• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Don't we have a gaffer named Dunderhassan posting here?

Just got added by a phishing account with his name after bumping my trade in tf2outpost. Hope it's an impersonator and not his real acount because that would suck :(

Y0SmTGM.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Just got added by a phishing account with his name after bumping my trade in tf2outpost. Hope it's an impersonator and not his real one because that would suck :(

Y0SmTGM.png

The real Dunder doesn't talk like that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks like Valve accidentally deleted everything in Sub 0 again.

http://steamdb.info/sub/0/history/

Just in case anyone was wondering why they can't download Free 2 Play games at the moment.

Sub Zero

The real Dunder doesn't talk like that.

Obviously, but if he clicked a phishing link his account would get hijacked. Got a lot of level 40+ profiles that have added me, which have fallen to the same scam

So as of now of metro LL went on sale would there be any reason to hold off and wait for redux instead? My understanding is that LL isn't really getting anything new outside of 2033 mode, right?

Authority

Banned
Is it safe to assume that one day we are going to have 30fps and 60fps editions?

Is it even possible to be done like this in the future?

30fps edition
30fps edition HD
60fps edition
60fps edition HD

And the new age of quadra dipping begins...

#Believe

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
So, I got around playing Chaos Theory, a few months after I beat Splinter Cell. Finished the first mission, enjoying it so far, this is supposed to be the best one, right?

And, Double Agent, yay or nay? I've heard it's like the beginning of the fall for the franchise? But since I have Conviction (got it for free, thankfully) and I'm going to play it, might as well buy this during the sales with Blacklist and play the whole series (save for Pandora Tomorrow, sadly).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Obviously, but if he clicked a phishing link his account would get hijacked. Got a lot of level 40+ profiles that have added me, which have fallen to the same scam

Ah, I misread "his" as "the". I didn't realise you were talking about the account and not the user.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I think sub 0 is being sunsetted in favour of game-specific free subs, such is the case with Reversion.

Most likely so, however at the moment nobody can download Free 2 Play games that don't have their own game-specific sub.

Grief.exe

I'm wondering if we'll see any new releases mid-sale, after all, it is when the most people will be viewing the front page I'd imagine, similar to MGS:Rising first appearance.

Actually, I wonder if steam can beat its record for most concurrent users at some point during the sale?

Ground Zeroes shows up day one for $15.

Great way to release your games if you think about it. I assume there is a massive visibility bump.

nexen

I was holding off on those until I had a few more upgrades since I want to try to do with with 0 KOs.
That is practically the only way to do those missions and get full points. So good.

So, I got around playing Chaos Theory, a few months after I beat Splinter Cell. Finished the first mission, enjoying it so far, this is supposed to be the best one, right?

And, Double Agent, yay or nay? I've heard it's like the beginning of the fall for the franchise? But since I have Conviction (got it for free, thankfully) and I'm going to play it, might as well buy this during the sales with Blacklist and play the whole series (save for Pandora Tomorrow, sadly).

Double Agent was a noticeable step down, gameplay wise but Conviction is where they started to say to themselves "You know what would make SC a better stealth game? Lots and lots of gunfights!"

HoosTrax

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198140577345

It is an impersonator after all. Anyway, do the right thing and report him. I always reject phising bots invites, but I remembered that he was a gaffer so I accepted him.
Too bad it's probably only a throwaway account.

Speaking of which, I don't know why I still have Russians with hundreds of hours in DOTA2 and very few games trying to add me as a friend. I'm pretty I have nothing of value in my inventory? So maybe it's just a general scamming / buy me free stuff pl0x type of thing.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Just got added by a phishing account with his name after bumping my trade in tf2outpost. Hope it's an impersonator and not his real acount one because that would suck :(

Y0SmTGM.png

It's amazing that people could actually fall for the stearn community trick.

Sub Zero

Too bad it's probably only a throwaway account.

Speaking of which, I don't know why I still have Russians with hundreds of hours in DOTA2 and very few games trying to add me as a friend. I'm pretty I have nothing of value in my inventory? So maybe it's just a general scamming / buy me free stuff pl0x type of thing.

Same thing happens with me almost everyday. Well, I got around 160 tf2 keys stashed in my account, but I am kinda creeped out that so many people are peeking in my inventory and trying to steal my account

It's amazing that people could actually fall for the stearn community trick.

A gaffer almost fell for it last month

Just got added by a phishing account with his name after bumping my trade in tf2outpost. Hope it's an impersonator and not his real acount because that would suck :(

Y0SmTGM.png

Dunderhassan is on my friend list and is a very decent guy, by the way I've just checked and my Steam client says "Last online: 1 day ago", so I can tell you as a fact it's not him.

nexen

Can I say that my inner 15 year old is super disappointed that instead of fighting un-textured geometric primitives with lazers in cyberspace, real-life hacking turns out to be mostly sending people messages like "yo, what is your password? I give u free gams"

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Double Agent is a sloppier version of Chaos Theory. There are still some good missions and the HQ stuff is a really neat twist to the normal SC stealth. I think it's worth checking out, but I love the series so I'm biased.

Conviction is really solid mechanically, but thematically it's a stealth murder sim. Which I was fine with, it's fun having the collar taken off.

From what I have played of Blacklist, I think it is the best in the series. The stealth feels great and you have a ton of really entertaining options to go about stealth, killing, or stealthily killing, The tools are fun to use and Sam feels more agile than ever with the way the level designers allow him to use the environment verticality. There is also a fuckton of content in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom