• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter II (30th Anniversary Edition) SNES cart - iam8bit

BTails

What's the beef with iam8bit?

They tend to be super overpriced and everything launches as a preorder which fails to make it's promised release date (by months/years). Their customer service is quite awful too: one example was a customer receiving a damaged record, then being told by iam8bit that they shouldn't have picked the cheapest shipping option, and that they weren't going to replace it.

Do not buy from iam8bit! They’re overpriced and shit always gets delayed. People continue to buy their vinyls despite the issues with the pricing. Don’t be weak and give in to something like this.

poodaddy

I'll take the SF turbo rom on the SNES classic. I love me some streets and the fights that take place in them but this is just outlandishly pricey.

Dan-o

A $100 cart that will set your SNES on fire.

This is peak capitalism and it'll probably sell out.

I suspect there's more coming
cXZFMQ2.png
They should add a little fire logo to this.

Flintty

I would have loved a PAL version dammit. Heck if I'd have known earlier I probably would have ordered this anyway.

Why would they use a photo of the cart in an SNES console in the on state if they also say you shouldn't actually use it in a real SNES? That's like slam dunk lawsuit territory right there lol

If I knew I could get the Blanka cartridge I would probably pre-order it. He's always been my favorite character in the series so it'd be a neat item to have.

Vespa

can someone explain or link to me where this "set your snes on fire" thing is coming from? im curious.

Last paragraph on the store page. I can only guess that the warning is there because it might be using 3.3v Flash rather than 5v (which I'm told is harder to come across in larger densities) but can be used with the correct level transistors.

vazel

Banned
If I didn't have so much Nintendo stuff to buy this year I would be all over this. I love the idea of people manufacturing new copies of old games and I hope we see more of it.

Troidal

I just came here to say don't buy iam8bit products. You won't get what's advertised and their customer support is terrible. Stop giving them your business guys.

Garou

Dear Capcom,

It's the anniversary of Street Fighter, not Street Fighter II, how about rereleasing that for once?

SF1 has never seen any kind of port (except for that one very old PC-port), right?

lupinko

Yeah, while it was fine when we were kids, the 16 bit ports are pretty bad when compared to the CPS1 originals. Especially since the arcade version is easily accessible nowadays be it real hardware, better ported home versions or even through emulation.

Unless you want to put that for display, you're better off just getting a real CPS1 board at this point for the authentic SF2 WW experience.

JusDoIt

Dear Capcom,

It's the anniversary of Street Fighter, not Street Fighter II, how about rereleasing that for once?

SF1 has never seen any kind of port (except for that one very old PC-port), right?

Nobody wants to play SF1 again.

Garou

Nobody wants to play SF1 again.

Bullshit, even if it sucks I want to play it, even if it's just for historical reasons. Especially since SF5 is rather "legacy-conscious".

Even if the debut-album of your favorite band sucks doesn't mean they should delete it from their discography.

Blues1990

Dear Capcom,

I wouldn't mind some of the fighters from that game make a return to Street Fighter V. I mean, I can't be the only one who wants Eagle or Retsu, or how they approach adapting the other fighters from that game.

D.Lo

2017-1991 = 30?
Yeh so dumb, they constantly celebrate the anniversary of the POS Street Fighter 1 with Street Fighter II based products.

It's like releasing Super Mario World for an NES Super Mario Bros anniversary (which Nintendo came close to doing with the All Stars release on Wii - bt at least it actually contains a version of SMB1).

JusDoIt

Bullshit, even if it sucks I want to play it, even if it's just for historical reasons. Especially since SF5 is rather "legacy-conscious".

Even if the debut-album of your favorite band sucks doesn't mean they should delete it from their discography.

You want to own it, you don't want to play it.

That's kinda cool...I would like it if it had the SFC box art. I hated the US box art for all the Street Fighter games.

Pricey indeed, but it is a collector's item. I'm a big SF fan, but...nah I will pass.

Harlock

There is market for oficial cartridge reissues, but not for that price. I believe 30/40 bucks is the good semse.

Kyari

I would have picked one up if they'd done a PAL/Euro cart version.

They've said on twitter it'll come with other stuff too, but the main draw is definitely the cartridge.

$100 + $24 for shipping. L. M. A. O.

For vanilla SF2 which is also a fire hazard.

I'd rather buy a $6 red cartridge shell and the game off ebay and do my own "collector's edition". At least it wouldn't fry my SNES.

Top Bottom