• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

Such is life.

4tltteagelzu.png

Just change it to easy mode mang. It ain't worth the struggle.

never! It actually feels rewarding when I win since i suck so much at it lol

Seriously? I found the minigame easier than the regular game. Never lost once.

yeah i don't know why... it's been hard for me except for a few times where i could end it within like a few steps but that didn't happen much :(

Let me post this for your enjoyment:

EDIT: forgot this gem (it's about Huniepop... by the way... not real life... I swear... really...)

is there an OT for this game? lol

Having a really hard time deciding what game to play next... Currently deciding between:

Pillars of Eternity
Shadowrun Dragonfall
Valkyria Chronicles

I'm slightly leaning towards Shadowrun just because I'm in the mood for a top down tactical XCOM-y RPG.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Dragonfall is by far the shortest of the list, so I say go with that. Sometimes, cruising through a game start-to-end reinvigorates my drive.

I'm currently making barely any progress in Witcher 3 and it has shut down my interest in games. Total shutdown is my M.O. when I start to feel overwhelmed, so it's playing off of that response, I think.

Having a really hard time deciding what game to play next... Currently deciding between:

Pillars of Eternity
Shadowrun Dragonfall
Valkyria Chronicles

I'm slightly leaning towards Shadowrun just because I'm in the mood for a top down tactical XCOM-y RPG.

There is a big update coming to Pillars of Eternity (that'll drop when they launch the expansion) that revamps the AI, makes solo stealth an option, and a ton of other tweaks and changes. I'd hold off on PoE until that hits (not that it's bad in any way now).

Shadownet

Banned

Pillars of Eternity
Shadowrun Dragonfall
Valkyria Chronicles

Bad Rats. There is no other choice.
I'd go with Dragonfall if you're in that mood.

Omega

Banned
So Gat out of Hell is literally 4-5 hours of side missions until you reach the end?

If the story stuff wasn't as interesting as it has been i swear I would find this offensive.

I'm a huge Saints Row fan and that had to be one of the most disappointing titles to me. I got it for $5 at launch during the GameStop mistake and I still felt ripped off.

Kiru

Surprised to see Hitman: Blood Money with an "Overwhelmingly Positive" score. Didn't know people held it in such high regard. Seems like a good purchase for under $2.

Enter my giveaway before you purchase it tho! Also it's one of the best Hitman games.

Jawmuncher

Blood Money is the one everyone raves about these days. Newest so it doesn't feel dated while still keeping the complexity of the original more or less intact.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
My son has been using Skype for text and voice chat with friends while playing minecraft. Now he is starting with counter strike. Are there better alternatives for voice chat - maybe lower overhead for example? I've seen mumble suggested before but I don't know what makes it a good choice.

Zeknurn

My son has been using Skype for text and voice chat with friends while playing minecraft. Now he is starting with counter strike. Are there better alternatives for voice chat - maybe lower overhead for example? I've seen mumble suggested before but I don't know what makes it a good choice.

Mumble is by far the best in terms of latency, audio quality and overhead.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

I would think most CS people are using TeamSpeak

Lain

Looks interesting, might ba...

Made by ex NISA staff who localized NepNep

Not gonna back.

Being serious, I'm in no place to back more stuff right now, I even promised I'd back Shenmue in July when I have money.

But I do believe that last thing might put some people off from backing, if I have to trust what NepNep lovers who hate NISA for how they translated the games wrote on the IFI boards or the Steam boards.

Not gonna back.

Being serious, I'm in no place to back more stuff right now, I even promised I'd back Shenmue in July when I have money.

But I do believe that last thing might put some people off from backing, if I have to trust what NepNep lovers who hate NISA for how they translated the games wrote on the IFI boards or the Steam boards.

I took that part out for now, IFI twitter just mentioned the team "includes NepNep localization veterans". I don't know how many of them or what their roles were.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

WARNING! This game has an Age Restriction of 18.

Vapour is an experimental horror game, that fuses elements of both old school and modern horror titles with the frantic game play of classic First Person Shooter titles. Blending horror, shooter, action, puzzle and platformer in a dynamic yet cohesive combination.

In Vapour you take on the role of a psychotic warlock known only as "Charles", who has been held captive and brutally tortured his entire life by a sadistic cult. After being executed for his crimes, Charles used his last ounce of strength to avoid total damnation.

Now, trapped between the borders of Purgatory and Hell and with his powers diminished, Charles must battle through hordes of demons, face his haunting past and ultimately make it back to earth to exact his revenge on those who have wronged him.

FEATURES:

• -Spell-based combat
  • -Interactive puzzles
  • -Non-linear level design
  • -Plenty of exploration
  • -Tricky platforming
  • -Terrifying demons
  • -Deadly scares
  • -Sneaky secrets
  • -One gory and twisted plot

Counter-Strike: GO is about 500,000 copies away from selling 15,000,000 copies and Counter-Strike: Source is about 1,200,000 copies away from selling 15,000,000. The whole CS franchise has sold close to 50,000,000 copies on PC. Does anyone know how much CS sold on the original Xbox, Xbox 360, and PS3?

MUnited83

For you.

Not gonna back.

eh, from what I've seen its just people who dont get what "localization" means and want everything to be literal translations with japanese honorifics.

Fuck that . it's very well localized and the english dub is much better than the japanese.

Jawmuncher

Counter-Strike: GO is about 500,000 copies away from selling 15,000,000 copies and Counter-Strike: Source is about 1,200,000 copies away from selling 15,000,000. The whole CS franchise has sold close to 50,000,000 copies on PC. Does anyone know how much CS sold on the original Xbox, Xbox 360, and PS3?

Don't know about totals but I recall that CS on Xbox is still the best selling one for consoles. 2 million I think?

Thorgal

OK ,after nearly 4 weeks , i can honestly say it :

Playing any game on a Intel 4000 for 4 weeks now waiting for a new card is an experience i wouldn't wish on my worst enemy .

Even at the lowest possible settings i can go , to the point where the game looks like blurry puke it still runs like total CRAAAAAAAAAAAPPP!!!

Sorry , needed to vent a bit :p
/ rant

But yeah , it really really sucks . :(

mrklaw

MrArseFace

A good time to have a sale to celebrate, for those that have to buy a second copy..

Khronico

Ok Dragonfall it is. Thanks for the recommendations, I didn't realize there was a big patch coming for PoE, will wait for that before jumping in.

Jawmuncher

OK ,after nearly 4 weeks , i can honestly say it :

Playing any game on a Intel 4000 for 4 weeks now waiting for a new card is an experience i wouldn't wish on my worst enemy .

Even at the lowest possible settings i can go , to the point where the game looks like blurry puke it still runs like total CRAAAAAAAAAAAPPP!!!

Sorry , needed to vent a bit :p
/ rant

But yeah , it really really sucks . :(

I had a year on a Intel 3000. I couldn't play shit. Thank goodness for indies and VNs during that time along with really old games.

"FRIGHT-end AMERI-can?"

"Dat man IZ a SPY!"

"Watz wrong, run out of bulletz?"

The enemy chatter in Wolfstein '09 is just grating after several hours. The same lines in the same cornball accents over and over and over. Also a major plot point
Caroline Becker getting kidnapped by the Nazi's
happens through two lines of incidental dialogue.

Surprised to see Hitman: Blood Money with an "Overwhelmingly Positive" score. Didn't know people held it in such high regard. Seems like a good purchase for under $2.

The Hitman games have always been kind of clunky, what made them worth playing was the series unique take on stealth, being a wolf in sheep's clothing, and open ended gameplay. Each level was a sandbox with rules you had to discover to properly navigate. You could be surgical and take out just your targets or carve a bloody swathe through a disco in a meat packing factory with a minigun.

The games got better with each entry from Codname 47 to Silent Assassin to Blood Money. They were all steps forward to improving and refining those concepts. Contracts was the series treading water (still fun though!). I loved Blood Money when it came out but it's dated now and the controls are going to seem super clunky. It's almost 10 years old now.

Copons

Lately I've been reading Inoue's Vagabond and it got me very interested in that period of Japan history, and it led me to wonder if there are any videogames that revolve around that, not necessarily around Miyamoto Musashi (I checked and, except some appearance here and there, there are none), but that at least convey the spirit and somehow the philosophy of that time.

Anyone knows anything about that?

dot

is Higurashi and Eden seriously in a bundle already

Oh dear, I'm playing through all the new chars' modes on normal and LDK simultaneously and I'm further than you? Curse my efficient combat skills.

I, too, would like to see your motivation.

I've only played it late at night before i sleep so that explains my playtime and i play like a ton of other games too at the same time. Also i'm pretty rusty with these action games.

I got an SSS combo on plant lady but of course the video is choppy right there. It was so cool too... :(

Lately I've been reading Inoue's Vagabond and it got me very interested in that period of Japan history, and it led me to wonder if there are any videogames that revolve around that, not necessarily around Miyamoto Musashi (I checked and, except some appearance here and there, there are none), but that at least convey the spirit and somehow the philosophy of that time.

On PC and Steam? Way of the Samurai 4 and, I think that's it.

Khronico

Way of the Samurai? 4 is a bit off the deep end with the silly stuff but 1-3 is pretty grounded in the time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom