• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

here, I improved it a little, took 5 minutes at best

ivd4hQ4YRAVDb.jpg

how hard can it be?

derExperte

What the shit? 250 € more? For what?

The value of the € going down. It's still not below 1:1, we got ripped off already by higher prices before any hikes and the stronger the $, the cheaper Apple can produce so it's more a 'let's see how high we can go before those fools stop buying' situation.

Base 5 of OlliOlli is just a complete and total fuck you to anyone who has half lazily playing the game up to that point. Took me over an hour to finish that stage, meaning that it took up 1/3 of the campaign for me. christ.

made the last 5 stages real easy once you've mastered it, though.

yuraya

*takes a look at the Ori and the Blind Forest review thread.
89 metacritic

post-26056-Antonio-Banderas-reaction-gif-RNWc.gif

Gonna have to day one this mofo. Can't wait.

People who have tried the Aperture demo had nothing but good to say about it, and that also includes the visuals. Leadbetter from DF compared it to Pixar stuff (lol). It looks different in VR. It's a different experience in VR.

That's even worse... why would you present VR with something so unattractive and drab?

Have you seen what's been shown for VR so far, especially on the PC?

That Valve demo looks like toy story 3 compared to the rest of the VR stuff. the only thing that looks better are some of Sony's Morpheus demos

Arthea

Have you seen what's been shown for VR so far, especially on the PC?

That Valve demo looks like toy story 3 compared to the rest of the VR stuff. the only thing that looks better are some of Sony's Morpheus demos

I have not interest in VR, so no, but why do we ever need it if it sucks so much? just asking;)

The value of the € going down. It's still not below 1:1, we got ripped off already by higher prices before any hikes and the stronger the $, the cheaper Apple can produce so it's more a 'let's see how high we can go before those fools stop buying' situation.
I was kinda interested in OSX because of some exclusive programs but no way am I gonna buy and Apple PC with this consumer unfriendly attitude. Really can't comprehend all the hype and sales Apple is getting to be honest. I used an Ipod Touch 4G and Ipad 1 & 4. Compared to the Galaxy S3 & Note3 their functionalities seem pitiful.
Oh well, whatever floats people's boats I guess.
-
Another DS2 round-up by yours truly.
XQgYye8.jpg

Looking Glass fight was a perfect ending for a perfect area. Loved it so muc, I put my sign down and helped others at least 7 times. Still plan to do again later. It is so fun.
xCvCO9q.jpg

Not gonna lie. Sometimes I get a nice grin while reading messages.
XqRhmE4.jpg

This guy. Urgh. He hits hard and the area has flame pools which really takes a toll on my concentration -_-
But the worst is I forgot to summon Lucatiel, so I will need to Ascetic the area and take on him again.
3PSSvbt.jpg

Woot! I met the
Scholar
I guess? Was a pretty surprising meeting ;)
And now, just like it happened in Dark Souls 1, a very rare occurrence. I got, not one, not two but three (!) consecutive Titanite Slab drops. And the best, I didn't even use any Item Discovery gear!
Proof!
It's crazy! I have 6 (six) titanite slabs in my inventory. Without even trying to get one. But only one Chunk, so I can't even upgrade my weapons to make use of the slabs, haha.

When a powerful enemy is chasing me (Dark Souls), I get really scared. I run like hell!

But then I get that desire to kill him since he may have something valuable, so I try to sneak up on him for a backstab or jump on him from a high place.

Decisions like this really make the game.

Derp

Bought a Xonar DGX because why not. I haven't had a dedicated sound card since, uh, the ESS 1868.
I love my Soundblaster ZXR. I went from "why would i buy a soundcard" to splurging on a ZXR mainly because i wanted to use my HD800s with my PC and felt they deserved something decent. Zero regrets. And the "audio control module" with the built-in mic that comes with it is the best thing ever.

It even has a daughter board! I have no idea what the hell that means or what it does, but dammit if you tell me your product has a motherboard and "daughterboard" you can just shut up and take my money.

I have not interest in VR, so no, but why do we ever need it if it sucks so much? just asking;)

well, most of what's out for VR now is just people messing around with the tech. Essentially, VR will be like a console launch and we're still very much in the developer's R&D phase.

As we get closer to the actual launch of these devices, bigger teams with more of a budget will have had a decent amount of time with the tech to really get stuff going so we'll be seeing more actual games for the device and less of what we see now, which is a combination of tech demos and current games being retrofitted for vr.

I'd say wait till E3, where Sony is almost assuredly going to show what they've been working on for VR to the public and it's not hard to imagine that they've put some serious work into their VR productions.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone else having issues with Steam gifts sent via e-mail not reaching their destination? Ubi added everyone's favourite AssCreed game to Rogue's pre-order subs, so I have a couple of copies to give away... once I get the redemption URLs.

When a powerful enemy is chasing me (Dark Souls), I get really scared. I run like hell!

But then I get that desire to kill him since he may have something valuable, so I try to sneak up on him for a backstab or jump on him from a high place.

Decisions like this really make the game.
You should parctice parrying on weak enemies until you can do it confidently.
I am serious. Parrying and Riposte give the most amount of damage possible by your weapon. It is crazy and even the biggest hunks go down easily.
Just check out this short video guide. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNlQ1W9Wrlg

Best thing, when parrying successfully, you will get no damage whatsoever. Doing it right is super OP.

Alavard

Just got my Cities: Skylines key from GMG, Hotline Miami 2 also launches today, but I also just started a trial of Final Fantasy XIV on Sunday which I am loving... It's going to be tough deciding what to play for a little while.

I am serious. Parrying and Riposte give the most amount of damage possible by your weapon. It is crazy and even the biggest hunks go down easily.
Just check out this short video guide. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNlQ1W9Wrlg

Thanks. Yeah, I've parried and riposted a lot. Tons of damage! I love doing parries, not just because it does tons of damage but also because it's so fun to time.

But when I face off against an intimidating enemy, I get scared of doing it initially.

I love the experimental nature of the game.

Best thing, when parrying successfully, you will get no damage whatsoever. Doing it right is super OP.

Thanks, I didn't realise this.

wilflare

Well a Xonar DGX (replacement for the old but relable DG) is cheap as chips and as long as you set it up correctly Dolby Headphone give's games without a binaural mix but 5.1/7.1 sound a welcome boost.

However good onboard sound has become, and that varies strongly from board to board/vendor to vendor, a dedicated card is often preferable. Though I'd say the one JaseC bought isn't that much better (sorry).

I love my Soundblaster ZXR. I went from "why would i buy a soundcard" to splurging on a ZXR mainly because i wanted to use my HD800s with my PC and felt they deserved something decent. Zero regrets. And the "audio control module" with the built-in mic that comes with it is the best thing ever.

It even has a daughter board! I have no idea what the hell that means or what it does, but dammit if you tell me your product has a motherboard and "daughterboard" you can just shut up and take my money.

I have a Soundblaster Zx... that I decided to put up a WTS (on my local forums) just last week - you guys are making me rethink that decision again.

I do have a dedicated USB DAC for music though so that's why. thought I wouldn't really need the DSP functions on the Soundblaster :/

I haven't tried out the ACM - heard it messes with the Sound Quality

r3n4ud

Thanks for the guide. Will come in handy when I attempt to play the game. Tired if dying so.fucking.much :/

derExperte

Hey guys, sick of the Cities Skylines hype? Sim City is on sale for 8,99€ on Amazon.de, even comes as an Origin key! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Miguel81

I have a Soundblaster Zx... that I decided to put up a WTS (on my local forums) just last week - you guys are making me rethink that decision again.

I do have a dedicated USB DAC for music though so that's why. thought I wouldn't really need the DSP functions on the Soundblaster :/

I haven't tried out the ACM - heard it messes with the Sound Quality

If you play older games like Thief, System Shock 2, etc. you lose positional audio without a soundcard that supports EAX/Alchemy. I'm thinking of picking one up for Thief 2 The Metal Age. My onboard and GPU only allow stereo in that game.

Ruruja

Anyone else having issues with Steam gifts sent via e-mail not reaching their destination? Ubi added everyone's favourite AssCreed game to Rogue's pre-order subs, so I have a couple of copies to give away... once I get the redemption URLs.

KenOD was a page back.

Sch1sm

I was kinda interested in OSX because of some exclusive programs but no way am I gonna buy and Apple PC with this consumer unfriendly attitude. Really can't comprehend all the hype and sales Apple is getting to be honest. I used an Ipod Touch 4G and Ipad 1 & 4. Compared to the Galaxy S3 & Note3 their functionalities seem pitiful.
Oh well, whatever floats people's boats I guess.

Even those exclusive OSX programs aren't worth it, really. For one, they tend to cost a good penny on top of what you already paid for it. There's probably Windows equivalents. Unless you're a music person, in which case Logic Pro X (lol $229 CAD) beats out Cubase in ways I can't even begin to explain. Or you're in need for a more open OS, but in that case why not Linux? Cheaper anyway. Yosemite (OSX) hasn't shown much benefit unless you have other Apple products for the sake of Continuity and Handoff, and the other Apple products have to be at iOS 8. Maximum I have is at iOS 6, can't upgrade further. I may sell mine. Mid 2014 13" rMBP, anyone? Screen real estate isn't doing anything for me, anyway.

Save your money. They're all for promoting the whole ecosystem. Never one without the other kind of deal.

Not to mention how much more difficult they make it near every year to upgrade any internals. Like on my model, you apparently can't up the RAM except for at time of purchase, and the screws they use on bkth the 15 and 13 inch models for the SSD are just a nuisance (because you actually aren't supppsed to be able to upgrade, but you could with patience). They want your money over and over.

Thanks for the guide. Will come in handy when I attempt to play the game. Tired if dying so.fucking.much :/

If you're having trouble with the timing, stack stamina and stamina regen and opt for rolling instead. Dodge constantly and strike only when it's completely safe habitually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom