPC models have some weird pulsating effect and look like jelly beans in motion, and main hero is sliding around like on ice.

fantomena

Received my Surface Pro 4 yesterday. Such a fantastic work laptop. It will be used to writing, noting and browsing the web. Installed a few games on it too, but don't think I'll ever touch them. I mean, I barely touch games on my desktop gaming PC. :p

Tizoc

Silly question but if inupgrade from 8 mbps to 16 mbps on dsl, i should get a boost to my download speed right?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Silly question but if inupgrade from 8 mbps to 16 mbps on dsl, i should get a boost to my download speed right?

Of course. Roughly double what you're getting at the moment, assuming you're currently syncing at 8Mbps and your line length is "short" enough to sync at 16Mbps.

JaseC

Then either my router is acting up or i neeed have a talk with my isp

Are you actually syncing at 16Mbps? If you're a fair distance from the node/exchange or your line is otherwise rather long, then upgrading your plan isn't going to do anything. My ADSL connection topped out at ~7.5Mbps.

Seriously. Its fucking me up.
As soon as I add my Steam library, Steam Client Bootsstrapper stops working...
I just wonder if its a Steam Update that broke it or that new CS:Go Update.

So many people experiencing the same problem since today:

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/1457328846183627389/
https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/1457328846183548015/
https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/1457328392103305853/
https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/1457328846183374155/

Did you try deleting that .blob file? Cos that usually solves half the login issues

Yeah. Doesnt work.
If I uninstall Steam, then reinstall it, I can log in (most of the times). As soon as I add my library, the SteamClientBootstraper stops working.
So I just wonder if its a new Steam Update that broke it for some folks or the CS:Go Update.

At least it seems that some people experience the same issue I have also since today.

Jadax

Seriously. Its fucking me up.
As soon as I add my Steam library, Steam Client Bootsstrapper stops working...
I just wonder if its a Steam Update that broke it or that new CS:Go Update.

So many people experiencing the same problem since today:

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/1457328846183627389/
https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/1457328846183548015/
https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/1457328392103305853/
https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/1457328846183374155/

Tried turning off your antivirus? Worked for me, bitdefender sucks megaballs.

Tried turning off your antivirus? Worked for me, bitdefender sucks megaballs.

I dont even have an Antivirus besides WindowsDefender. Also turned it off, but didnt help.
I think it has something to do with a game in my library. If I reinstall Steam and havent added my library (which is on another HDD) Steam works. As soon as I add it, it crashes and I cant log in anymore.

I can log in with an account that doesnt have my family sharing though. My wifes one, which I share my library with though, also cant log in from my PC (but from her Macbook, but she is using the Mac Steam).

Huh, i just found that you can see how much games in specific categories by clicking on "games" text in search field.
aYNaYRv.png
Yeah. Doesnt work.
If I uninstall Steam, then reinstall it, I can log in (most of the times). As soon as I add my library, the SteamClientBootstraper stops working.
So I just wonder if its a new Steam Update that broke it for some folks or the CS:Go Update.

At least it seems that some people experience the same issue I have also since today.
I had weird bug few months ago when Steam suddenly started refusing to log in through client. Your case seems little different but at least you should try to change download region to anything else in Settings -> Downloads.

Arthea

Woah, you're faster than me?
Damn all those 30+ hour visual novels.

I have 5 ~100 hour games, 5 ~50 hour games and all others are short, so not like I'm skipping long games, I just play all my short games together with long ones.

How many games have you finished?

So a new Humble (yes we still do bundles, it's kinda in the name) Bundle in 6ish hours?

it will be rebundle betrayalton bundle, region locked to US

Ascheroth

I have 5 ~100 hour games, 5 ~50 hour games and all others are short, so not like I'm skipping long games, I just play all my short games together with long ones.

How many games have you finished?

it will be rebundle betrayalton bundle, region locked to US
Unrelated, but regarding Fata Morgana:
Did you read the backlog during Door 4?

I think I'm at 29 so far this year. Though I bought a PS4 at the start of the year and 20 out of 29 are on it, only 9 on steam.

Also anyone have thoughts about Black: The fall?

It's coming out in a few hours and in a similar vein to Inside/Limbo with a bit more colour. It was apparently in EA but it completely slipped me by.

Arthea

Unrelated, but regarding Fata Morgana:
Did you read the backlog during Door 4?

not sure what you mean by that, I read everything, I haven't done any extra stuff, if that's what you are asking, I also thought I went through all "choices", but apparently I missed something cuz I didn't get one cheevo I should have had. And what is worse there is no way to see which negative end I missed, sigh.

Ascheroth

not sure what you mean by that, I read everything, I haven't done any extra stuff, if that's what you are asking, I also thought I went through all "choices", but apparently I missed something cuz I didn't get one cheevo I should have had. And what is worse there is no way to see which negative end I missed, sigh.
Sounds like you didn't. This (House in Fata Morgana spoilers) is what I'm talking about :p

Ascheroth

I almost never checked backlog, why would I?
sigh

you wanna say me you just noticed it, just like that? lol
Yeah, it was accidental. Which made for a great wth moment.
This is only a door 4 thing. I'm not even sure if I caught all of the extra text. Now I'm in the mood to reread that chapter :/

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I don't play a lot of mobile games, but I was thinking of at least picking up the dollar tier of the latest mobile bundle. A bunch of those Kemco games look suspiciously like Final Fantasy Tactics or SNES RPGs. I dig some RPGMaker games for a dollar. Anyone play them and think they're not even worth a dollar?

kionedrik

So a new Humble (yes we still do bundles, it's kinda in the name) Bundle in 6ish hours?

If you take into account the refund period of late steam sale purchases, it's still too soon for that.
Lately the only HB bundles worth mentioning are the mobile ones. They've been really good.

Grief.exe

Received my Surface Pro 4 yesterday. Such a fantastic work laptop. It will be used to writing, noting and browsing the web. Installed a few games on it too, but don't think I'll ever touch them. I mean, I barely touch games on my desktop gaming PC. :p

Where do you play games then?

If you take into account the refund period of late steam sale purchases, it's still too soon for that.
Lately the only HB bundles worth mentioning are the mobile ones. They've been really good.

Last mobile one was stupid because a lot of the games were on steam and I would have bought if it was the same games but...PC bundle.

Parsnip

I'm at 23 on the 52 games a year challenge. At this rate I'm certainly going to beat my 2014 and 2015 counts, but getting to 52 might prove challenging. Unless I specifically target some shorter games.

Also anyone have thoughts about Black: The fall?

It's coming out in a few hours and in a similar vein to Inside/Limbo with a bit more colour. It was apparently in EA but it completely slipped me by.

Yeah, that gives me some heavy Another World + Inside vibes.

Mivey

is this balthier is the leading man thing a meme or something
The script of XII is clearly been reworked quite a few times and Vaan wasn't meant to be the big focus he ended up being, they didn't change the story and other characters enough to make it sensible. So by the second half, your "protagonist" feels like the sixth wheel or something.

Wok

My ADSL connection topped out at ~7.5Mbps.

SuMAsoR.png
😎

This is why I can now download bigger games on Steam without the hassle of waiting for a day for the download to complete. More like an hour now.

My previous peak was 0.7 MB/s.

JaseC

SuMAsoR.png
��

This is why I can now download bigger games on Steam without the hassle of waiting for a day for the download to complete. More like an hour now.

My previous peak was 0.7 MB/s.

I'd like to move up to 250Mbps, but the plans are prohibitively expensive and will likely remain so under the current government as literally nobody on the awful FTTN portion of the network that it's solely responsible for (the previous government wanted to roll out FTTP to all but the outer-regional/rural 7% of the population, who'd instead be serviced by either fixed wireless or satellite) syncs anywhere near 250Mbps.

One of the current government's claims in the lead-up the leadership-changing election was that since FTTN uses existing phone lines, the fixed-line footprint would be larger. The opposite happened. Hooray for partisan politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom