• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vibranium

Banned
Sega bout to buy hitman, deus ex, tomb raider and sleeping dogs

If Sega rescued IO/Hitman and Sleeping Dogs I would be so happy.

Also, I would love Obsidian and Sega to collab again, it doesn't need to be Alpha Protocol 2 but a 3D third or first person RPG would be awesome.

Pixieking

Banned
Is this for real?

Seems unlikely - no thread on first page of Gaf gaming-side, nothing in the news, nothing on the previous page of the Steam thread.

Unless it's just been revealed on Twitter or Facebook...

Persona 5 confirmed for the PC, get hype. Waifu wars are coming to SteamGAF.

Source please.

Edit:

Ohhhh, I seeeeeee... Taking that pic of P5 in the Sega news to be confirmation of a Steam release is, hmmm... Makes it more likely, but isn't actually confirmation.

zkylon

zkylewd
Episode 7 airs this week. You might as well just wait another six-and-a-bit weeks and binge the whole thing.
that's too long to wait

i know people really dig the whole netflix get all episodes at once thing, but i personally enjoy the anticipation and sweet reward of waiting a whole week for another awesome episode of my favorite show :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
that's too long to wait

i know people really dig the whole netflix get all episodes at once thing, but i personally enjoy the anticipation and sweet reward of waiting a whole week for another awesome episode of my favorite show :p

It's your favourite show but you didn't realise it's been airing for almost two months now? For shame!

zkylon

zkylewd
It's your favourite show but you didn't realise it's been airing for almost two months now? For shame!
just an expression, i don't have a favorite show :>

also it's not run here so i have to catch it thru less reputable means, it's hard to know when it's started...

Uzzy

Is this for real?

There's a picture of the cover on a powerpoint slide with the word 'PC' on the same slide. That's totally confirmed in my book, Steam should have the preorders up already. Gaben get on with it.

it's not gonna be alpha protocol 2 but man what if it was alpha protocol 2...

I just got terribly excited when I saw this on Twitter.

The only games obsidian made for Sega are alpha protocol and the cancelled alien rpg.

IT'S HAPPENING OMG

Of course it could also mean they take over a classic Sega ip that was originally for/from someone else, but that wouldn't be any less exciting

Alpha Protocol 2 would be great. Archer Protocol would also be amazing.

zkylon

zkylewd
worst case scenario, obsidian fooled another big publisher into giving them money

well done guys, let's hope it's a winner

look saoirse, if u like due dillengence and planning for things, that's your thing, don't tell me how to live my life!

Alpha Protocol 2 would be great. Archer Protocol would also be amazing.
i know people like archer (i don't) and that's cool and all but i don't want jokey obsidian games

Jadax

I'm like a Liverpool fan when it comes to FM games. This year will my year (to start a new 300 hour game)

The majority of my time spent in that game is waiting for clan members scouting or setting their tactics. I don't think I've played a single-player game for a while. I get bored since once you play vs other people it's annoying to be vs the easy AI.

That being said, I didn't get FM17 - couldn't find a decent trader for it (csgo keys for game).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
this is a good hardcore vs casual image

4AXKgta.jpg

Hektor

Shin Megamai Tensei by obsidian. Imagine what demon negotiation could be like with obsidians big, well written dialogue trees

MaxiLive

Is 1070 the sweetspot for PC gaming or is it still 1060?

The 1070 is very impressive and there is the odd deal to be had these days that make it worth the upgrade.

I was trying a few game on my new 21:9 3400x1440 monitor over the week and I was impressed with help well it kept up and also how well Gsync moved out the kinks.

As for games I played a bit of Dying Light which is very pretty but I'm dinging the combat to be a bit spammy and I don't really understand why I would ever want to fight the zombies but I think it is because I' still such a low level, the story and polish of the game has been pretty good so far.

I then played some Fallout 4 in the first time in months and I was very impressed with the performance and it felt good being back in the wasteland but the only quests I had available were settlement ones... ZzZzz

Finally I went back to Mass Effect: Andromeda and urggggggg that games makes me so sad. I'm about 30 hours in and there still has only been 1-2 memorable moments and the game just feels like a grind fest that is playing itself, the combat is so janky due to the enemy animations, spawns and AI, it feels killing trash in an MMO but in an action environment. Then the lack of polish is just too hard to not notice, every 5 minutes something glitches or is incredibly rough. So much of the VO I'm dying to hear between the squad mates is cut off and I had a few times where the dialogue didn't even play during a cut scene so there would be a long 5 second pause where ryder should be saying something... Such an awkward game in so many ways.

Tenrius

Shin Megamai Tensei by obsidian. Imagine what demon negotiation could be like with obsidians big, well written dialogue trees

Ehhh, no. I think demon negotiation in SMT is pretty much perfect as is. Obsidian's writing is often excessive at this point (case in point: Pillars of Eternity especially, sometimes Tyranny).

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I own a 1080 and Im stuck at 1080p60FPS until my monitor crashes and burns. :p

well, I can play 95% of games with more than 60fps on really high settings at 1080p with the 1060... so why pay almost double ;)

but, yeah, I will probably buy a new card sooner than you, so its even

Arthea

According to steamspy, Trails in the Sky the 3rd reached 10K owners today.
we need moar, much moar

for ao and zero

Why do you guys do this to yourselves? I mean, I know what the NeoGAF slogan is, but you're only setting yourselves up for disappointment.

why would you even want persona, steamgaf, when you refuse to play superior Trails, persona games are just as long but not as good.
just pointing out obvious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom