• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

Someone sell me on Divinity as I've been keeping an eye on it but can't completely justify pulling the trigger. Also will that be it's cheapest price?
ECR9arD.png

As for selling you on it:
Hi guys, I am a huge crpg fan. I've played (and love) many of them, from Fallout 1 to Baldur's Gate 2. I bought this game last week due to the posts of Sinatar and Durante. Here are my impressions:

Game is fucking awesome buy it if you have good taste in rpgs.
Watching the livestream from yesterday (skipping around the parts where Swen shows off higher-level areas/encounters), just so I could get a look at the Level Editor... oh man. Oh boy oh boyohboy. Oh my. That's some high-level, weapons-grade shit.
GAF, I played the demo some more. People dismissing this as eurojank or whatever are 100% wrong.

I've been waiting for a game like this for a decade. If the final game is as polished throughout and the combat system holds up, this might become one of my all time favorites. I love the chunky UI.
I have a feeling a good many hardcore RPG fan will regret sleeping on this one, especially as it is already being discounted via Steam Summer Sale.

I haven't read one bad impression, the company has been transparent and awesome throughout development, etc... Everything about the game is singing.... and yet this game seems to really be going under the radar.

There were enough fans of this genre to throw millions of dollars at Obsidian (deservedly, mind you) and yet I feel this title is just sneaking out.

Alternatively to the colored avatars, I will add a colored version of the logo to your avatar if you PM me with your team. I have nothing to do today.

Dec

If you'd rather not use a third-party program you can opt for this little trick. Note that it only works with games that make use of CEG/"Steam DRM" (i.e. loading the game requires the presence of the Steam client), but as this describes at least 90% of Steam's catalogue, I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding something to use.

Edit: Use your badge page to get the app ids. Copy/paste the game page URL into the text file and delete everything except the number -- e.g. http://steamcommunity.com/id/YourIDhere/gamecards/264140/ becomes 264140.

Thank you.

I was placed in Team Green, and my Steam avatar is Blanka. It's a sign from Gaben. I must craft badges for my benevolent lord, for he has honored me.

aku:jiki

Especially since when they spammed me via Raptr about their Kickstarter, it was specifically due to my Binding of Isaac playtime. I can understand them not wanting people to just make that comparison though. We need more binding of isaac clones in the world in my opinion though.
Agreed, clones are how genres get started. Hell, it's how this entire business has always worked.

Any chance you still have the Raptr spam and can screenshot it? It'd be an amusing thing to post as a reply to their blatant lie.

Why nobody buys Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae? You know it's a fun game, don't you? and you can do insane comboing in it all day long.
I did!

Sooo any chance Trails in the sky FC will finally show up a a surprice stealth release? I've been waiting since last winter for that one and still nothing.

Sooo any chance Trails in the sky FC will finally show up a a surprice stealth release? I've been waiting since last winter for that one and still nothing.
I've been waiting for it too. I think I heard rumblings about the release being delayed because of some coding/engine issues or something? I dunno. Releasing now would be awesome, but I can wait some more.
I thought it's ppl who crafted 30 points worth of stuff in the winning team gets their top 3 wishlist games?
We're both wrong :p 30 people who earned points are picked at random and get 3 games.

Chariot

Just a little reminder. It's not much, but it would be sad if hesitating people would miss it.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Last Remnant -- MB-6BC428774A1A55AF

t1403216539z1.png

Durante

Durante:

Is this CRPG revival game more or less awesome than Might and Magic X?
Apples and oranges. Or rather, first-person exploration/dungeon crawling and isometric Ultima-like. Also, unlike MMX, I haven't completed it yet.

Let's just say that it's amazing we're getting these games (and all the other RPGs) in one year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom