• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

XSEED games have sold over a million* copies on steam!
lcMvQ0a.png

* Number includes Ys I and II as separate entries, but they're sold as a pack-in.

Corpse Party lack of noise everywhere seems to correlate with the poor sales that show on steamspy, too :/

Sch1sm

It's price protection since they've been essentially creating the same product for the last decade. Activision tries to push people towards their newest product by giving relatively absurd prices to their old games.

I picked Call of Duty 1 and Modern Warfare up when they hit $5 for the first time a couple years ago, it was a big deal at the time but those prices are still broken for games that old. Modern Warfare does not hold up at all by the way.

Best maps, though. Best. Maps.

Jawmuncher

lcMvQ0a.png

* Number includes Ys I and II as separate entries, but they're sold as a pack-in.

Corpse Party lack of noise everywhere seems to correlate with the poor sales that show on steamspy, too :/

Well they announced it really earlier, then went radio silent on it. Then released it basically out of no where.

Vamphuntr

lcMvQ0a.png

Corpse Party is not the same as the Vita/3DS version. It has some really ugly art and simpler graphics so it's not surprising.

Catshade

Never thought Bethesda would do the EA way, considering most of their recent games are very Steamworks-integrated. Maybe they want to do paid mods with their own terms?

Eila

Corpse Party is not the same as the Vita/3DS version. It has some really ugly art and simpler graphics so it's not surprising.

Graphics are the same but voices and art are quite... different.
Hopefully somebody works on a mod for it and the game sells more once it goes on sale.

Jawmuncher

Graphics are the same but voices and art are quite... different.
Hopefully somebody works on a mod for it and the game sells more once it goes on sale.

Why they didn't just save it for Halloween with a slight discount is beyond me.

lcMvQ0a.png

I didn't even know it was released.

Eila

Why they didn't just save it for Halloween with a slight discount is beyond me.

They still have Shinovi Versus, Little King's Story and Xanadu Next for this year. Well, supposedly. I imagine they wanted to stagger their releases a few months.

Soulflarz

Banned
Can we talk about how bad blood drive is

Like the part where the nameless little girl wrote her name on someones eye (the cover for the game)
Later in the game, they come up with a name for her
Then way later, they look closely at the eye and realize it's her name, then they have an "oh god shes after you clearly" moment. That's what the writing on the eye meant.
However, the idiotic writers completely missed the fact that theres no logical reason someone can write their name BEFORE THEY HAVE A NAME

It's like me writing Soulflarz on a wall then people I don't know randomly name me Soulflarz and then you find evidence from before I knew you of the name Soulflarz.

It makes no sense and it a wonderful representation of how bad the writing is. It's more contrived than Sword Art Online.

That's still weak.

Weaaaaak. Even the spoiler is weak.
Cancelled that pre-order.

oh thank god someone who didn't fall for Blizzard's Dreamworks TF2, why are guys in body armor and gatling guns fighting borderlands enemies with exposed torsos or girls in high heels and skirts or a fucking tryhard cowboy with a belt buckle that says BAFM

I hate its tryhard art style

zkylon

zkylewd
oh actually it was only 60 hours to finish dks3

the extra 10 are on other characters

that's a bit more reasonable lol

I'm going to be in the UK during the Steam sale, normally reside in Canada.

Will I be able to still buy games if I'm connected to WiFi in the UK or will Steam think I'm using a VPN?

Edit: WiFi on my phone, that is.

Eila

Ah, so they're just the publishers and didn't get to dictate what was what.

Hmm they acually put a ton of work in this release, but the reason I imagine they didn't include the option of PSP/3DS artwork and voices is because the developer of the PSP/3DS version is different from the PC version. With their past releases they did include some PSP/PS3 exclusive content like HD artwork, when possible.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Hello new thread.

Here is a simple giveaway for something that is in my inventory, but I don't recall how I ever got it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for KenOD:
Stop asking me if I know Robocop

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Uncrowded -- MB-6F6D3320CFA3C4E9 - Taken by Sarcasm

Sarcasm

Will I be able to still buy games if I'm connected to WiFi in the UK or will Steam think I'm using a VPN?

If yea using funds from your home country you will be fine.

Jadax

Don't think it matters - you'll still have the Canadian steam store I believe.

Backlogger

So is it confirmed somewhere that Bethesda.net is going to become a launcher? I mean, it wouldn't be a surprise or anything I just hadn't seen anything yet definitively.

guy with 5yr of service and 2 vac bans and 0 mutual friends added me

help
I can see it now:

i need
ur
gameS?

plss
prtty plsss

Alas spoiler tags don't work on Steam.

This just reminded me, did SteamGAF know that Valve removed the /emote command some years ago? One of my Steam buddies was heartbroken.

Intel

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1213493.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sam & Max: Devil's Playhouse -- MB-B37019239CA7C80D - Taken by Ampersands. 1 entrants total.
Puzzle Agent -- MB-DDEED05B35916255 - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.

t1462088201z1.png

Uraizen

Banned
Hmm they acually put a ton of work in this release, but the reason I imagine they didn't include the option of PSP/3DS artwork and voices is because the developer of the PSP/3DS version is different from the PC version. With their past releases they did include some PSP/PS3 exclusive content like HD artwork, when possible.

There we go, now I see why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom