• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

milena87

Actually doing crazy things in city builders is quite entertaining, not all allow that, but some do and I would consider it a positive thing. Earthquakes, tornadoes and such are less fun, tho.

I personally loved the alien robot-thingy in SimCity 2000, but I usually unleashed destruction when I was done with a city. I didn't normally play with disasters active.

But yeah, I love to mess around and create crazy things and make life miserable for my citizens.
However, I'll try to be nice and actually build a proper city this time :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bought a Xonar DGX because why not. I haven't had a dedicated sound card since, uh, the ESS 1868.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Borealis -- MB-2BFEF117FED950AA - Taken by Loptous
Talisman: Digital Edition -- MB-982322A7A576117F - Taken by NingenJanai

derExperte

If anyone cares Rockstar apparently have released the Heist DLC for GTAV (PS3 but I most probably PS4 too). Which means after getting through a bunch of updates yesterday I now gotta download another 1.3GB which takes ages on the PS3. Talk about bad timing. But despite the horrendous aliasing, pop-ins as far as the eye can see, rubbery framerate and PTSD caused by the horribleness of the DualShock3 I think I'm going to slog through the main story and not bother with the PC version until much later.

is there a modern equivalent to SimEarth?

Nope. Not even close and I doubt there ever will be.

If anyone cares Rockstar apparently have released the Heist DLC for GTAV (PS3 but I most probably PS4 too). Which means after getting through a bunch of updates yesterday I now gotta download another 1.3GB which takes ages on the PS3. Talk about bad timing. But despite the horrendous aliasing, pop-ins as far as the eye can see, rubbery framerate and PTSD caused by the horribleness of the DualShock3 I thing I'm going to slog through the main story and not bother with the PC until much later.

More power too ya. I couldn't hack it on the ps3 and gave up.

Ban Puncher

Bought a Xonar DGX because why not. I haven't had a dedicated sound card since, uh, the ESS 1868.

Sometimes when I have had a few drinks and am on eBay, I try to convince myself that a Roland MT-32 would be a good investment.

Then I start to think about building a 486 for old PC games and blackout.

I might be in-market for a soundcard too. My cases headphone plug has crapped itself it seems (The case is three months old goddammit :() and the onboard audio has this noticeable humming noise when in game.

Milamber

I might be in-market for a soundcard too. My cases headphone plug has crapped itself it seems (The case is three months old goddammit :() and the onboard audio has this noticeable humming noise when in game.

Is you audio cables braided with your power cables or something? Or they are stripped somewhere in the case. Try the back, just get a 1m 3.5mm audio jack extender or something.

derExperte

The Soundblaster Z is very good after years of Creative not giving a fuck. Stay away from the predecessor (Recon3D).

I have to buy a 13" MBPr for my sister-in-law this week and now there is a model update. That shit better be in stores before the weekend, I ain't paying for old-and-busted.

Also, the best thing about Apple? I tell family and friends to buy it just so when something eventually goes wrong and they come looking for me and free tech support, I can be all like "YO I DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT MACS!".

Then I do a 360 and moonwalk away.

Depending on where you live I have some bad news for you: http://www.neowin.net/news/apple-jacks-up-prices-on-idevices-in-numerous-countries

JaseC

Yeah, my case was a Christmas present and the other day I noticed that the front headphone jack was delivering left-side audio at a lower volume to the right side. Fortunately the motherboard's own speaker jack still works fine... for now.

That narrows things down.

The Soundblaster Z is very good after years of Creative not giving a fuck. Stay away from the predecessor (Recon3D).

Yeah, I saw the Z listed in the I Need a New PC thread and looked at some reviews, but ultimately decided it wasn't worth a further ~$80 (i.e. almost 2.5x the cost of the DGX). Maybe I'll change my mind when my DGX inevitably fails. ;)

Hey Jase i just realised that AC Unity is first AC game without big ships in it XD

Pre-order retroactively cancelled.

Is you audio cables braided with your power cables or something? Or they are stripped somewhere in the case. Try the back, just get a 1m 3.5mm audio jack extender or something.

For the first two, I don't think so. I hear the humming when I am moving my mouse on the desktop or when I am in-game (any game). I have always had issues like these with onboard audio. The board is Z-97.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
What do I do if a gift is sent through Steam to a person on a friend list, but does not show up in the friend's Steam Client ; gift shows up as an email, but only gives the message "This gift has already been redeemed." when the link is clicked?

It seems odd to me it looks and behaves normally in one's gift inventory, but can't seemingly be given away at all.

Accoun

Yeah, I was thinking about using my old Pentium 1 ThinkPad for older games and trackers, but can't find it anywhere. Hopefully my mother didn't give it away ages ago for some charity or whatever. Or worse, just threw it away.

Alternatively there's a 486 IBM at home I might try to resurrect.

Ozium

What do I do if a gift is sent through Steam to a person on a friend list, but does not show up in the friend's Steam Client ; gift shows up as an email, but only gives the message "This gift has already been redeemed." when the link is clicked?

It seems odd to me it looks and behaves normally in one's gift inventory, but can't seemingly be given away at all.

have them restart the steam client

Your friend probably activated the gift already. Check his/her library if the game is present. If not, contact Volvo support

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Sauce 2 screenshots from Volvo's GDC demo ... if anyone's interested :p

y3toGLf.jpg

AQDpDSN.jpg

derExperte

Sometimes when I have had a few drinks and am on eBay, I try to convince myself that a Roland MT-32 would be a good investment.

In the 90s I had a Roland SoundCanvas SCD-15 daughterboard which you could plug in/on a Soundblaster card and get sweet MIDI music. Doom was never the same.

More power too ya. I couldn't hack it on the ps3 and gave up.

I'm punishing myself in the process and they already got my money two years ago but when I sell it and put that money into the PC version they'll get a nice sum again. Not sure I want that. Would've done it a few months ago (or not, didn't get in on the China deal for whatever reason) but all those delays, their general attitude towards PC and the questionable DRM situation (always on?) slowly killed my desire to support them on day 1. Also I really hate replaying story heavy games and already got about 1/3rd into the main game.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Restarting Steam does nothing nor trying it on a different computer. It was never activated either because it remains in the original inventory. Thanks for the replies though.

I'll ask Valve Support, but I'm not going to hold my breath on getting any help from it.

Arthea

Sauce 2 screenshots from Volvo's GDC demo ... if anyone's interested :p

they should have added more than 3 colours

Restarting Steam does nothing nor trying it on a different computer. It was never activated either because it remains in the original inventory. Thanks for the replies though.

I'll ask Valve Support, but I'm not going to hold my breath on getting any help from it.

If you still have it in your inventory, you can send it again, just send it again.
I've never encountered glitch like this, tho

Arthea

It's trying to tell me something

That was my point, what's with constant teasing?!

I see about 50 shades of beige. Though that sounds more like senior citizen Twilight fan fiction :p

I'm very particular about colour count in tech demos, very particular, shades of same colour just don't cut it, even if in thousands. :)
you do sounded like that senior citizen, I must admit

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Just bought Cities Skylines for 4€ thanks to card/Gaben money :)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Borealis -- MB-82140350C1A929D2 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition -- MB-536FE668DF8524C6 - Taken by anastef. 22 entrants total.
Talisman: Digital Edition -- MB-B4C766D8B209FE17 - Taken by Sarcasm. 6 entrants total.

t1426000822z1.png

*The image for SF4 is wrong, it's the full game, not the DLC

JaseC

Does the game show up on the account history page? I have a used copy of Jagged Alliance 2 Gold stuck in my inventory because it didn't disappear after I activated it.

wilflare

I'm trying to sell my sound card as I was convinced I didn't need one.. and JaseC buys one - thereby issuing the royal decree that a dedicated soundcard is imperative for any self-respecting SteamGAffer

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Barter Empire -- MB-9AB212823564DDCB - Taken by bobnowhere
HassleHeart -- MB-123B3456168B1161 - Taken by darkchewie

Dr Dogg

I'm trying to sell my sound card as I was convinced I didn't need one.. and JaseC buys one - thereby issuing the royal decree that a dedicated soundcard is imperative for any self-respecting SteamGAffer

Well a Xonar DGX (replacement for the old but relable DG) is cheap as chips and as long as you set it up correctly Dolby Headphone give's games without a binaural mix but 5.1/7.1 sound a welcome boost.

derExperte

However good onboard sound has become, and that varies strongly from board to board/vendor to vendor, a dedicated card is often preferable. Though I'd say the one JaseC bought isn't that much better (sorry).

If anyone cares Rockstar apparently have released the Heist DLC for GTAV (PS3 but I most probably PS4 too). Which means after getting through a bunch of updates yesterday I now gotta download another 1.3GB which takes ages on the PS3. Talk about bad timing. But despite the horrendous aliasing, pop-ins as far as the eye can see, rubbery framerate and PTSD caused by the horribleness of the DualShock3 I think I'm going to slog through the main story and not bother with the PC version until much later.

Really looking forward to the online heists. I thought that was one of the real missed opportunities on release, the heists were really fun. Can't be bothered with the PS3 version again, so I'll wait for the next delay until it's finally released on Steam.

no Hotline Miami 2 keys.

ViviOggi

^ Yup and I'm getting a bit worried. This has happened before but I think they managed to get them in time then, fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom