• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

SXE6IC7.png

That's the perfect description for this card.

Wow.

Maniac

Banned
For what it's worth, twitch forced everyone to change their passwords and stream keys today, so I doubt anything is going on with yours specifically.

Still, setting up a password manager is never a bad idea.

Anyone got any experience with password managers? Any kind of in-depth feedback, general summaries or whatnot? :p

Cause I've never even thought of one of these thingiemajiggidies, but it might just be time for it, I suppose.

Remembering 10, 15, 20 different passwords is hard, even for a young mind like mine. Can't imagine how it is for oldies like all of you guys! :p

I mean... Wot if someone gets into my computer and nicks every single darn password? That'd... Not be much fun! ;o

(I've no idea if that's even something that could happen. ELI5, ya'll. I'm Danish and Dumb, and yes the capital D is appropriate.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Anyone got any experience with password managers? Any kind of in-depth feedback, general summaries or whatnot? :p

Cause I've never even thought of one of these thingiemajiggidies, but it might just be time for it, I suppose.

Remembering 10, 15, 20 different passwords is hard, even for a young mind like mine. Can't imagine how it is for oldies like all of you guys! :p

I mean... Wot if someone gets into my computer and nicks every single darn password? That'd... Not be much fun! ;o

(I've no idea if that's even something that could happen. ELI5, ya'll. I'm Danish and Dumb, and yes the capital D is appropriate.

Stump has actually posted some pretty thorough reviews of password managers and best practices before, if he were around I'm sure he'd have some good advice. Let me see if I can dig up some old threads.

Here's one to start.

Edit: Looking through the old threads, the general consensus seems to be: Just use any of the big three.

Personally, I use LastPass. Try that, feed your passwords to it, run the security check and it'll flag duplicate/weak passwords, then you can replace them with it's random password generator. And remember to activate any two-step authorization programs any website offers.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I've been using LastPass premium service for a while now and it's really easy to set up and use. As for having someone gain physical access to your computer: you can (and should) configure LastPass to prompt you for your "master" password each time it attempts to connect to your password store. Obviously, make sure your "master" password is as secure as possible, and make sure it's one that you've not used on another site already.

Setting it up this way means that your LastPass master password essentially becomes "your password" (the last one you'll ever need to remember, just like the last suit a Men in Black agent ever puts on) and every site can be logged into by typing in your super secure password. In reality, LastPass is storing your super-duper secure password in their password store that's different for each site.

It's a great service and I highly recommend using it, even if you just use the free product.

EDIT: Actually, for best results, you should change your master password every 90 days or so just to be sure. But since all of your other passwords on every other site are both unique and extremely secure you only need to change *those* when you're directed to like the recent Twitch hack.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Lastpass, 1Password, and KeePass are all easy to use and worth using. Just look at the interface and costs and platforms and see which works for you.

Edit: If you search my post history for 1Password or Lastpass you will find probably hundreds of posts on password security, password managers, and encryption.

derExperte

#teamKeePass signing in

I would need to memorize over 200 by now and if you can remember a password chances are very high that it's shit. Seriously, post one of yours or one that's like them in length and complexity. There are some techniques you can use to make it easier but in the long run a password manager is a must-have for all those tOtaX6AzZUy!6a\iX@:#KFVKrs or whatever the generator randomly spits out.

Parsnip

LastPass here as well.
My LastPass premium subscription will expire on Thursday, January 1, 2088.

:p

I should delete/deactivate some of the older accounts and passwords I have. Seems utterly pointless keep my old MSN account around when I haven't used in in like 5 years or something.

Forgot repost
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lovely Planet -- MB-0E73CC11C1A876CE - Taken by SalsaShark. 6 entrants total.

t1427173730z1.png

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
People complaining about not getting DMC4SE for free in the steam forum, what

Do people really think "Super Mega Ultra Turbo HD Remix Championship Edition" Capcom were going to give something even slightly substantial for free? Ah, official Steam Forums, how silly you all are~

Been at Life is Strange Ep. 2 for a while now. Feels a bit longer than the first episode, and some of the decision curveballs they through at you... damn. They're going in hard for whatever comes next.

zkylon

zkylewd
can't play life is strange

can't play bloodborne

eternity prolly won't run on this thing

embrace the kyaa kyaa

embrace the kyaa kyaa

embrace the kyaa kyaa

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
... and that's episode 2 done ... man, that game just keeps getting better and better!! can't wait for the third one

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just want to say before I disappear again into the
bloodborne / hots patch
void, the freedom planet hype was real

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

commando jack -- MB-C4E64AAC4AC7DC53 - Taken by RedFyn
banzai pecan : the last hope for the young century -- MB-EDB8591A9C1D82B8 - Taken by redlacs
train of afterlife -- MB-5A71B37A55302CC1 - Taken by GaussTek
vanguard princess -- MB-30D6191BCEF44B70 - Taken by sensoft04

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

BANZAI PECAN: The Last Hope For the Young Century -- MB-5D3C45F8C190BF42 - Taken by drakaenae
Sword of Asumi -- MB-6E433E178F53EABB - Taken by dot
Train of Afterlife -- MB-F19884780AB36CB7 - Taken by madjoki

dex3108

So Bloodborne hype was justified :D And it is nice to see that Life is Strange Ep2 is out and it is good, but i will wait until Ep4 is out to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom