• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsyndrome

jHvBOTN.png
Awesome, I'll vote this time.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else having issues with Steam gifts sent via e-mail not reaching their destination? Ubi added everyone's favourite AssCreed game to Rogue's pre-order subs, so I have a couple of copies to give away... once I get the redemption URLs.

Yes. It is very irritating.

Lomax

jHvBOTN.png

Welcome to the 2nd SteamGAF (late) GOTY Awards! Every year, gaffers choose games they thought were GOTY contenders on Steam, and the game with the highest point score is crowned SteamGAF's GOTY. Check out 2013's nail-biting results.

This is the great SteamGAF GOTY recount! The original results were scheduled to be revealed on January 17th, but have been delayed because MRORANGE was kidnapped is a very busy guy. I will try to keep with the spirit of MRORANGE's original GOTY call for votes, results, etc. In the event that MRORANGE shows back up and suddenly gives us the real results before the voting closes, then this recount will not be tallied. Voting will be open for 7 days, and results will be available shortly afterwards.

Rules and deadline:
- Up to 5 games can be chosen
- 1st choice gets 5 points, 2nd choice gets 4 points and so on ... 5th game will get 1 point.
- You can write a short paragraph on why you the the 1st choice is a GOTY contender.
- Game must be on Steam and released in 2014
- Episodic games that overlap multiple years can be counted as long as the first episode was released in 2014
- Re-releases in 2014 are allowed in the Steam GOTY, for example FFXIII
- APS used if it's a tie, like last time >_>
- Your vote will be discarded if you fail to follow the rules
t1426604400z4.png

Not really a rule, but a request
- If you submitted GOTY results to MRORANGE, please send me the same PM. Please do not change your choices before sending in your votes.

How to vote:
Copy this and send me a PM:

Code:
Game 5 (1 point) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE
Game 4 (2 points) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE
Game 3 (3 points) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE
Game 2 (4 points) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE
Game 1  (5 points) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE

Why I want this game as GOTY  (Optional) : WRITE COMMENTS HERE

You mean we shouldn't all change our votes to Hexcells? Because I'm pretty sure we'd all change our votes to Hexcells. For that matter, let's just call the competition now and declare the SteamGaf GotY to be Hexcells.

derExperte

Anyone else having issues with Steam gifts sent via e-mail not reaching their destination? Ubi added everyone's favourite AssCreed game to Rogue's pre-order subs, so I have a couple of copies to give away... once I get the redemption URLs.

A couple?

Man, i really REALLY want to just swap out one game for another on my vote. How tight is are the rules on that?

Also, of course PC GOTY will come several months after the console results. makes sense.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Man, i really REALLY want to just swap out one game for another on my vote. How tight is are the rules on that?

Also, of course PC GOTY will come several months after the console results. makes sense.

Obviously without access to your original votes, I have no way of knowing who changed what. I'd like these GOTY results to be as close to accurate as they would have been originally, but I can't stop you from changing your vote. So it's more of a request than a rule, really.

Arthea

Obviously without access to your original votes, I have no way of knowing who changed what. I'd like these GOTY results to be as close to accurate as they would have been originally, but I can't stop you from changing your vote. So it's more of a request than a rule, really.

I submitted my old votes without changing already.
Thanks for doing this, btw

ok well then i'll try my best to adhere to my vote but i cannot make any promises.

sorry j im totally making that one change.

dex3108

So my notebook battery died and i decided to see can i replace cells by myself so i opened battery and then i saw what was the issue.

Bad news is i can't fix it so i will need to buy new one or by replacement battery or pay somebody to replace those cells. But services around me will only replace all 6 cells :(

Knights of Pen & Paper is so basic but I haven't played an RPG of any kind in a while so it's got its hooks in me. I should hate grinding but it kind of relaxes me.

Turfster

I was kinda interested in OSX because of some exclusive programs but no way am I gonna buy and Apple PC with this consumer unfriendly attitude.
OSX is the most user unfriendly, bizarre piece of garbage ever. And then there's the fact that unlike on windows or any other *nix derivative, you get gouged for even the simple stuff like something to open archives without automatically unpacking everything.

Payday 2 is 80% off in various places

Amazon has a GTA 80% off backlog sale (III and up)

Groupees has a 2$ preorder up for the KISS 5 bundle

Jawmuncher

http://i.imgur.com/WPzirln.jpg[IMG]

Vergil's addition is always necessary considering they're going through and making new cutscenes I'm hoping the [B][U]story addition is substantial[/U][/B].[/QUOTE]

The amount of story there is what will determine if this is a day 1 or not.
I can wait if it's nothing more than a character addition with a small story addition like with DmCs vergil.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
The amount of story there is what will determine if this is a day 1 or not.
I can wait if it's nothing more than a character addition with a small story addition like with DmCs vergil.

Well I'm getting it anyways since this guys gameplay mechanics itself are a pretty big addition.
tumblr_m8mmsbGiRE1qda2s4o2_250.gif

Dr Dogg

Too... Many... Games...

Thankfully I'm not doing that silly 'Only buy 5 games this year' thing anymore. My frivolousness knows no bounds.

It's been four games. Do we ever find out if the Devil cries or not? Or are they still keeping us in suspense?

Well Dante kind of wimpers in the first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8qG4AlK1qk

It'll be six of us when I get home. I almost vpn'd it last night but then I would have stayed up all night.

Hotline Miami gets praise for its soundtrack, but it doesn't have collectable shanties.

Someone PM'd me last night to ask they best way to unlock it early and just after I replied it was unlocked offically worldwide.

The new shanties are ace. Jolly Roving Tar is like my Ride of the Valkyries as I charge in with all canons blazing. Arhh Harrr!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom