• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo

Bloodborne is better than Souls, and features very different combat style so I wouldn't call it Souls either.
Good to see that they're taking tips from Bloodborne in DS3.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
My top 3 played games are Pillars of Eternity, Ys: The Oath in Felghana, and Psychonauts.

Speaking of which, I'm torn between deciding to try the nightmare bosh rush in Ys Oath again, or make more progress in Gurumin. What do you guys think I should do?

Jawmuncher

header.jpg
Just got a ending in Close Your Eyes (Ending 4 to be precise).
Took me about 2 hours to beat it, I would say about 30 minutes of it being stuck on puzzles. Once I figured out the solutions they seemed obvious, but i've never been a good at puzzles in games so they were quite the road bump for me. Regardless the game was a pleasant surprise, it was indeed creepy. Hell it even scared me a few times with some clever tricks. I especially liked just how dark it was, it was plenty fucked up and the art style really helps get that across. One closing comment I have is that the announcer is fucking great. Was cool finding out who voiced him.

Overall I think everyone should give it a play, especially if you got a code for the game. most of the puzzles now are on the forum if you get stuck. Just hope there's a ending guide soon so I can see the rest.

Hell even I have over 20 days in L4D1/2.

Even combining the two... I don't think I have that much time in them.
They just never felt right to me for whatever reason.
I have 22.9 in L4D2.
I had L4D for about 5 days on x360 when it first came out before it became too repetitive for me due to not enjoying the core gameplay, I guess; that and the competitive multiplayer never clicked.

Scamco, need I say more...?

Unfriended.
Nobody puts Dark Souls 3 in the corner.

I like you.
This is one of the most accurate memento gifs I have ever seen.

Bloodborne is a souls game

No, it's not. They're similar, but at the core, the changes in combat and push toward dodge/roll/counter instead of block/parry combined with the lack of magic and drastic change in setting set it apart from Dark Souls 1/2 and Demon's.

Lain

You all posting your most played Steam games, so I thought I'd do just as much:

Clicker Heroes racked all that playtime because it's the kind of game where you can leave it going and it'll play itself. Sometimes I even forget it's on and then I remember, bring it up, spend the accrued gold and leave it do its own thing, at least until it's time to stop idling and to start clicking.

Saints Row: The Third has been probably the most fun GTA-like type of game I played. I still want to go back and complete some achievements like the choice ones and 100% it as it should be.

Assassin's Creed II, my first AC and, so far, the only one I played, despite buying the others too (except the latest ones because they're still too high in price for me). The setting was fantastic. I mean, Italy and I'm Italian, so it was pretty cool and the story had some of history characters I like.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, the Batman-meets-AC game. You only kill Orcs, An Orc-killing simulator is how some describe it. Sure, you mostly only do that, but it's fun, so is it really a problem? I had tons of fun slaying those orcs, building my own army of orcs, making the orcs I marked raise through the ranks to see the carnage unfold when engaging certain leaders.

Sniper Elite III is another fun murdering simulator, though you murder people instead of orcs. Trying to kill everyone without getting spotted, planning who to take out first, trying to shoot at the right time to hide the sound, all were pretty interesting aspects of the game.

UnEpic, a game I liked from the start and that kept growing on me until I reached a boss that I (still) think is an asshole (the Eyeball one) and then I stopped there. I appreciated the humor in the game and the gameplay was fun, but fuck that boss.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution, another game I haven't completed despite sinking 32 hours into it. I remember having a lot of fun with it and then getting sidetracked by something else. What that something else was, though, I don't remember.

Dust: An Elysian Tail was such a pleasure to play. The game wasn't exactly hard and some of the animations weren't really to my liking, but the colorful look and the gameplay were good enough to keep me hooked until the end. It also made me wish for Noogy to make a Paperinik game. I'm sure it would be amazing.

Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY made me wonder how people could stand that camera. It mostly felt claustrophobic to play for me. Still a fun game and a game I mostly played to let the young kid of the woman that came to clean my house have some fun, as he was the one wanting to play it the most.

Welp, my original Xbox just bit the dust after many long years of service. I wasn't even gaming with it anymore - mostly using it as a DVD player (yes, I bought the dongle thingy) - and I don't see myself trying to replace three or four blown capacitors with a soldering iron, so it looks like it's time to say goodbye. I guess I'm now officially console-free: just PC and 3DS from here on in.

Dr Dogg

Argue over semantics all you want but Bloodbourne fits neatly into the silly sub genre of Souls-like just as Lords of the Fallen does. You know what someone means when they say Bloodborne is a Souls game and there's even that thread asking peeps who haven't played any of the Souls games before how they finding Bloodborne with no objection to the thread title. Only recently had there been this staunch 'God, it's not a Souls game alright!' retort. It's almost like it's reveared as something special that others don't want to share :p

throw some flame throwers up in that bitch and post some gifs of your burning shit pls.

Might take me a while as I've barely started and still got MGS5 and The Witcher 3 on the go.

Annubis

I guess this is why we don't see new Disney games (if statement is true)

Disney Considered Avengers Age Of Ultron A Box Office Failure

Working for a big corp, I can totally understand this.

Big companies don't care at all for small or normal profits even though IT IS profit.
They just want bazillion dollar profits.

You'd think any money coming in is great but they have to make it so that they make the most money per day because at the end of the year, they have to surpass last year's innings or else the investors are not happy.

You would think that having more manpower to have a wider portfolio could work with minor/medium profit but companies don't like having employees so the trick is to keep the least of them working on few very high earners and ignore everything else.

Turfster

Even combining the two... I don't think I have that much time in them.
They just never felt right to me for whatever reason.
I have 22.9 in L4D2.
I had L4D for about 5 days on x360 when it first came out before it became too repetitive for me due to not enjoying the core gameplay, I guess; that and the competitive multiplayer never clicked.
Well, like I said, I played exclusively with friends, in various configurations of 4 vs 4.
Also, controller? Really? smh =p

Might take me a while as I've barely started and still got MGS5 and The Witcher 3 on the go.

I'm watching. Always watching.

Also I'm a full day late to this party but I live in a dry state and even I laugh at Salsa's 5% beer. If you went to a bootlegger over here and asked for 5% beer they'd probably slap you and send you on your way.

heh, skyrim is my most played game on steam, 101 hours but heres the funny thing. Vanilla skyrim is trash, its nearly as boring as Dragon Age Inquisition(a game i honestly hate). Mods really saved skyrim for me, made a super trashy wtf game to a pretty good one. NV is my 2nd most played but technically its my first, I removed the drm(cause at the time steam would never work offline, or at least i didn't know how to make it work) when I went on vacation about 2 years ago for the whole summer and played about 40-50 hours(it was a family vacation, spent most of my time locked away in my grandma's house ._.), i still actually use that save during the rare times i jump back into the game.

Argue over semantics all you want but Bloodbourne fits neatly into the silly sub genre of Souls-like just as Lords of the Fallen does. You know what someone means when they say Bloodborne is a Souls game and there's even that thread asking peeps who haven't played any of the Souls games before how they finding Bloodborne with no objection to the thread title. Only recently had there been this staunch 'God, it's not a Souls game alright!' retort. It's almost like it's reveared as something special that others don't want to share :p

The problem is they don't say "Bloodborne is a souls-like". They straight up consider it a souls game and then bitch about oversaturation and how Dark Souls 3 is here too fast.

But if you played Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 and made some sort of sorcery/faith/pyromancer build and relied heavily on magic... if you played a build where you relied on using a shield instead of dodge rolling... none of those things are options in Bloodborne. There's a few things that are sort of like magic, but they're not really spells in the mechanics. There is a shield I found at some point, but the game flat out tells you it's pretty much useless (and you don't see people use it for a reason).

Does it share a lot of DNA? Sure.
But is it everything a souls game from FROM is outside of having a Souls name? Most definitely not.

My top 3 played games are Pillars of Eternity, Ys: The Oath in Felghana, and Psychonauts.

Speaking of which, I'm torn between deciding to try the nightmare bosh rush in Ys Oath again, or make more progress in Gurumin. What do you guys think I should do?

Nightmare boss rush in Felghana obviously! :D

Which reminds me, I need to do the nightmare boss rush 7 more times in Ys Origin.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Playing History: The Plague -- MB-00E8BAC5FB167B90 - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Prehistorik -- MB-2F32A05233585995 - Taken by anastef
Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri -- MB-BFD723F6B9B7D964 - Taken by Belgarion
Hills of Glory 3D -- MB-8356BEA2B86DDB5E - Taken by Hektor
Hospital Manager -- MB-D0D76E59543B3E55 - Taken by nightstorm
Terablaster -- MB-E4683ACF411CFD73 - Taken by madjoki
Streets of Chaos + Conspiracy DLC -- MB-ACDA044F38F84865 - Taken by jshackles

Hektor

Slowly learning to kind of not buy games I won't play in the near future. Whatever that means.

I started doing that a year ago and it really helped enjoying the games more without the pressure of a backlog.

i still pick up some bundles every now and then, tho. But since they usually dont cost much i dont feel obligated to try all the stuff.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just realized that after playing Hero of the Kingdom II, I surpassed 3,000 Steam achievements.

qPA7zM7.png

I wish there was more achievement-based functionality on Steam.

I just realized that after playing Hero of the Kingdom II, I surpassed 3,000 Steam achievements.

qPA7zM7.png

I wish there was more achievement-based functionality on Steam.

I have about 30 achievements to go before I'm at 3000, but I have a higher completion percentage if that counts? :D

I think Steam at one point said they'd have liked more achievement-based functionality, but doing that would only encourage players to use achievement cheaters and/or for developers to make easier achievements.

Regarding MADMAX: Is there a way to pick up scrap parts without leaving the car?

You can build "projects" at every friendly stronghold (not the camps)
One of these projects sends people to pick up scrap from defeated enemies in that stronghold's territory (not scrap from the sites where you find scrap and stuff, mind)

C4rter

Regarding MADMAX: Is there a way to pick up scrap parts without leaving the car?

There is a project available in every stronghold. If you build that the scrap from destroyed cars get's picked up automatically. For the rest, you have to get out.

Anteater

Maybe, one day :D

SteamGAF make popcorn's and enjoy (just avoid posting there it could be minefield soon)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1108220

i find most of the "what do i do gaf? i bought a pc/console and I don't know what to do" and "gaf what should i buy, video game 1 vs video game 2, and console 1 vs console 2, it's so easy to figure that shit out myself but I'd rather watch you idiots fight about it" threads silly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom