• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

maybe i am late as always
https://twitter.com/DevilMayCry/status/580041592074944513

so , i think there is no upgrade option like Saint Row 4

lashman , did you mention this before ?

I feel that discounts are still likely. If there isn't a meaningful one, the choice becomes extremely simple and I just won't bother with it. The content additions and SE are not going anywhere, so I'd rather just wait for the price to drop and be cut to the point where I see it as reasonable

MUnited83

For you.
They didn't even last one episode before a delay was announced. So I'll wait for the full game to be released before purchasing it and enjoying it, because it really does look quite fun.

I'm just tired of waiting around for episodic games without rock solid release dates. Revelations 2 had a new episode every week, which was fine. Waiting some six weeks, no wait seven, no wait three months, no wait ten years.. that's not on.
Technically that isn't true. A delay wasn't really announced. The devs repeteadly said they were targeting to release on the end of March. Which they did.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of fenners, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fenners, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Freedom Planet -- MB-DE6B6218ABE4131C - Taken by ArynCrinn. 30 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-32688BE1BFA0CF41 - Taken by autoduelist. 1 entrants total.

t1427242909z1.png

While I agree that 6 weeks is a long time to wait between episodes, it's nowhere near Telltale's schedule which is completely erratic but can run up to 3-4 months between episodes.

i remember when way back in the day people only complained about how rushed they felt and maybe they should stop delivering on such a harsh monthly schedule and extend their time between them a bit

Uzzy

But their actual delay turned out to be 10 days. So that answers the article's "nobody knows for how long" mystery.

But I can totally understand waiting for all the episodes to be finished. I do that a lot with TV myself. It's the reason I haven't watched any Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead... they just keep making new episodes and nobody knows when it's actually going to end.

Sure, and ten days isn't that meaningful in the grand scheme of things, but in terms of my already wafer-thin trust that an episodic game series will actually keep to a schedule, it basically solidified Life is Strange as a 'buy when complete' game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is it possible to literally fart out a UI. I think that is what they do sometimes

The problem is that this page is just a copy/paste from the Brazilian Real page they used years ago, and they've been re-purposing it for each new currency that they support.

Which wasn't a problem until they recently added more stuff to the top bar and obviously didn't test it with the V5 CSS that these pages load.

But what about price mistakes?

I haven't heard of any. As Madjoki pointed out earlier, the jump from USD -> NZD doesn't have any decimal place modification so it's be pretty silly for a dev to screw things up too badly.

Corpekata

Banned
I think people are way overstating the Life is Strange choices and are setting themselves up for disappointment by the end. The majority of choices in Episode 1 had very Telltaleish responses in Episode 2, with a line of dialogue changing and awkward "This is what I think of what you did" exchanges.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
QuestEvent was released on early access earlier today. Stay away from this one.

• They're using the default RPG Maker tileset. Lazy.
  • The game doesn't look like it's been fully translated to English:

I'm honestly surprised this made it on Steam. Even for an Early Access game, it's a bit of a joke.

EDIT: holy hell, it's even worse! From the developer's blog:

When we pushed our first beta online we got a lot of disappointed comments on Steam Greenlight
A total of 73% of the votes on Steam Greenlight voted for a NO. However, this isn't stop us of making this game.

Seriously, how was this allowed on Steam?

ANOTHER EDIT: I guess the reason it was allowed is because it got greenlit when they promised everyone it would be free. Greenlight page.

MUnited83

For you.
I think people are way overstating the Life is Strange choices and are setting themselves up for disappointment by the end. The majority of choices in Episode 1 had very Telltaleish responses in Episode 2, with a line of dialogue changing and awkward "This is what I think of what you did" exchanges.
Yeah, i find weird how people saying its so much better than telltale just because of this episode when episode 3 could easily pull a telltale and episode 2 choices won't matter much. Too early to start making claims like this.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
tumblr_nlq992dTeS1s2kojso1_500.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Eron -- MB-A7E4D04379CF560C - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 5 entrants total.
Why So Evil 2: Dystopia -- MB-7434C6E1B30F662B - Taken by Lomax. 1 entrants total.
Train of Afterlife -- MB-B7D5488BE6101C77 - Taken by anastef. 2 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-E1762B89F4C4DC94
Square Heroes -- MB-94D6BF044E3CD6FA - Taken by Diedac. 1 entrants total.
Eufloria HD -- MB-E636E128C1F34EAA - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
Solar Flux -- MB-0CC5DC4FA61EDB87 - Taken by Chreznor. 3 entrants total.
Bloody Streets -- MB-D321FFAFB888C4E7 - Taken by r3n4ud. 2 entrants total.
12 Labours of Hercules -- MB-BA03E40218522A46 - Taken by derExperte. 3 entrants total.

t1427242433z1.png

Jawmuncher

Amazing. Will be buying that so I won't have to deal with the official version disappearing like the 360 ones are.
Get another cable, my X1 pad never disconnects. Or you're jumping around too much.
I use a long cord so I think it just rub because of how I have my set up. It doesn't happen too often so it's not a huge deal.
I bought this BT adapter and it's been amazing with the DS4: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Q45EF4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I only recommend it with Windows 8, I can't promise it'll work well with anything else.
I'm on windows 7 but im sure with some messing around I could get it to work.

-----

Fucking tuesday maintenance, i want to see the stats for Episode 2.

Wow the climax of Life is Strange episode 2....

3JZNuad.jpg
I told you it was good.
DAT LIFE IS STRANGE EP. 2!
DEM CHOICES!
I Failed to save her but holy hell, this game's choices may actually have a much better impact on story flow than Telltale games
Life is Strange continues strong and shits on Telltale's fake "consequences" from a great height.

Telltale should be ashamed, they got beaten in their own game.

Nabs

I'm on windows 7 but im sure with some messing around I could get it to work.

Good luck!

Oh yeah, if you do pick up a new cable, go with Monoprice. It's cheap, and they'll always send you a new cable when your old one breaks.

---

Freedom Planet is pretty good. I just wish there was a way to cut levels in half or something. I'm not a fan of 20 minute long levels with multiple bosses.

Jawmuncher

Just finished Life is Strange Episode 2.
Oh man SteamGAF sure wasn't lying about that. Was amazing, everything I wanted to see the game do. Now it looks like were getting to the good stuff. Can't wait to see what will be happening next. When a story has me pausing to think about what might be happening in the future, it's doing something right. I got say though I don't like Chloe, but not in the regular way. Growing up I knew more than a few people like her and as for what has been shown so far it bugs me to see that sort of thing again. Hard to explain but that's just a personal thing. On the other hand
I really like katie and am really glad I was able to fix her. Really hoping that helps turns the tide in the battle.
Right now there's only one thing really bugging me but since I have to see where it plays out I can't really say it's bad
The whole weather disaster stuff
. I'll see where that goes, but I would have been completely fine if this game was nothing but this High School life with the rewind mechanic just being part of the gameplay and not the story. But I have to see where this all leads with the rest of the episodes since I can see myself doing some 180s. I sure am excited to see what is next.

Good luck!

Oh yeah, if you do pick up a new cable, go with Monoprice. It's cheap, and they'll always send you a new cable when your old one breaks.

---

Freedom Planet is pretty good. I just wish there was a way to cut levels in half or something. I'm not a fan of 20 minute long levels with multiple bosses.

Actually the controller I have now is from Monoprice after you brought it up! It's not the cable but rather just the way I have things set up so i'll mess with my setup a bit.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think it tells you on your friends page (X of Y).
I'd check, but... you know.
oh i see i see. 380 is my max. got a bit of time before i reach that

also, why wouldn't you check?

That's not the problem. The problem is that all the other games I picked up recently will be placed on the back burner!
i adopted that policy a while back and it sort of works for the whole backburner thing. i end up with less games that i would if i just bought everything i saw on sale but i end up playing way more, i think

and like i'll pay full price for like christine love's next game or whatever, and pass on something that's .50c even if it looks interesting, but it works for me at least

In other news, the Pillars of Eternity manual is up on Steam. It's really happening. Time to plan my first character.
i have the busiest day tomorrow, and i bet eternity won't run so good with my current video card, i can't get my new video card soon enough

i'm buying a new one next week, and tbh i don't really miss having a good video card all that much, but if i can't play eternity i'm gonna freak

too bad about the spiders in this game tho, i dunno how i'm gonna get through that

Jawmuncher

I'm so happy so many regulars in this thread are riding so hard for the series. If they keeping building from Ep2's conclusion, it's easily GOTY material for me.

I'm a believer now. Ep1 I was liking but not quite there yet. With Ep2 indeed, if they can keep the train going I can see it being my GOTY as well.

I'm so happy so many regulars in this thread are riding so hard for the series. If they keeping building from Ep2's conclusion, it's easily GOTY material for me.

I'm a believer now. Ep1 I was liking but not quite there yet. With Ep2 indeed, if they can keep the train going I can see it being my GOTY as well.
Indeed, the game made you care about a character a lot in one episode's time, that's really some achievement.
What is it?

eiskaltnz

So the New Zealand Pricing has come into effect and I am pleasantly surprised.

It seems like they have removed the over pricing (GTA 5 was $75 USD and is now $75 NZD which is under $60 USD) and we have a slight exchange rate advantage (saving a couple of dollars if directly converted).

I, and I think anyone from New Zealand will be really happy with these changes!

Salsa

How did you manage that? Must have taken some serious force to bend it that much o_O

adapter is pretty heavy and the HDMI port is straight, so it kinda hung there, guessing gravity just did it's thing eventually

when I get a new one tomorrow i'll make sure to find a way around that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom