• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Humble Bundle/Monthly predicament.

This.

Unless i want to support developers and want the game like crazy. My backlog already so swollen. :/

Just announced on the Xseed twitch stream, Ys VII is coming to Steam. Also confirmed not to be the Chinese port.

Fantastic! I finished on Vita but still exciting!

Edit: I thought Ys VII means "Ys: Memories of Celceta", but different game, so i didn't finish it, more fantastic!

Tizoc

Still no Zwei date though, I wanna play that already!

Still holding out hope for Brandish in the future.

My man~
I like that Falcom kept its PC roots in the remake, what with the music and overall RPG/exploration elements.
It's funny how you can collect all that gold and never need to spend anything since you get armor and weapons just be exploring the areas.

I had no idea they're aiming for Summer too with the Ys port, jeez. There's Zwei, Cold Steel, and Ys VII all from Xseed. Then we still got Ys VIII and Xanadu during the Fall.

I wonder if Falcom is just hoping to get their entire library on Steam as soon as possible.

Warhammer Quest is strangely addicting. It's a simple TBS/board game, but it works really well. Combat is fun; there are enough skills and loot to keep things interesting, but never too complex; main quests are well written and interesting; and you can grind for levels and gold forever, thanks to randomly generated quests.

Of course, there is a finite number of mission descriptions for the randomly generated quests, but after 50 hours in the game, I keep seeing new content. A man in a bar talks about a certain amulet in a dungeon, someone complains about giant spiders nearby, a shopkeeper is kidnapped... you can tell the devs worked hard on this one.

The game has some negative reviews in Steam due to the DLC and pricing scheme. The Deluxe edition is the one you want, but it's too expensive right now. I got this really cheap on a sale; if you're interested, wishlist it and buy it when the price is right.

Part of the dev team created a new team called Perchang, and they're currently working on Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times for mobile platforms. I hope they announce a PC port soon.

I got this game for free on iPad and I really like it. Greta for touch screens but I bet it would be fun on PC too. Even looks kind of nice, with good animation and lighting.

Ucchedavāda;243466608 said:
You both should give Eyes of Ara a look.

The areas are not as small as The Room, but are still much smaller than typical Myst games, and the puzzles are quite well designed, IMO. It is also Wok approved and has a demo.

Downloading the demo, thanks!

FLD

I can't believe we're getting both Cold Steel and Ys Seven so close to each other. Celceta will be the only one that's missing, and at this point it's probably safe to assume it'll follow sooner or later.

Mivey

Just announced on the Xseed twitch stream, Ys VII is coming to Steam. Also confirmed not to be the Chinese port.
Great news. So just one game missing for a complete (modern) Ys experience on PC.
I guess even with Memories of Calceta, V would still be missing, but that one has never been remastered, and I don't see them going for the PS2 version.

FLD

I guess even with Memories of Calceta, V would still be missing, but that one has never been remastered, and I don't see them going for the PS2 version.

I think there's a decent chance a remake of Ys V might be the next one. I vaguely remember reading an interview where Kondo said they went back and forth on doing a remake of V vs Ys VIII. So it's definitely something they're already thinking about doing.

dot

eh...i beat Fate Extella on ps4. It's not very good and the combat is shallow. Story makes no damn sense but that's anime for ya.

I never watched the anime but i don't think i would ever recommend this to fans either. It's bad.

My first 2 hours of Dark Souls III was quite.. amusing.

Tutorial area is rather short. There's an optional boss that I bet is a trap so I skipped it. The first boss doesn't pose much problems though I died once on its second phase. I'm liking the main hub, Firelink Shrine. I even prefer it over Bloodborne's Hunter's Dream, while Majula from DSII is my second favorite hub. After lighting the bonfire there, I tried progressing further by exploring the surrounding area. However, I couldn't figure out where I should go next. There's a door to a tower which is locked, and at another end, there's a menacing human-looking enemy wielding a katana. After walking around and being puzzled for 30 minutes, I decided to use up all of the acquired souls so far and level up to gain a few more stats to face the katana dude. It took me several tries to finally beat him (and he drops a decent katana which is nice). When I thought I can finally progress, the door behind him is actually locked... woe is me. Puzzled, I keep exploring every nook and cranny of the area to find where I'm supposed to go next for the next 15 minutes. When I'm about to give up and see a wiki or youtube, I finally decided to check out that travel option in the bonfire. And bam, there it is, my next destination. I feel so stupid.

zkylon

zkylewd
My first 2 hours of Dark Souls III was quite.. amusing.

Tutorial area is rather short. There's an optional boss that I bet is a trap so I skipped it. The first boss doesn't pose much problems though I died once on its second phase. I'm liking the main hub, Firelink Shrine. I even prefer it over Bloodborne's Hunter's Dream, while Majula from DSII is my second favorite hub. After lighting the bonfire there, I tried progressing further by exploring the surrounding area. However, I couldn't figure out where I should go next. There's a door to a tower which is locked, and at another end, there's a menacing human-looking enemy wielding a katana. After walking around and being puzzled for 30 minutes, I decided to use up all of the acquired souls so far and level up to gain a few more stats to face the katana dude. It took me several tries to finally beat him (and he drops a decent katana which is nice). When I thought I can finally progress, the door behind him is actually locked... woe is me. Puzzled, I keep exploring every nook and cranny of the area to find where I'm supposed to go next for the next 15 minutes. When I'm about to give up and see a wiki or youtube, I finally decided to check out that travel option in the bonfire. And bam, there it is, my next destination. I feel so stupid.

don't beat yourself up, only thing stupid is dks3's linear progression

zkylon

zkylewd
Do you ever feel bad adding free games that you probably will never play?

yeah, i almost never add games if they look like something that i'm not interested in, and i usually like paying for games cos i'll probably forget to gift them to someone or something later if i liked it

bbd23

lmao is all the dialogue in Resident Evil as cheesy as the first zombie encounter because if it is I will love this game.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm getting around to buying Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD because it's being removed and I notice the THPS3 partial DLC is not on sale for some reason

Tapejara

The annoying thing is the Pro Skater HD DLC was just recently on sale on PSN, along with the main game. They just chose not to put the Steam version of the DLC on sale for whatever reason.

Momentary

Banned
Fate/EXTELLA store page is up.

Release date: 25 July

That's cool... but where's the buy button? :(

eh...i beat Fate Extella on ps4. It's not very good and the combat is shallow. Story makes no damn sense but that's anime for ya.

I never watched the anime but i don't think i would ever recommend this to fans either. It's bad.

It's got pretty good looking super moves though... and they need to be recorded in amazing quality by me.

On another note. Does Jotun: Valhalla Edition show up as just Jotun? I think I got it from a bundle and it just shows up as Jotun in my game list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom