• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade Confirms Physical Release

The PlayStation store page for the upcoming Shift Up-developed action game, Stellar Blade, has been spotted with a brief FAQ. Most of this list comprises previously confirmed information, though two notes are worth emphasizing.

Firstly, the title is stated to be single-player only. While there haven’t been any rumors or such about multiplayer functionality, it’s neat to see this implementation officially unconfirmed.

Additionally, a physical release is planned, though details on when to expect it or its pricing have not been unveiled yet.
image.png

We’ll keep you all updated with the eventual release of Stellar Blade.

In terms of story elements, there is much to ponder. Shift Up is widely known for its mobile gacha Destiny Child, which is praised for its limited pay-to-win systems. The development team comprises team members who also worked on games such as Magna Carta on PlayStation 2, where you’ll notice some of the influences in character designs from character designer Kim Hyung-tae.

In case you missed it, check out our previous coverage of the game, which was a trailer that premiered during the September 2022 Sony State of Play. Impressive gameplay segments, an immersive presentation, and other intriguing facets were presented alongside many screenshots. For those unaware, this title was previously known as “Project Eve” before the Stellar Blade name was finalized.

Many prospective players are comparing this entry to NieR:Automata, but this experience definitely has a distinct vibe that makes it stand out on its own accord. We’re looking forward to learning more next year.

Stellar Blade is planned to launch exclusively for PlayStation 5.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I think they will be. Unironically, the lack of physical release is going to hurt its sales potential. Same will go for Control 2 and the Max Payne Remakes if they're stupid enough to continue doing this.
I’m with you on the physical games should be an option argument. But the data clearly shows that consumers do not care about physical any more and it certainly will not hurt game sales going forward. We are heading for an all digital future sooner than you think.

Aenima

Praise them buttlocks. \o/
Game is being published by Sony so a physical version was pretty much confirmed.

Puscifer

Alan Wake 2 should be embarrassed.
People underestimate how much single player games still get bought physically.
The thing people haven't caught on too, at least from what I've seen, is that it's testing the waters. Expect a domino effect if it's successful, because I sadly see physical truly becoming a collectors by the end of the generation of that's the case.

Last edited:

ProtoByte

I’m with you on the physical games should be an option argument. But the data clearly shows that consumers do not care about physical any more and it certainly will not hurt game sales going forward. We are heading for an all digital future sooner than you think.
The data shows that single player games still have a disproportionate physical sales ratio. The data also says that physical games make about 10 billion dollars a year. When you recognize that the entire games market, from Clash of Clans to Farmville to Call Of Duty is worth about 180 billion, that's not nothing.

ProtoByte

The thing people haven't caught on too, at least from what I've seen, is that it's testing the waters. Expect a domino effect if it's successful, because I sadly see physical truly becoming a collectors by the end of the generation of that's the case.
It's one hell of a game to be trying it with. Alan Wake is probably Remedy's least popular IP, which is saying something. People aren't going to be tripping over themselves to buy this game in droves.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

This is so VERY wrong! I can't believe how wrong you are.

SSfox

Hopefully sony is not gonna censor this stuff.
It's insane this is what people are worry about today.

Honestly, with all the dumb decisions Sony been making: Porting PS exclusives to PC, Paid Online while insanely increasing PS plus prices, then doing nonsens censures would be simply the ultimate ice in the cake to just tell their PS Userbase to go the fuck off and play the games on PC.

GymWolf

Honestly, with all the dumb decisions Sony been making: Porting PS exclusives to PC, Paid Online while insanely increasing PS plus prices, then doing nonsens censures would be simply the ultimate ice in the cake to just tell their PS Userbase to go the fuck off and play the games on PC.
It's a joke (that contain some truth)

I'm sure jimbo is not gonna get an aneurysm for a sexy ass (i hope)

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I think they will be. Unironically, the lack of physical release is going to hurt its sales potential. Same will go for Control 2 and the Max Payne Remakes if they're stupid enough to continue doing this.

You do know they have an Epic Games Publishing deal?
Theyve broken even before the game has even come out.

Control 2 is being published by 505 Games, who are gonna print disks.
Max Payne 1&2 Remakes have a dev deal with Rockstar so they are gonna publish them and print disks.

The success of Control really bolstered the studios standing, and even if Alan Wake 2 doesnt sell well I can all but guarantee it does well enough for the budget, Control 2 and MP1&2 are already in works anyway, so they arent gonna be sitting there begging for publishers.
They arent too worried about being strapped for cash.

And physical releases are what 20% at best?
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

I'll wait since I ain't buying a Playstation 5

Even if it never comes out on Steam, I'm fine with missing it. Have lot of other games that I can play 😜
There's no Steam version confirmed though, and I doubt that they'll censor dat jiggly butt since it's all over the marketing including on the PS product page I've linked to in the OP.
Yep

I'm waiting for the Steam version so I can mod in a Uncensored patch

From the FAQ in the OP: Stellar Blade is a console exclusive. Very likely means a PC version on day 1.

Imagine the mods.

Fbh

That's cool and all but can we get a new trailer? or a date?
Delays aren't unexpected with games but we've gone from "releases in 2023" to "it won't even show up during any event in 2023"

From the FAQ in the OP: Stellar Blade is a console exclusive. Very likely means a PC version on day 1.

Imagine the mods.

Imagine the limited edition Mousepad

Top Bottom