• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Well I'm getting it anyways since this guys gameplay mechanics itself are a pretty big addition.
tumblr_m8mmsbGiRE1qda2s4o2_250.gif

Not not that good at action games despite playing basically all of them.
I go through on normal, enjoy my time, and call it a day. Though I never did beat DMC3s vergil side.

Knurek

You mean we shouldn't all change our votes to Hexcells? Because I'm pretty sure we'd all change our votes to Hexcells. For that matter, let's just call the competition now and declare the SteamGaf GotY to be Hexcells.

You mean there are people who didn't put Hexcells Plus on their GOTY list?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Reposting in case you missed it earlier. We are re-doing the GOTY voting. I'll try to keep these reposts to a minimum, probably once every 12 hours following this one.

jHvBOTN.png

Welcome to the 2nd SteamGAF (late) GOTY Awards! Every year, gaffers choose games they thought were GOTY contenders on Steam, and the game with the highest point score is crowned SteamGAF's GOTY. Check out 2013's nail-biting results.

This is the great SteamGAF GOTY recount! The original results were scheduled to be revealed on January 17th, but have been delayed because MRORANGE was kidnapped is a very busy guy. I will try to keep with the spirit of MRORANGE's original GOTY call for votes, results, etc. In the event that MRORANGE shows back up and suddenly gives us the real results before the voting closes, then this recount will not be tallied. Voting will be open for 7 days, and results will be available shortly afterwards.

Rules and deadline:
- Up to 5 games can be chosen
- 1st choice gets 5 points, 2nd choice gets 4 points and so on ... 5th game will get 1 point.
- You cannot vote for the same game more than once.
- You can write a short paragraph on why you the the 1st choice is a GOTY contender.
- Game must be on Steam and released in 2014
- Episodic games that overlap multiple years can be counted as long as the first episode was released in 2014
- Re-releases in 2014 are allowed in the Steam GOTY, for example FFXIII
- APS used if it's a tie, like last time >_>
- Your vote will be discarded if you fail to follow the rules
t1426604400z4.png

Not really a rule, but a request
- If you submitted GOTY results to MRORANGE, please send me the same PM. Please do not change your choices before sending in your votes.

How to vote:
Copy this and send me a PM:

Code:
Game 5 (1 point) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE
Game 4 (2 points) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE
Game 3 (3 points) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE
Game 2 (4 points) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE
Game 1  (5 points) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE

Why I want this game as GOTY  (Optional) : WRITE COMMENTS HERE

Who has voted so far
Atraveller, Uzzy, NingenJanai, MMBosstones86, yuraya, milean87, Copons, Nete, JustLynx, Parsnip, Mr. Poolman, Kurt Russell, Amzin, Sch1sm, fantomena, ScreamingTrees, Kagemusha, Arthea, jshackles, Freedom = $1.05, Servizio, wetflame, Khronico, Knurek, Phinor, Lomax, Dsyndrome

(If your name is on this list, it means your vote has been tallied)

Deitus

Going by that Digital Foundry thread, it's not that the textures in the DmC Definitive Edition are worse, it's that the PS4 version seems to be lacking any AF at all.

The textures themselves are mostly unchanged I think, since the focus of this remaster was on performance and gameplay changes. But lacking AF is going to make the game look pretty bad.

derExperte

Going by that Digital Foundry thread, it's not that the textures in the DmC Definitive Edition are worse, it's that the PS4 version seems to be lacking any AF at all.

The textures themselves are mostly unchanged I think, since the focus of this remaster was on performance and gameplay changes. But lacking AF is going to make the game look pretty bad.

So business as usual in PS4land.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
it's really funny ....

Hotline Miami 2 download = 2.9GB
Cities: Skylines download = 1.5GB

:p

fantomena

Shelter 2
Ori
Cities
AssCreed: Rogue
Bloodborne
Pillars of Eternity
Axiom Verge
Resident Evil: Revelations 2

And maybe Battlefield hardline

What a month.

Dsyndrome

I'll get Hotline Miami 2 to support the developers, still haven't beaten the first though. Keep getting killed in one of the stages where the cops burst in after you've ganked everyone, have to figure out if I want in on my laptop or Vita.

Still up in the air on getting Cities, bought SC 4 on a sale a year ago and haven't touched it.

derExperte

A new AMD giveaway:

First Set of AMD Radeon™ Never Settle Space Edition Keys Going Live!

Keys will soon be added to the AMD Radeon™ Never Settle Space Edition Group Giveaway.

Keys will be available at approximately 5:30 PM UTC on Tuesday, March 10th.

Once the keys have been added, you'll be able to join the queue to claim a key. The system will assign keys based on the order members entered the queue until all keys are assigned. Please note that if we run out of keys, you may not be assigned a key even if you are in the queue.

Keys will be claimed very quickly, so expect all keys to be claimed within 5 minutes of the keys becoming available if not sooner.

Please remember that this batch of keys is only available to EU residents.

http://eu.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/amd-never-settle-space-edition-group-giveaway

Dr Dogg

Meanwhile Humble still haven't got their HM2 keys. This is what I get for being charitable :(

Still trying to decide what to do today: RE: Revelations 2 Episode 3, The Evil Within: The Assignment, or Majora's Mask 3D.

Well I'd imagine Rev 2 Ep3 will be the same 2 hours in length (plus after Ep2's cliffhanger I really want to get stick back in). MM3D is glorious as well.

Zafir

How have they still not added a way to redeem codes from your phone. I wanted to start cities downloading so I could play it when I get home. :(

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
How have they still not added a way to redeem codes from your phone. I wanted to start cities downloading so I could play it when I get home. :(

the answer is always the same: because it would require some actual work on their part ... and volvo isn't really into that lately ;)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Considering how ancient the iOS / Android Steam apps are, and the fact that we still don't have web redemption of keys, it's likely not going to happen any time soon.

Zafir

the answer is always the same: because it would require some actual work on their part ... and volvo isn't really into that lately ;)
Too true. :(
Considering how ancient the iOS / Android Steam apps are, and the fact that we still don't have web redemption of keys, it's likely not going to happen any time soon.
Well even Web redemption would be nice. Could do that from a phone too.

New Dying Light patch, today keeps getting better and better.

Features:

* Hard Mode added
* National outfits added
* 4 outfits as a reward for finishing the story campaign added
* Over 50 new weapons added
* New weapon rarity level – extremely rare Gold weapons added

Gameplay:

* Various balance tweaks of weapons, loot chests, shops and crafting
* Various improvements to game quests
* Improvements in natural movement flow

Technical:

* Resolved various stability issues including co-op
* Improved overall game performance

Visuals:

* Various improvements in world and character art

Be the Zombie:

* New option to enable zombie invasions with co-op disabled added

Linux specific improvements:

* Added AMD Radeon support (Please note - the NPC dialogue lip-sync will be enabled in a future patch)
* Improved performance significantly
* Fixed glitch when changing resolution
* Improved mouse scroll speed in map menu
* Disabled SSAO and AA options (TBD)
* Fixed minor rendering issues
* Fixed screenshots capturing
* Fixed crashed related to audio driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom