• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I have probably 2 quitters a night drop out on me just before KO. So silly. Why pay online if you can't deal with losing? I am up to a 28 ranking and have a 0% disconnect percent, just like everyone else should be. I am not even sure how they disconnect so fast, either. LOL.

One loser that cracks me up is Misteriosi. Guy has a 50 level, meaning he has legitimately out thousands of hours into game, but has quit in me twice the last two times I have played him. Can't take the heat, what good is it to play ranked matches?

Another fun note: a quarter of my opponents apparently downvote me bbecause I show no mercy. If you pick Ken or Chun-Li, you deserve to get double greenbarred, lol.

LakeEarth

They should give anyone over a 10% disconnect rate a badge next to their name that says "avoid me at all costs!".

And FUCK fucking AFK motherfuckers in this game when trying to find a match. The patch, which I am very thankful for, should have had some code to avoid continually matching you with the same guy who's AFK over and over and over.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Worse is the ufcgym clown who does it on purpose every night for the last 3 years. You really have nothing better to do than make sure you are logged in the lobby every night? People literally have made videos bagging on this guy...

LakeEarth

I love how that guy had a rank of 3, which means at one point he did actually play the game a little bit. I eventually switched from XBL to PSN, so I haven't had to deal with him in a while.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I love how that guy had a rank of 3, which means at one point he did actually play the game a little bit. I eventually switched from XBL to PSN, so I haven't had to deal with him in a while.

You are lucky :( Although I heard he used to do it on PSN, too. I spend a lot of time each night having to refresh the lobby because I will hit him 4 times in a row... so lame. I have filed reports and complaints, as he is deliberately screwing up the game for everyone, but MS doesn't do shit.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Just played 25 rounds...lost 2 of them. Sure wish there was some competition on here... :(

Still the best game ever even with no one playing

i-Jest

How active is this on ps3? Any good deals going for it in the psn.

I'd say you can still find people without difficulty. If your waiting for it to go on sale then your waiting a good while. I swear, it feels like Capcom only has a PSN sale like twice a year. Not sure if it was apart of there recent sale a few weeks back.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I'd say you can still find people without difficulty. If your waiting for it to go on sale then your waiting a good while. I swear, it feels like Capcom only has a PSN sale like twice a year. Not sure if it was apart of there recent sale a few weeks back.

It was on XBox. Take that for what it is. :p

Onemic

Ive bit the bullet and begun playing as my one most hated character in all of Street Fighter (Ken). Oddly his playstyle is very similar to my own

These arent related, only coincidental, but I noticed that the new arcadia tier list now has Ken as 2nd overall in the game, ahead of Yun. Heard it has something to do with Chun developing new tech against Yun that turned a once disadvantageous matchup into an advantage matchup for her.

um, which version of this do I buy?

Is the $3.99 version enough?

Do I need all those DLC packs?

it's confusing and sorry for having to ask, thanks!

petran79

Banned
3s runs like shit on FBA.

Once every few matches I get those horizontal lines all over the screen. They disrupt gameplay. Have to wait for next match for this to dissappear.

Too bad because online is better than 3S OE

Jojo runs fine though, despite using the same emulated hardware.

Onemic

Once every few matches I get those horizontal lines all over the screen. They disrupt gameplay. Have to wait for next match for this to dissappear.

Too bad because online is better than 3S OE

Jojo runs fine though, despite using the same emulated hardware.

That happens if you hold a button during the transition to a match, either during the character select screen or after you win/lose a round.

I hope that FBA gets updated eventually so that it fixes the problems it seems to have with 3S. OE is great, but I despise its shitty matchmaking.

Top Bottom