• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

inm8num2

300 pages in half a month - wow!

I guess this will get locked for the summer sale, though?

Just a few days away...and GOG's sale has been really good so far, too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This sale could be interesting for a number of reasons. Even for those of us that seemingly own everything, just think of all the games that have been added to Steam (whether you consider that a good thing or a bad thing) since the last sale.

dude my wishlist keeps growing no matter how much I buy

I was like "yeah Secret files collection, thats 4 crossed off the list, down to 451"

...its already 456 again o_O

edit: Lichdom Battlemage is 40% off until july 21st, there goes my hopes of a higher sale :/

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
dude my wishlist keeps growing no matter how much I buy

I was like "yeah Secret files collection, thats 4 crossed off the list, down to 451"

...its already 456 again o_O

Just noticed this

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

haha nice

kevin1025

Banned
This sale could be interesting for a number of reasons. Even for those of us that seemingly own everything, just think of all the games that have been added to Steam (whether you consider that a good thing or a bad thing) since the last sale.

That is very true. Things might go full crazy and there might be a Daily Deal solely dedicated to Early Access games.

Rhaknar

Fate Bundle also on sale, until june 30th. 50% off, more crushed hopes of going 75% :(

Arthea

I need sale to start now, I don't feel like playing, and if I install Peggle, it'll end like last time.

nah b i just really like peggle

I don't trust any human who doesn't like Peggle, it's like hating on Pandas (not our ones, real ones) or even worse, on Tetris.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.

Yup, plus I'm curious to see what GMG and the Humble Store might put on sale as well. Hoping for some matched DRM-free + Steam indie deals from the latter.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Xenonauts is stuck in Early Access thanks to a Steam bug.

Hopefully Goldhawk doesn't lose their steam license for publicly pointing out said bug.

Goldhawk Interactive said:
Slightly sheepish update here!

Steam has a big button marked "Leave Early Access" on top of the developer backend. About five minutes ago I pressed it so Xenonauts could finally be officially released....but it's giving me an error instead, so we can't actually officially launch the game. I'll admit that that is quite funny, but if I'm honest it's the sort of funny I'd rather wasn't happening to me.

I think this is because we were one of the earlier games in Early Access - we can't actually edit the Early Access text on our store like devs who joined more recently are able to, so I assume we're on an older system or something (I actually suspect the game was "released" a year ago and hardcoded as Early Access at the time, which is why it won't now let me launch a second time).

Either way, I've emailed Steam for help but I don't know exactly when all the Early Access branding is going to be removed from our page. I'll just save the big update I wrote and post it up when it all does happen. This is all a bit anticlimactic, isn't it?

HoosTrax

X360CE only makes it so non Xinput gamepads are recognized or converted to Xinput pads (360 controller). It does not do anything for games that do not natively support xbox 360 controller.
Notably, it doesn't seem to work with Risk of Rain, which had shitty controller support to begin with.

For the hoard

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

HOARD Complete Pack -- MB-B560493F03CEB5F5 - Taken by r3n4ud

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
For JaseC

3000.png

The name hasn't up at STS yet.

You've got to be pretty close yourself, no?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It should work with risk of rain, perhaps you are configuring it wrong. What gamepad are you using?

Risk of Rain has partial controller support, I believe. I recall someone mentioning that while you can control the game proper using a controller, you still need to use a mouse to navigate UI elements.

You've got to be pretty close yourself, no?

He hit 3k months ago. The Top 500 list was taken down about a month ago, but he and ADJ were always nipping at each other's heels.

nexen

Risk of Rain has partial controller support, I believe. I recall someone mentioning that while you can control the game proper using a controller, you still need to use a mouse to navigate UI elements.

He hit 3k months ago. The Top 500 list was taken down about a month ago, but he and ADJ were always nipping at each other's heels.

I can't imagine having 3k. I'm at 1.2 and already my library looks like the bargain bin barfed on my screen.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The Kobin side missions in Blacklist are so good. It's pretty much the terrorist hunt mode from Conviction (and it was so good there I perfected all maps + DLC).

liezryou

Right, I thought he was referring to XBOX360CE specifically not working for the risk of rain actual game portion :O.

Nzyme32

I'm wondering if we'll see any new releases mid-sale, after all, it is when the most people will be viewing the front page I'd imagine, similar to MGS:Rising first appearance.

Actually, I wonder if steam can beat its record for most concurrent users at some point during the sale?

Vuze

Spares and stuff that hasn't been claimed according to ModBot (could've sworn somebody took pid tho, so not sure).
E: dat hot badge haha

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Toki Tori -- MB-862E4E068B6F5745 - Taken by Tizoc. 5 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Cognition -- MB-A08A0AEA76E8B436 - Taken by JustLynx. 7 entrants total.
Rage Runner -- MB-2CAF6C047553643D - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 6 entrants total.
Inescapable -- MB-05A2B0F7061980E7 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 2 entrants total.
Afterfall Insanity - Extended Edition -- MB-5D2FF6DEDD546D1B
pid -- MB-33CACC86F813D3E2

t1402945575z1.png

JaseC

I'm not stopping, but I've found myself thinking twice before buying bundles.

I remember when there were so few bundles that I wouldn't bat an eyelid at beating the average by $5. *stares out the window* If I did that these days I'd be broke. :p

nexen

I remember when there were so few bundles that I wouldn't bat an eyelid at beating the average by $5. *stares out the window* If I did that these days I'd be broke. :p

Most of the bundles these days are so bad.
With the glut of greenlight crap coming through now I imagine this trend will intensify too.

liezryou

Didn't seem to be working for me with a Wii Classic Controller Pro (which I have used successfully with X360CE in various other games).

As JaseC mentioned, were you actually IN the game or were you in the menus. Being a partial controller support, the menus might only work with kb/m.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
wow, cognition is considered hot because the base price is 29.99 on steam. that's embarrassing. i'll have to move up the threshold by a buck or two to avoid that happening again.

JaseC

Most of the bundles these days are so bad.
With the glut of greenlight crap coming through now I imagine this trend will intensify too.

Just wait until the proverbial floodgates open and Valve allows publishers to generate Steam keys at will (at present they still need to be generated at Valve's end and passed on).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom