• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Cosmic Schwung, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broken Age -- MB-E65AE4F6C492B6B4 - Taken by Neverforget. 2 entrants total.
Day of the Tentacle Remastered -- MB-B2F0FC3B8C0D0FF0 - Taken by Chance Hale. 9 entrants total.
ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West -- MB-EAAF4F560433FC12 - Taken by oni-link. 6 entrants total.
Else Heart.Break() -- MB-452D2D03F081294F - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 6 entrants total.
Epistory -- MB-A32176C760F10287 - Taken by longlivegaming. 20 entrants total.
Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-B72C0316215DDB4E - Taken by Dangerblade. 7 entrants total.
Mushroom 11 -- MB-F1876460CDA0A878 - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.
No Time To Explain -- MB-7B367E638281AD3A
Octodad Dadliest Catch -- MB-4F474D623102B44C - Taken by sadblob. 4 entrants total.
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut -- MB-F61AC75FCDE0AD31 - Taken by Ventilaator. 1 entrants total.
Rocket Birds: Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-DCC2A872857E91EE
Space Run Galaxy -- MB-2C52C535C477CA98 - Taken by Jadax. 11 entrants total.
Spirits -- MB-9405B75F0DCB9B14
The Banner Saga -- MB-89155E9F6B0F890B - Taken by rainking187. 14 entrants total.
The Bleed Pixels -- MB-4701D28F3AC69E68 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 5 entrants total.
The Stanley Parable -- MB-9804DF4F88B9F6AA - Taken by pantsattack. 4 entrants total.
Tower of Guns -- MB-1C1E8939182FFF14 - Taken by Ventilaator. 1 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-722391C74D362A79
Waking Mars -- MB-7A696D9CAD1CB755 - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 1 entrants total.
World of Goo -- MB-98056C531D686483 - Taken by Kssio_Aug. 2 entrants total.

t1494889288z1.png

Knurek

why would you even want persona, steamgaf, when you refuse to play superior Trails, persona games are just as long but not as good.
just pointing out obvious

To even compare a C-tier RPG to the greatness that is Trails should be a banable offense.

Why Persona when we have Mind Zero?

And why haven't more companies tried Persona-likes? Especially Western ones; you'd think they'd be all over the social interaction thing with more diverse characters. Pretty sad that the closest anyone has come is Cherry Tree High Comedy Club (which has no fighting, just social links.)

Ladekabel

o/
I'm very curious how summer sale will affect the Trails numbers, as in 'will 3rd release boost FC and SC sales noticeably'?

If SC will be cheaper than 18€, sure.

I know that it's worth if not more but I'm having a hard time paying that price and I really liked FC.

Hektor

To even compare a C-tier RPG to the greatness that is Trails should be a banable offense.

why would you even want persona, steamgaf, when you refuse to play superior Trails, persona games are just as long but not as good.
just pointing out obvious

>PC Mustard Maze salty about missing out on exclusive

Sony stays winning, slaaaaayyyy

Ehhh, no. I think demon negotiation in SMT is pretty much perfect as is. Obsidian's writing is often excessive at this point (case in point: Pillars of Eternity especially, sometimes Tyranny).

Unless the system changed a lot in SMTIV which I haven't played, I always felt demon negotiation often cones down to luck and having enough resources. Or asneering rather random questions like in persona.

It never really felt like you're actually negotiating anything, so i'd definitely appreciate someone elaborating on that concept, because I think the idea is more interesting than the execution. Tho of course obsidian doing an SMT is never really happening.

And why haven't more companies tried Persona-likes? Especially Western ones; you'd think they'd be all over the social interaction thing with more diverse characters. Pretty sad that the closest anyone has come is Cherry Tree High Comedy Club (which has no fighting, just social links.)

We have bioware games tho, those are closer to the clichéd japanese dating sim RPGs than actual japanese dating sim RPGs

Arthea

I'm expecting another -33% or maybe -40%. Maaaaaaaaybe -50%.

If SC will be cheaper than 18€, sure.

I know that it's worth if not more but I'm having a hard time paying that price and I really liked FC.

it's -35% on gog and humble store right now:
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky-sc

it could go to -40% during upcoming summer sale, but it could not too, and -35% is already a good deal. 18€ for 100 hour long great game?

Does Idlemaster still work without any consequence? Got a bunch of cards I need to get and sell. I recall reading somewhere that Vavle were going to start banning people who use it.

fantomena

well, I can play 95% of games with more than 60fps on really high settings at 1080p with the 1060... so why pay almost double ;)

but, yeah, I will probably buy a new card sooner than you, so its even

Yeah I don't think I need to upgrade my GPU until like in 3-4 years or so.
Neither the ram I have (32 GB).
Not sure either how long my 5820 4 GHz OC'd will last me.

So I don't see myself upgrading until at least in 4 years unless something happens.

Tizoc

If Shenmue HD is happening this year, I'll never ever doubt SEGA Europe. (SEGA Japan on the other hand... :""") )

What if they announce it in 2017 and release it in 2018.

No. Waifu wars have been part of steamgaf for years.

They keep making sonic games so it only makes sense that they would want to make more alpha protocol too.

They've also made Yakuza and Hatsune Miku games.

I haven't seen you for a while. What are you playing these days? or no time for games?

Mostly Persona 5. Kristy is the best waifu.

Also Soma. People should play Soma, it is pretty good. You just need to forget that you played the middle third, because it is way too long, crap and largely forgettable. This of course makes it easier to forget, raising the quality of the rest of the game.

Ascheroth

XSEED are not particularly generous with discounts. SC has not gone under the ~$20 price for a long time now.
Tbh I understand it with SC. The game is limited by the size of its target audience more than its price, I'd say. Most people who actually finish FC are willing to pay this price as the data has shown. So it makes sense to only slowly go down in price.

What they should do and should have done a long time ago already, is a 'complete-your-collection' bundle for FC+SC, and now +3rd as well. That would definitely make more people who haven't actually finished FC or SC buy the others, which is Trails biggest issue.

Edit: I also see it fairly regularly for 33-35% off at either Steam/GoG/Humble. But it's kind of amusing when I think about how I've bought it for nearly that price already a year ago.

Arthea

Mostly Persona 5. Kristy is the best waifu.

Also Soma. People should play Soma, it is pretty good. You just need to forget that you played the middle third, because it is way too long, crap and largely forgettable. This of course makes it easier to forget, raising the quality of the rest of the game.

yeah, I will get to Soma some day, I just have to live that long

XSEED are not particularly generous with discounts. SC has not gone under the ~$20 price for a long time now.

it is, right now, on humble
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky-sc

and gog

Tizoc

I'm starting to see why Shadow of Mordor 'fell out of grace'.
It starts out OK but then you find that in order to unlock MORE combat abilities, you need to slay Orc Captains etc.
The higher tiers require you killing the ones with more Power points in them to unlock them, and those tend to involve battling 20+ Orcs at the same time. There's barely any crowd control and factoring in that some Orc captains are immune to ranged it makes your options rather limited.

The main missions are so-so, nothing too demanding but they don't generally feature the whole battling a large group of enemies just to take down their general/leader.

If anything the concept is fine, it's just the way they went about it/executed it.

Anteater

It starts out OK but then you find that in order to unlock MORE combat abilities, you need to slay Orc Captains etc.
The higher tiers require you killing the ones with more Power points in them to unlock them, and those tend to involve battling 20+ Orcs at the same time. There's barely any crowd control and factoring in that some Orc captains are immune to ranged it makes your options rather limited.

The main missions are so-so, nothing too demanding but they don't generally feature the whole battling a large group of enemies just to take down their general/leader.

If anything the concept is fine, it's just the way they went about it/executed it.

Moredoor was interesting for a few hours, then after slaying everyone and then having to do more of the same thing it got kind of repetitive, I still finished the game but got tired of it when I tried playing the DLC, now I feel so burned out of the game that I couldn't even get myself to watch gameplay videos for the second game without feeling bored lol.

That's actually when the game was best, for me. When I had to plan out an attack or risk getting ganged and likely killed. Finding high ground to scout an entrenched high profile target. Do all of that to chase an upgrade. That was cool.

When I became too strong and could string together combos, or flat out dive a target and bail, the monotony started to set in, from which the game never really recovers.

A more interesting story could've broke it up some.

Well, before 3rd's release I was saying that hopefully the game would manage 10k during launch window, I'm glad it got there, expecting more wasn't realisitc. I wonder how much it did on gog.

As for sega, I'm convinced we'll get Yakuza eventually. That reminds me that Kiwami is almost here and I still haven't even picked up 0, as much as it pains me since I really like to support the franchise.

As for SMT, who knows. The PS2 games work fine on PCSX2 at least so there's alwaus that for people wanting to try them. As for DS/3DS games, they look pretty rough, I wonder if they would even consider ports of those.
Fortunately these games are all standalone so if they decide to throw P5 on steam you can start there without worries.

Yakuza would thereotically require a chronological release which would be easy with 0 and Kiwami getting released on PS4 right now. 2 would still hold up reasonably well and 4 and 5 would look pretty great with the benefits of better hardware. Just the boost in resolution, some AA and 60fps would do absolute wonders.

Hrm, it just hit me that my most vivid memories of Mordor are the scripted campaign/story missions and absolutely none of the gameplay or open world stuff. They really need to overhaul everything around the Nemesis System if they want it to succeed, in my mind at least.

I kinda figure that in a post-BotW, post-Witcher 3 world, if open world games aren't batting 1,000 (I'm pretty sure that's a phrase!) they're going to disappoint.
Wow.

I'd swear it feels like the first one just came out. That's quite a quick turnaround.

It's technically a stand-alone expansion that will integrate with the first game, if you own it. They've been kinda vague about the specifics of that process, though.

OmarYusaf

Hrm, it just hit me that my most vivid memories of Mordor are the scripted campaign/story missions and absolutely none of the gameplay or open world stuff. They really need to overhaul everything around the Nemesis System if they want it to succeed, in my mind at least.

I kinda figure that in a post-BotW, post-Witcher 3 world, if open world games aren't batting 1,000 (I'm pretty sure that's a phrase!) they're going to disappoint.

It's technically a stand-alone expansion that will integrate with the first game, if you own it. They've been kinda vague about the specifics of that process, though.

That makes more sense. Putting a 2 at the end is confusing though.

Arminsc

Didn't know about this.
Seems logical as it's definitely too soon for a new entire game, and wouldn't make much sense to separate races between two different games, but I don't understand why this instead of just DLC content for the first game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Counterpoint: Even Ubisoft's car open world had tower equivalents.

Unlockable eagle perches to extend its range. Believe!
Didn't know about this.
Seems logical as it's definitely too soon for a new entire game, and wouldn't make much sense to separate races between two different games, but I don't understand why this instead of just DLC content for the first game.

Creative Assembly has done stand-alone expansions before. The numbering is, I imagine, to avoid confusion.

Although it's also a good excuse to charge for a full game vs. an expansion pack And, knowing the pricing on Total Warhammer, I'm believing this until they explicitly say otherwise.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Counterpoint: Even Ubisoft's car open world had tower equivalents.

Yeah, but that's going back roughly two-and-a-half years now. AssCreed Syndicate was the last Ubi game to have towers, although you could make the argument that some of Far Cry Primal's bonfires come close.

Knurek

The pirates won:

Kaldaien said:
Special K GitHub repository has been deleted by GitHub now, not simply suspended.

I'm going back to sleep. I'll figure out something to do when I'm in a a better mood.

We are so fucked the next time a broken Japanese port gets released on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom