• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM News Thread - Read rules before posting

Part 1 of Cook, Serve, Delicious! Battle Kitchen update is out.

header.jpg

NEW FEATURES

• Battle Kitchen Mode added! This new expansion is unlocked at the onset and is separate from the Campaign Mode. Some of the new modes include...
  • Weekly Challenges (1 player)- Leaderboard time based challenges with a new challenge each week!
  • Strike Challenges (1-4 players)- Take on twelve brand new challenges on your own or Tag Team with 3 others locally! For the first time Specialty Foods are mixed into these challenges, and the gameplay has been tuned to provide the most difficult waves of food yet. Select between Standard Difficulty or Extreme Difficulty for an ever greater challenge!
  • Endurance Mode (1-4 players)- How far can you make it as endless waves of food pour into the kitchen? Not only that, but calls from Chef Risotto has you upgrading and switching out foods on the fly, providing a unique experience that's unlike anything else in the game.
  • 25 Indie Guest Stars- 25 characters from Indie Classics to up and coming great games have stepped into the Battle Kitchen! Unlock them by completing Strike Challenges, participating in a Weekly Challenge or going as far as you can in Endurance mode.
  • Campaign Co-op- play with a friend simultaneously in the main Campaign! One person cooks, and the other expedites the orders. Works with your current save and is a fun way to play the game with others!
  • All new Statistics Menu- Three pages of detailed data that uses your current save, from how many pounds of meat you've served to a breakdown of each food you've made.
  • Enchiladas have been completely retooled to be more user friendly and faster to prepare (no more wait times needed for frying tortillas).
  • You can now select specific recipes to practice on in Practice mode.
NEW ADDITIONS/IMPROVEMENTS (ENGINE)

• Improved controller handling when plugging/unplugging a controller during a game. You can also navigate options and gamepad menus using the controller, and no longer need a mouse for first time gamepad setups.
  • A new "Load Game" option allows you to exit your current game to load a new save without having to quit and restart.
  • Utilized Game Maker's new audio engine and replaced all music with ogg files, so that there are now "clean" loops of music tracks.
  • Utilizes Game Maker's new engine improvements that addresses a rare bug that causes memory leaks for some video cards, leading to choppy performance over a short time. Also improves performance across all machines.
  • Implemented new render modes. Originally an option for "High Rendering" allowed the game to render at 1080p once restarted. Now there are three options: Standard Render (displays the game at 720p), High Render (displays the game at 1080p, is the new default option), 2K and 4K renders (upscales the game for resolutions above 1080p). These can be changed on the fly and no longer require a restart. These options significantly improve graphical quality for both windowed mode and for monitors above 1920x1080.
  • Engine improvements should fix an issue for some users that lead to crashing when going to fullscreen.
  • You can now resize the game window in Windowed mode.
  • Improved audio cues for certain actions. Thanks to the Nerd3 Blindfold video that inspired me to make this slight adjustment!
NEW ADDITIONS/IMPROVEMENTS (GRAPHICAL)

• UI overhaul on many menus to better illustrate options and features, including buttons and what can be manipulated.
  • HD assets added for food menu icons, email menu and other elements to improve graphical quality at fullscreen. Many food icons have been completely redone to better illustrate the foods as well.
  • Changed the visual look of the nachos, pizza, and burger bun tops for prep work.
  • Improved the six Food Pins design for achievements and in-game display. Also improved clicknstart/Love Chef achievement icons.

Rest at link. Discussion thread.

iosefe

Red Faction: Guerilla Beta Patch notes
UPDATE: 17th November 2014

Changelog:
- Enabled Wrecking Crew DLC maps. (RUINS, REPURCUSSION, IMPERIAL, EXPANSION, FROST, ABANDONED)
- Added DLC achievements.
- Steam offline mode enabled
- Fixed corrupted options and player profile.
- Leaderboards are now updating correctly.
- Fixed "Find me" in leaderboard options
- Fixed some game crashes. (Thanks for the dumps!)
i haven't really tried wrecking crew much. how are these maps?

Jawmuncher

From the thread in case it gets missed there.

IFMY_steam_ad_600-280.png

Announcement: If My Heart Had Wings coming soon to Steam, and a huge giveaway campaign!

Here we bring you the news that you guys have been waiting for! Fans of steam, we're happy to let you know that If My Heart Had Wings will soon be released on Steam! As a celebration, we will be having a huge giveaway campaign on Facebook!
With 20 If My Heart Had Wings Steam keys waiting to be won, all you have to do is:

1. SUPPORT our Thunderclap campaign here: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/19332-official-steam-release?locale=en
2. SHARE and like this Facebook post!
Easy isn't it? Why wait? Support and share right now to help spread the word!

*Campaign runs till 24th November 2014 12:00 (PST)

KainXVIII

FFXIII-2 news update
FF XIII-2 PC WINDOWS release – 11th Dec 2014 - DLC included!
Hey guys,

Following up on the recent announcement regarding downloadable content from the original console version being included in the upcoming PC /Steam release, we are pleased to share that the following content will be included:

Opponent: Omega
Opponent: Lightning & Amodar
Opponent: Nabaat
Opponent: Ultros & Typhon
Opponent: PuPu
Opponent: Gilgamesh
Serah's Outfit: Summoner's Garb
Serah's Outfit: Beachwear
Serah's Outfit: White Mage
Noel's Outfit: Battle Attire
Noel's Outfit: Spacetime Guardian
Noel's Outfit: Black Mage
Mog's Outfits: A Wondrous Wardrobe
Sazh: Heads or Tails?
Lightning: Requiem of the Goddess
Snow: Perpetual Battlefield

* The further DLC that was released with the original console versions will not be released with the Windows PC version (either with the original Windows PC version release, or later on as separate update content), due to licensing and contractual restrictions.

Thanks,
SQUARE ENIX Team

So not Mass Effect DLC costumes? Bummer.

Zeknurn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IDVgB9ZEY0

Today, Tripwire Interactive and Anti-Matter Games are pleased to announce the release of the Armored Assault 2 Free Content Pack for the combined RO2/Rising Storm games. The new pack has yet more free content for both Rising Storm and Red Orchestra 2 - one all-new map, plus older maps updated for the recently-released light tanks. To make sure that everyone gets a chance to try the new content out, Rising Storm is available to play FOR FREE until Monday 24th November.

The Armored Assault 2 Free Content Pack is available NOW on Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/234510/) as well as many other digital outlets. Rising Storm is also on sale at a 75% off discount during the Free Week!

Rising Storm free week to celebrate the new update.

Lain

FFXIII-2 news update

So not Mass Effect DLC costumes? Bummer.

So none of the weapons, none of the accessories and 2 costumes each for Serah and Noel is what's missing?
I'm sorry about the AssCreed costume for Noel, it looked pretty cool while I didn't care for the ME costumes (I think I only bought it for Serah, if I even bought it), but since I already have them all on PS3, should I feel the need to wear it I can always boot that version up. Overall not bad.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Pro Wrestling X is up on Early Access:

If the developer can make good on their promise:

Our gameplay is a love letter to the AKI classics of the Nintendo 64 era, WCW/nWo Revenge and WWF No Mercy, and we're taking full advantage of current game engine technology.

Then I am so, so down.

And for the price of one month of the WWE network, no less?

Nzyme32

Then I am so, so down.

Yeah that is looking promising. Obviously the proof is in the finished product, but I don't think I've seen many early access folks be so candid about the process and their current product as it is, while also being abundantly clear and demonstrating that they have a long way to go. Not sure what their actual estimated time is for getting it finished, but that info would be useful for folks not wanting to dive in right now as it is

Arthea

Finally we got the answer which dlc are included in 13-2? All important are included, I had my doubts about it. I'm not surprised about ME and AssCreed costumes missing, that was expected. It's rather strange that weapons aren't included, though, not that it is important, still don't see why these were omitted.

edited:
The wild Legend of Sword and Fairy appears on greenlight.

unfortunately, so far there is no sign it'll come in English, but it might, if we can convince devs to translate it.

Might and Delight, the developers behind Pid and the Shelter games, stealth-released The Blue Flamingo for 5 bucks. Looks like a unique shmup visually thanks to its handmade models / stages and stop-motion animation. Potentially interesting mechanic behind its economy too, with how you can either use your in-game currency to buy upgrades or you can choose to sit on that money (with a chance of losing it upon death) to earn a score bonus.

Then I am so, so down.

It's been in development for over a decade with very little to show for it in the Early Access build, so I don't think much will come out of this. Which is a shame, because a modern AKI-style wrestler on PC with full mod support has the potential to be all kinds of amazing.

Lomax

Some bits of news from earlier today:

Steam Autumn Sale looks to be on the 27th Novemeber through to the 3rd December if this is accurate - via facepunch

Early Access got some rule changes (for devs):

Just to add to this, 3 AM the 27th in Asia would be 10 am PST the 26th, which would be Wednesday at exactly update time, which corresponds to when the fall sale has started each of the last two years.

The most likely start date for the Winter Sale is December 18th.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Radial-G: Racing Evolved, a futuristic racing game in the style of WipEout and F-Zero that was Greenlit some time ago, is finally entering Early Access on December 11th.

Initially, we will release with:

• A new environment set in the depths of space in and around a derelict asteroid mining station.
  • Three additional courses offering insanely fast racing around tracks including dizzying splits and twists, crazy stomach-defying jumps and inverted tunnel sections.
  • A choice of three race craft
  • 16-player online multiplayer support
  • Offline and single player modes
  • Balance the risk and reward of converting your shield to additional user-controlled boost
  • Enhanced ship physics
  • DK1, DK2 and regular 2D monitor modes supported for Windows-PC

The first full version v1.0 will include:

• Three environments in total
  • Three tracks per environment, with mirrored and reversed track options to unlock
  • Three ships to choose from, offering individual and unique handling mechanics
  • Customisable ships and pilots
  • 32-player online multiplayer support
  • Compelling game modes including single races, championships, elimination and more

We don't plan on being in Steam Early Access for more than a few months so hope you all get on-board with us from the 11th to help us realise our dreams and complete the final game ^_^

Not really sure if that last italicized bit would go against the new "don't make promises about future events" rule put forth by Valve, but at least it's a somewhat promising sign.

Crisco

Banned
Just wanted to drop in and comment on how amazing Steam In-Home Streaming is. Literally like magic, and so easy to setup and use. I've been playing games like DA: I on my living room TV, streamed through a Macbook Pro with a Dualshock 4. Consoles are soooooooo fucked.

Amzin

Just wanted to drop in and comment on how amazing Steam In-Home Streaming is. Literally like magic, and so easy to setup and use. I've been playing games like DA: I on my living room TV, streamed through a Macbook Pro with a Dualshock 4. Consoles are soooooooo fucked.

It still has some severe limitations, but with the right games and right setup it is spectacular, yup

sprinkles

I am still waiting for someone to release a AppleTV-like, around 100€ priced box just to stream Steam games. I can already play PC games on my living room PC, but it would get rid of some hassles with switching outputs on my PC, plus I could get Steam on my bedroom PC as well. I am tempted to build a small form factor box (Intel NUC based) myself but I am still waiting for that streaming box Gaben announced a year ago.

header.jpg

Amazing Frog? is on Steam Early Access. One of the best Ouya exclusives, now on PC/Mac.

Weird 3D Platformer like Goat Simulator, but (in my opinion) more satisfying mechanics and environments. Local multiplayer included. The PC port is good. Buy it.

Nzyme32

http://www.splunk.com/view/SP-CAAANTC

On phone, quoting is a pain, sorry.

Valve Standardizes on Splunk Software

Video Game Development Company Selects Splunk Enterprise to Support Growing Business

SAN FRANCISCO - November 21, 2014 - Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK), provider of the leading software platform for real-time Operational Intelligence, today announced that Valve has selected and standardized on Splunk® Enterprise for Operational Intelligence. Valve, creators of the best-selling game franchises Counter-Strike, Dota 2, Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, Portal and Team Fortress as well as leading technologies Steam and Source, will implement Splunk Enterprise across its security and IT operations teams.

Steam is Valve’s leading platform for PC, Mac and Linux software and games with over 100 million active accounts worldwide. Valve will rely on Splunk software to analyze more than five terabytes of machine data daily from a large volume of servers and to interpret network traffic events. Splunk users at Valve are charged with ensuring that Steam and all Valve game servers are always available and secure for customers to enjoy its award-winning games.

“Splunk is pleased that Valve selected Splunk Enterprise as a strategic technology to support its growing business,” said Steve Sommer, chief marketing officer, Splunk. “We are glad to see customers such as Valve maximize their return on investment from Splunk software by leveraging our software across their organizations. Valve IT operations teams reduce downtime and decrease the mean time to resolve issues, while security teams ensure a more secure environment for their customers.”
Valve customers can also use Splunk Enterprise to learn about their gameplay style. The Splunk App for Team Fortress 2 (TF2) is one of more than 600 apps available on the Splunk Apps website. The app works on TF2 servers and includes dashboards showing current game statistics, a bird's-eye view heatmap and more. Download Splunk Enterprise for free today or try it as a cloud service through a Free Online Sandbox, and download the Splunk App for Team Fortress 2 for the TF2 server.

About Splunk Inc.

Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK) provides the leading software platform for real-time Operational Intelligence. Splunk® software and cloud services enable organizations to search, monitor, analyze and visualize machine-generated big data coming from websites, applications, servers, networks, sensors and mobile devices. More than 8,400 enterprises, government agencies, universities and service providers more than 100 countries use Splunk software to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce cost. Splunk products include Splunk® Enterprise, Splunk Cloud™, Hunk®, Splunk MINT Express™ and premium Splunk Apps. To learn more, please visit http://www.splunk.com/company.

Crisco

Banned
I am still waiting for someone to release a AppleTV-like, around 100€ priced box just to stream Steam games. I can already play PC games on my living room PC, but it would get rid of some hassles with switching outputs on my PC, plus I could get Steam on my bedroom PC as well. I am tempted to build a small form factor box (Intel NUC based) myself but I am still waiting for that streaming box Gaben announced a year ago.

I mean, just get a cheap laptop with HDMI out and Bluetooth. Done. I dunno how prices are over there, but they'll be about 50 of those on sale for ~$100 during Black Friday this week.

It still has some severe limitations, but with the right games and right setup it is spectacular, yup

Only limitation I've encountered is lack of surround sound, it's all down mixed to stereo. There really is zero discernable latency if your home network is halfway decent. To notice compression artifacts, I have to A/B on my desktop monitor sitting 3 feet away. On my 60" living room TV, you really forget you're playing a video.

Waxwing

Someone refresh my memory- was there an autumn sale last time, too? Just seems so close to the holiday sale....

Amzin

Only limitation I've encountered is lack of surround sound, it's all down mixed to stereo. There really is zero discernable latency if your home network is halfway decent. To notice compression artifacts, I have to A/B on my desktop monitor sitting 3 feet away. On my 60" living room TV, you really forget you're playing a video.

See I can feel the latency playing anything, I even notice it in RPGs, but it's tolerable in that case. I can't play platformers / FPS / Action games using it at all, the milliseconds of delay drive me nuts. This is with the two computers hardwired into the router for testing, too.

Top Bottom