• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I can pet Quiet.

books-balls-902063.gif

Dsyndrome

What was the issue?

VPN didn't work for me, it always detected I was US based, either at the checkout cart without a VPN, or after the Paypal confirmation with one on.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

in PoE news, pick my Race, class, and culture. i'll look at the responses and build tomorrow

Male Wild Orlan Druid, because why the fuck not.
PFxCrTC.png

Your name can be Snarf.

I'm a human Meadow Folk Fighter, so I need other folks doing the other side of the spectrum, balancing things out for chi, etc.

I haven't played 2 yet but I have played a bit of 1 and finished 4. 4's controls are waaaay better than 1s but still have a couple issues. I primary issue with controls in 4 is that sometimes the "auto" parkour running picks the opposite direction than you wanted, but other than that I found the controls okay.

The auto-parkour really needs work. Chasing someone through the streets and all of a sudden the game thinks I want to run up that fence post I brushed past instead of continuing the chase. The rest of the controls are pretty decent.

I really want to play 2 again but it has the old controls with no explanation and tells you to use the leg button, hand button etc... with no key or controller prompts.

Teggy

Now that I have my new monitor I am itching more than ever to go PC for most games. 60fps is just so good. Even Saints Row IV looks worlds better than the Xbox one version, which you'd think they could have made run great. The thing that keeps holding me back is that I generally buy games new with the expectation that I will be trading them off when I am done. Makes dropping $60 on a lot of games not that big of a deal.

But 1440p/60 fps, so good...

Now that I have my new monitor I am itching more than ever to go PC for most games. 60fps is just so good. Even Saints Row IV looks worlds better than the Xbox one version, which you'd think they could have made run great. The thing that keeps holding me back is that I generally buy games new with the expectation that I will be trading them off when I am done. Makes dropping $60 on a lot of games not that big of a deal.

But 1440p/60 fps, so good...
why would you buy if you plan to sell? just rent.

Did I just hear someone say Witcher 3's side quests suck? What the hell is this?

Well, majority of them do suck. The problem is that you cannot be sure until actually play the quest. Even some of the great ones eventually just become "You are Batman, use Batman mode, then fight like Batman until enemy dies. Then return like 100... no two thousand metres back to where you started".

The ones that have actual relevance in the story should have been bumped up a tier or the shitty ones should have been tagged with shit tier.

Also if you think that Roach controls better than DHorse you are crazy and I am sorry about your poor opinion on video game horsies

Knurek

Now that I have my new monitor I am itching more than ever to go PC for most games. 60fps is just so good. Even Saints Row IV looks worlds better than the Xbox one version, which you'd think they could have made run great.

I wish the game was able to sustain 60fps at all times, but alas, being written for lastgen consoles means it doesn't use more than three threads and generally slows down when there's a lot of open-world area to be drawn. :\

Can we all just agree that DA: I horse/creature is the worst?

No. Because almost no one even remembers that junk is in DAI.

The horse situation is emblematic of Dragon Age: Inquisition's failings, really. It's not nearly as fast, spectacular, or fun as you'd think, given the superb variety and sheer quantity that is out there; worse still, even partaking in it is a complete waste of time with zero payoff.

I suppose the 10% or whatever speed boost the horses give shouldn't be surprising after the garbage mounts in Star Wars: The Old Republic. (You'll never see speeders any slower.)

The worst part about the horse in Inquisition is that it removes your party from the field making you miss the dynamic party dialogue that's such a fun part of crpgs :/

Can we all just agree that DA: I horse/creature is the worst?

I NEVER use a mount in DA:Inquisition except that one map in the desert (can't really remember) which is very huge and it'll be ridiculous if you travel in it by foot.
Most of the time, I don't need my mount because once every few meters there'll be something I can pick or even battles, and I can't do that from a mount.

The worst part about the horse in Inquisition is that it removes your party from the field making you miss the dynamic party dialogue that's such a fun part of crpgs :/

This too!

Inquisition handled party banter really poorly... About as badly as MGSV handled cassettes and radio dialog. I don't even remember if that party banter bug ended up being real, or all in player's heads. Was a bummer in either case.

Now, a Steamy question: does anyone know if Civilization 3 or 4 include their soundtracks on Steam? Civ3's ancient era theme is so good and it'd be such a shame to need to dig out the CD DVD to have it on my hard drive.

Teggy

I wish the game was able to sustain 60fps at all times, but alas, being written for lastgen consoles means it doesn't use more than three threads and generally slows down when there's a lot of open-world area to be drawn. :\

Well I only played it on PC a little into the open world part because I have a copy of Reelected/Gat out of Hell for xbone and only IV for PC, but it was definitely rock solid up until then and the car at night with lights and everything looked stunning.

Knurek

Well I only played it on PC a little into the open world part because I have a copy of Reelected/Gat out of Hell for xbone and only IV for PC, but it was definitely rock solid up until then and the car at night with lights and everything looked stunning.

I could get 1080p60 most of the time, but sometimes when traversing the city, it'd drop to 45-50 fps while having GPU usage way below 50%. Nothing deal-breaking, mind you, just how the DX11 renderer works, I guess.
Also, I'm on a 2-core/4-thread CPU, so it's entirely possible the game can keep up 1080p60 on a proper i5/i7.

Teggy

I should mention by the way that SRIV is a crazy game. It feels like a totally different genre than the other SR games at times.

pffft

worrying about that type of stuff is for chumps
The difficulty spikes would change your mind.
Well, majority of them do suck. The problem is that you cannot be sure until actually play the quest. Even some of the great ones eventually just become "You are Batman, use Batman mode, then fight like Batman until enemy dies. Then return like 100... no two thousand metres back to where you started".

The ones that have actual relevance in the story should have been bumped up a tier or the shitty ones should have been tagged with shit tier.

Also if you think that Roach controls better than DHorse you are crazy and I am sorry about your poor opinion on video game horsies
First, no, second, I didn't say Roach controls better.

Shadownet

Banned
Not sure if anyone care but I have a 30% off Grim Fandango coupon on Humble Bundle. The current sale price for it right now is $6. With my coupon it would drop down to $4.20.

If you want the game for that price let me know. Coupon expires on the 19th, but the sale price end in 10 hours.

Momentary

Banned
Arc System Works is about to have me get stuck with a dumb ass avatar for a month. Can't complain. It's a pleasant surprise to see a current fighter from them for once in the form of Arcana Heart.

Seeing as how Revelator won't be out on consoles this year, my only hope is to have them release Sign this year some how.

Anteater

I'm surprised a lot of people on gaf actually think starwars battlefront looks graphically impressive considering the games a lot of people shit on here

autoduelist

So... AVG just told me a file in Paper Sorcerer was a trojan (it's been installed for ages, the warning just popped today). I find that hard to believe. Anyone else have Steam games trigger issues? Has a Steam game ever had an issue?

Deques

So... AVG just told me a file in Paper Sorcerer was a trojan (it's been installed for ages, the warning just popped today). I find that hard to believe. Anyone else have Steam games trigger issues? Has a Steam game ever had an issue?

probably false positive warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom