• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sale is Live

amigastar

For now just bought Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones.
I remember playing the Prince of Persia Sands Of Time back in the day. I really liked it.

any good action rpgs that have depth in game play and freedom? Kinda like xenoblade series but on steam.
By action RPG are you talking like Diablo/Path of Exile because that's what I would call an ARPG, or are you meaning more like third person action like Souls, DMC, etc?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Highly recommended if anyone is looking for a Vampire Survivors-like game. Not much of a sale since it just came out last month and still in early access but cheap fun.
Looks good. Never heard of it.

There's so many VS knock offs the past year I'm tempted to get one. This game has much better production values and looks like has some inventory management elements to it. I'll keep it on my watch list as I sift around other similar games..

There's so many VS knock offs the past year I'm tempted to get one. This game has much better production values and looks like has some inventory management elements to it. I'll keep it on my watch list as I sift around other similar games..
Death Must Die is great. The loot aspect makes it that much better for me because I love me a good loot oriented game.

Topher

Gold Member
I like using Cheapshark to browse storefronts.

Some decent stuff I'm seeing on Steam...
-Half-Life Alyx - $20
-ME Legendary - $6
-L4D2 - $1
-Hunter: Call of the Wild - $4
-Tomb Raider 2013 - $3
-RE2 -$10
-The Ascent - $9

It's worth using Cheapshark to search games you want to buy. GreenManGaming and Fanatical will often beat Steam during sales.

Noticed Split/Second from my wishlist was not on sale so checked on gg.deals and get it for $3. $20 on Steam.

simpatico

Shout out to Blasphemous 2. For my tastes I vastly prefer it to part 1. Easily surpasses The Last Faith as best Metroidvania this year. But honestly if you like the genre you should get The Last Faith too. Just know it's a bit imperfect, but the visuals make it worth going through a few warts.

Checked out the 8 Bit version of Bloodstained and holy shit is it good. Also got The Messenger. A NES Ninja Gaiden-like with an absolute slapper of a soundtrack.

Is the Battlefield 5 campaign worth $4?

header.jpg

ss_fc381df35ba9866853cb4622d080e2ca13aee99a.600x338.jpg

ss_bdf71b743e07b2dc2e3a892e4b4279a271e8300e.600x338.jpg

ss_8dd705de7ce4ae51d6f6c70fa577fbb3232c0ce0.600x338.jpg

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Shout out to Blasphemous 2. For my tastes I vastly prefer it to part 1. Easily surpasses The Last Faith as best Metroidvania this year. But honestly if you like the genre you should get The Last Faith too. Just know it's a bit imperfect, but the visuals make it worth going through a few warts.

Checked out the 8 Bit version of Bloodstained and holy shit is it good. Also got The Messenger. A NES Ninja Gaiden-like with an absolute slapper of a soundtrack.

I didn't care for the original Blasphemous but the art was tremendous. I'm a little hesitant on the sequel because of that. And speaking of Metroidvania, the mid-way turn in The Messenger ruins what was a wonderful experience up until that point.

simpatico

I didn't care for the original Blasphemous but the art was tremendous. I'm a little hesitant on the sequel because of that. And speaking of Metroidvania, the mid-way turn in The Messenger ruins what was a wonderful experience up until that point.
The sequel is way less frustrating. It's more like Bloodstained or SotN than the first game. I say try it. I wish i did earlier. You can always refund it, and it you won't have to play long to see the difference. Went from a 2D souls game to a proper Castlevania Iga clone. Not nearly as frustrating. A complaint in reviews is that it's too easy. For me there's still a stiff challenge, but there's a lot less frustrating projectile enemies.

Last edited:

Hero_Select

it's very good, I dumped 12 hrs into but beware that it's early access and it shows, there's only 1 level.

But it's cheap and I like the direction it's going in.

Paltheos

Ys 8 is cool enough that a guy like me who thinks the party-based Ys games are categorically worse than the classics still rates it high (it's still ranked like #5 though among Ys games for me).

any good action rpgs that have depth in game play and freedom? Kinda like xenoblade series but on steam.

Tough to make a recommendation without knowing what you liked best about it, but I can second the recommendation of FF12 based off the games' general design philosophies being the same but FF12 just being.... better. Both games set you loose in a series of large, pretty environments set to grandiose OSTs with largely automated gameplay loops. The difference is that FF12 offers you more control while simultaneously not forcing you to work any harder moment-to-moment. That management element was allot more interesting to me and made me feel like I was just playing a worse version of the same idea when I tried playing Xenoblade.

Rickyiez

FF7R is actually pretty similar in a few ways like the auto attack and cycling between Arts/Ability on cool down with free movement. The graphics is great too.

My only issue is the game is too boring (could be the setting of Midgar and the characters). Could be just me but I very much prefer Xenoblade 3 over it, Xb3 is amazing.

Last edited:

Antwix

It's basically VS with a Diablo type loot system and Hades god perks. Definitely one of the best VS-type games out there imo. Only problem is that there is only 1 level/map lasting 20min. There are like 5 characters or so right now though. You can look at their roadmap that they just posted a few days ago but they'll be adding Act 2 with some other stuff like a new character in Q1 2024 and Act 3 and more later on in 2024, probably Q2.

rocketleague

Neo Member
Tales series ?
I played a couple of tails series yes, didn't like tailes of Arise though, it was way too liner
FF7R is actually pretty similar in a few ways like the auto attack and cycling between Arts/Ability on cool down with free movement. The graphics is great too.

My only issue is the game is too boring (could be the setting of Midgar and the characters). Could be just me but I very much prefer Xenoblade 3 over it, Xb3 is amazing.
yeah honestly nothing compares to xenoblade series in terms of action rpg freedom imo. Good thing I'm saving xenoblade 3 for later.

MAX PAYMENT

Whooh! Can't wait for the next Steam sales disappointment to start!!

Awkward Episode 1 GIF by The Office

BTW I'll still be checking my wishlist at gg.deals for any meaningful price changes. But my guess is that the Epic store will have the best prices of them all since there's an additional 25% off with coupons.
But the epic store is EVIL.

thegame983

Think this is what I'm going with:

I subbed to EA plus (or whatever it's called) to play the new Jedi game. I also installed the Dead Space remake.

Dead Space remake looked incredible but stuttered constantly. I uninstalled after about 10 mins.

Apparently its an unfixed regular issue on PC. Just a heads up.

violence

Is the Battlefield 5 campaign worth $4?
I put over 100 hours in multiplayer. The single player is standard stuff but looks amazing if you got a good enough PC. For 4 dollars absolutely. My favorite was the final chapter where you play as a German tank commander. I was legit scared of team stars.

Last edited:

GHG

I subbed to EA plus (or whatever it's called) to play the new Jedi game. I also installed the Dead Space remake.

Dead Space remake looked incredible but stuttered constantly. I uninstalled after about 10 mins.

Apparently its an unfixed regular issue on PC. Just a heads up.

Thanks, I'll give it a go and if I get issues I'll just refund it. No big deal.

I put over 100 hours in multiplayer. The single player is standard stuff but looks amazing if you got a good enough PC. For 4 dollars absolutely. My favorite was the final chapter where you play as a German tank commander. I was legit scared of team stars.

At their current prices all of the BF games that have a SP campaign are worth it. Even Hardline.

Real Housewives Of Atlanta Nene GIF by Bravo TV

It was cheaper to buy the Talos Principal Bundle with both games than to buy just the second game buy itself. Weird.
By buying the bundle with the first game I already owned I saved almost 3 bucks.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Think Im passing this year. Had to buy other real life stuff, and a friend bought me Remnant 2 to play with him and I bought a month to play WoW besides that so Im good until Yakuza is out next month.

Top Bottom