• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

That IF thread is something else entirely, there is hyperbole and there is IF hyperbole

There is actually one interesting question that I would like you to answer to: wouldn't you play a fun game, because it's IF's game (or low budget game in general, not indie, just low budget), or has bad reputation or is not in thematic you prefer or looks not to your liking?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Lol, i guess i have some luck today.
I bought a couple of bundles and Randal's Monday at Bundlestars and look what my "mystery gift" was:

I thought you get only shit.

Well after reading that I decided to buy a couple of bundles from there myself to test my luck. Surprisingly, I got the same thing although I already own the game.

Now to figure out what to do with my spare copy...

So apparently it's possible to play Wolfenstein 2009 and miss a critical mission that gives you a Thule medallion power, Empowerment, that you NEED to progress through later parts of the game. I didn't skip or miss any mission, it simply did not trigger after I completed a certain level and now I'm pretty much at the end of the game and cannot progress without Empowerment.

I don't even know if I can go back through to the earlier areas of Isenstaad to trigger the mission.

r3n4ud

Well after reading that I decided to buy a couple of bundles from there myself to test my luck. Surprisingly, I got the same thing although I already own the game.

Trade it for RAGE

And if you already have RAGE, trade it for another copy of RAGE.

Caerith

forget anime, VN is so much better!

edited: also nice to see you back!
I dunno, the anime looks better and has music from Kenji Kawai. Still gonna play the VN, but the presentation doesn't seem as nice.

And tea parties, neko-kitties...
child abuse, incest, greed, split personality and straight up murder
But at least Maria gets some candy out of the grown-ups.

Ohhh there's an anime? Noted. Been looking for something new to watch. Been feeling the need to be scared shirtless or creeped out.

Yeah, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni has two seasons that wrap up rather nicely. Umineko no Naku Koro ni has one season that leaves a lot open, but it doesn't look like they're going to make more.

Also, why did these get localized as Higurashi/Umineko When They Cry? Why not translate just one more word and call it When the Cicadas/Seagulls Cry? Rhetorical question, I know why, but it's still annoying.

inm8num2

Man, Wolfenstein '09 has so many memorable levels like Castle, Cannery, Farm, and, my personal favourite, Airfield West.

Never played Wolf '09 but was thinking about it last night and how I wished it would return to Steam (boxed copies are ~$75 on Amazon). I think Bethesda has the rights now? I'm not sure, but hopefully they can work something out.

That IF thread is something else entirely, there is hyperbole and there is IF hyperbole

There is actually one interesting question that I would like you to answer to: wouldn't you play a fun game, because it's IF's game (or low budget game in general, not indie, just low budget), or has bad reputation or is not in thematic you prefer or looks not to your liking?

Interactive Fiction or Idea Factory?

Chariot

I dunno, the anime looks better and has music from Kenji Kawai. Still gonna play the VN, but the presentation doesn't seem as nice.
I enjoyed the anime very much, it's really nice when you have enough patience to wait for the answer-arcs. I even liked the ... last arc. Umineko is were the anime is garbage.
Also, why did these get localized as Higurashi/Umineko When They Cry? Why not translate just one more word and call it When the Cicadas/Seagulls Cry? Rhetorical question, I know why, but it's still annoying.
Maybe because fans know these names better than the rest of the title? A friend of mine used to call it "Higurashi Something Something" because he couldn't be bothered to remember the rest.

titch

Damn i got sniper 2 as my free gift!!!!!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Knurek check your PMs. For everyone else:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

140 -- MB-6050C11438F472AD - Taken by Tizoc
Lilly Looking Through -- MB-C732A46722659DF8 - Taken by Cth
Vertical Drop Heroes HD -- MB-78C89E2E762056ED - Taken by MaxiLive
Drakensang The River of Time -- MB-A7F2D4A7DD163815 - Taken by Purkake4
Unium -- MB-9EC939B0B495A8F4 - Taken by Vlad
Boson X -- MB-8E80CD4ADAC921C6 - Taken by iosefe
Wimp Who Stole My Pants? -- MB-A3464B521EFA786A - Taken by titch
Riptide GP2 -- MB-FB72E72F954EDE4E - Taken by Shantom

jshackles

Also I guess it's time to figure this one out:

39D1n3o.png

jshackles

A final fantasy game you don't own.

The only one I'm missing from Steam (that's available for sale) is Heavensward, and I'm not sure if I'm ready to plunk down $40 for it since I'll likely never progress far enough in 14 to ever use it... And Type-0 HD isn't available yet but I'm thinking of holding off on that anyway to see how the PC port is.

Decisions, decisions.

Parsnip

Well, this is basically a second VN community thread so it'll fit right in.
You are not wrong.
I didn't really want to bring it up but he's the only reason I'm considering installing the super ignore NeoGAF thing.

Just tons of low-quality and low-effort pictures and links witout any comment on why it's supposed to be interesting or relevant

Not sure if it's a bot or not but it feels like one at this point.
Fullmoon is on the sky and he's not a man anymore.
Very curious about this one.
I hope it turns out great.

Knurek

Knurek check your PMs. For everyone else:

I knew that donation I made to Enhanced Steam ages ago would bring me good karma, I just knew it.
Was totally expecting Bad Rats, much obliged. Let's hope FFXIII-3 and FF0 are good ports, and that Squeenix goes back and fixes both FFXIII and FFXIII-2. And Steamify FFXII HD

Jazz573

Giving away some Steam keys from the Indie Gala for games I already owned:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jazz573, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

eden* -- MB-0E08C6DA89B1B743 - Taken by derExperte
Higurashi When They Cry Hou - Ch.1 Onikakushi -- MB-9D2D61F51CEF9FE0 - Taken by trailmix16
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-475636D61017CC3D - Taken by fuzzy123

Shadownet

Banned
Urgh, better put my pledge back in >_<

Lol. I remember the other day when you took it off too. Now you won't get a free copy of Wasteland.
-------------
Indiegala Monday Bundle will have a Happy Hour right? I should just wait for that.
-------------
Anyone need a copy of Fearless Fantasy? Forgot I already owned it.

Turfster

Stop it, you guys, you're making me blush.

Amazon is going to celebrate 20 years of service the week of July the 12th.
Probably going to be mostly physical sales, but you never know.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Tarmac Terrors – Now Available for DiRT Rally

• 12 new rally stages based at Baumholder in Germany
  • Owners Club Online Events – A second DiRT Daily where you compete in your own car
  • A second weekly event where we’ll be experimenting and throwing new challenges at you
  • 5 new rally cars featuring new Group B RWD & Kit Car Classes
  • Opel Kadett GT/E 16v
  • Opel Manta 400
  • Lancia 037 Evo 2
  • Seat Ibiza Kitcar
  • Peugeot 306 Maxi
  • New calibration and options screens in “Advanced Wheel Settings” (added in v.0.4.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom