• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Some extra stuff

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Blue Rose -- MB-AB1FA83DFE590E10 - Taken by ExoSoul
Project Root -- MB-678FC5EC7C7231B2 - Taken by Tizoc
Go! Go! Nippon My First Trip to Japan -- MB-4826E9CA07F92CDB - Taken by Kuroyume

Shadownet

Banned
He's been doing that for at least a week

It's super annoying
I'm just wondering cause I'm like "Damn, PC gaming is getting really popular"/s.

I'm almost expecting lashman to link us to a Steam page for Half-Life 3 and every Microsoft & Sony exclusives tomorrow.

I think lashman lowered the treshold on his bot.
So I didn't miss any major gaming news right? These are just normal-ass indie games that are coming out.
I'm sure some of them will be something special. Most will just be a +1.

Volcynika

I didn't really want to bring it up but he's the only reason I'm considering installing the super ignore NeoGAF thing.

Just tons of low-quality and low-effort pictures and links witout any comment on why it's supposed to be interesting or relevant

Not sure if it's a bot or not but it feels like one at this point.

"Here's a game pic!"

".....uh ok"

Just tons of low-quality and low-effort pictures and links witout any comment on why it's supposed to be interesting or relevant

I can't tell if he's trying to bring attention to something interesting or just laugh at something that, to him, looks silly.

Either way, it's gotten me to notice some stuff I might have overlooked and a lot of the stuff he posts ends up being good. At least to me.

Sendou

Yeah Her Story is legit alright. Came out of nowhere too! Can't remember a game using this kind of story telling method before. Highly recommended for the asking price.

I knew most people wouldn't have a problem with it, but I though I'd just post my opinion.
If people like it cool, go ahead.

I think really interesting stuff gets lost if you post everything
It's super annoying getting updated on new releases on Steam. I'd rather have more anime/waifu posts.

Yeah that's exactly what I was talking about. You got me

Shadownet

Banned
They should be paying lash, he's giving them free PR.
Promotion can help a game a lot.

Though sometimes his effort can be pretty underwhelming. But hey any PR, is still better than a Ubisoft PR.

I will say that I prefer when he makes one post with multiple games rather than multiple posts with a single game. Like, a summary of stuff at the end of a week or something.

Really? Having issues finding the 'New Releases' tab? :p

Actually yeah. It saves me a click or two having to go to Steam itself. I browse steamgaf while I'm working, so his posts kinda streamline things for me. And as others have mentioned, I'd take them over animu/waifu posts any day.

Chariot

It feels a bit weird to have a news bot, instead of somebody who actually talks with us, but generally it's alright to have one. Sometimes a new game manage to interest me and if it isn't interesting I just scroll over the post. It's not that intrusive.

But I can understand if Yian or any doesn't want to have a newsfeed with low treshold in a community thread.
It's super annoying getting updated on new releases on Steam. I'd rather have more anime/waifu posts.
Well, if you want it that much~

I didn't really want to bring it up but he's the only reason I'm considering installing the super ignore NeoGAF thing.

Not sure if it's a bot or not but it feels like one at this point.

See? wtf is this?
He does that because some users used to bully him because of his use of emoticons(which is something ridiculous. Almost driven out an user because of emoticons). So to prevent stress, he just posts the images and news related to it. Most of the time he's actually more on topic than most.

Knurek

Attention, all of you people getting Higurashi in that Indie Gala bundle!

There'a s fully working patch that imports the voice acting from the PS3 version. While it doesn't reach the greatness of the Umineko voices, it does enhance the gameplay. Also pads the gameplay just enough so that you should get all the card drops before finishing the game. It's well worth to check it out.
A witch told it in red, so it must be true.

titch

Hey I like lashman's new games posts.

Me 2 - sure there is a load of dross coming out at times but thats hard lashman's fault.

Here i am in the steam thread and oh wait there's a post thats actually about steam.

Whats next complaining about the turf's posts about geenlit games keys/bundles.

Jawmuncher

There'a s fully working patch that imports the voice acting from the PS3 version. While it doesn't reach the greatness of the Umineko voices, it does enhance the gameplay. Also pads the gameplay just enough so that you should get all the card drops before finishing the game. It's well worth to check it out.

Didn't infinite nine help with this? Where is she anyway? Would have thought she would help promote Higurashi in the bumdle.

Well, sorry for bringing it up.
Carry on

Everyone has their likes and dislikes. We can't all be the same. The diversity in the thread and it's posts is what makes steamgaf, steamgaf. Hopefully you don't see a disagreement as a reason to leave.

Ruruja

So the steam version doesn't have voice acting at all? That's a bit crap. Thanks for the info.

GaussTek

More Go! Go! Nippon! for you guys :D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-B7087044E66071FA - Taken by yoshizzle

r3n4ud

More stuffs

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Unium -- MB-0C09ECF79AEF0D75 - Taken by KenOD
TransPlan -- MB-0538518BFF88A1B3 - Taken by trailmix16
Ice Cream Surfer -- MB-C593BEA65F23B963 - Taken by salazar547

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Unium -- MB-C5776179D59C8D80 - Taken by Alien8
Aero's Quest -- MB-7BE879F58DD52858 - Taken by Belgarion
x

Shadownet

Banned
This is the horror visual novel right? I remember someone told me about a name that is familar to this. That I need to play it.
He does that because some users used to bully him because of his use of emoticons. So to prevent stress, he just posts the images and news related to it. Most of the time he's actually more on topic than most.
It's not even emoticons. It's literally one emoticon. Over and over and over again. I mean moderation is the key, if he doesn't use the winky face in 90% of his posts. Some people wouldn't have a problem with it.

It feels a bit weird to have a news bot, instead of somebody who actually talks with us, but generally it's alright to have one. Sometimes a new game manage to interest me and if it isn't interesting I just scroll over the post. It's not that intrusive.

But I can understand if Yian or any doesn't want to have a newsfeed with low treshold in a community thread.Well, if you want it that much~
I honestly don't mind posts like these. But as someone said earlier. It probably made more sense to actually wait and post them all at once, instead of one game per post.

Unless its breaking news or just a one-off news article or video. Then I dont see the point of multiple posts.

At the end of the day people has to go and just look for one post instead of ten just to find new games. I mean, personally I prefer real lashman, not botman. I appreciate what he is doing, just no one want to talk to a bot. Its just not fun.
no offense Modbot.

Lol, i guess i have some luck today.
I bought a couple of bundles and Randal's Monday at Bundlestars and look what my "mystery gift" was:
8DcqyM4.png

I thought you get only shit.

Knurek

This is the horror visual novel right? I remember someone told me about a name that is familar to this. That I need to play it.

There's Higurashi, which is horror, and there's Umineko, which is a mystery (as in detectives, parlor scenes, etc). Both are placed in the same metaverse.
Umineko is a Schroedinger's mystery novel

It's not even emoticons. It's literally one emoticon. Over and over and over again. I mean moderation is the key, if he doesn't use the winky face in 90% of his posts. Some people wouldn't have a problem with it.
It's still a ridiculous thing to be pissed/ having a problem. I really hate pointing fingers, but the Dex guy does the same, and i never saw him getting the same amount of vitriol Lashman got.

Shadownet

Banned
There's Higurashi, which is horror, and there's Umineko, which is a mystery (as in detectives, parlor scenes, etc). Both are placed in the same metaverse.
Umineko is a Schroedinger's mystery novel
Out of those two which one is the more gory, fucked up one? Cause that's probably the one I was talking about.
It's still a ridiculous thing to be pissed/ having a problem. I really hate pointing fingers, but the Dex guy does the same, and i never saw him getting the same amount of vitriol Lashman got.
It is something ridiculous to be a problem. But then again many problems in this world are super trivial that could be solved quite easily. But it just doesn't happen.

As far as I notice, dex doesn't even post nearly as much as lashman. That's probably why his goes unnoticed. I haven't seen Copons lately, but back then lashman would reference Copons almost every chance he got (nothing wrong with that, that cat was cute) and with a winky face.

Tbh, I can't even remember the last time dex even posted or with a an emoticon for that matter. He might have, I probably just missed it.
Higurashi, no doubt about it.
Thanks Caerith and Knurek. I'll be making my way to Indiegala then.

Ohhh there's an anime? Noted. Been looking for something new to watch. Been feeling the need to be scared shirtless or creeped out.

Kagemusha

Instructions:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Blue Rose -- MB-032D62979CC9C1F9 - Taken by fenners
Super Chain Crusher Horizon -- MB-D8F513407E25F6DC - Taken by Darth Kupi
X-note -- MB-81B7104A7327AA95 - Taken by lindarasta
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-B0291CA72E7E7427 - Taken by pantsattack[/QUOTE].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom