• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

Tizoc

SF4 Gouki's still defensive right?

3S Gouki's rushdown and offensive capabilities are so good. Kara Fwd+MP into Demon is pimpin', and bonus points if you ever manage to get the Ground punch reset down.

RS4-

Played some guy named streetfighterthegod and he's a rage quitting scrub.

Anyway got it on PSN now, is it supposed to freeze just a bit after every match while it saves?

LakeEarth

Anyway got it on PSN now, is it supposed to freeze just a bit after every match while it saves?
Yeah it does, it's pretty annoying. I'm surprised they didn't fix that in the patch.

Speaking of the patch, anyone else having trouble uploading replays to Youtube on the PS3? For some reason it always errors out on me when I put in my Youtube credentials.

I have this awesome moment I wanted to share where I was Dudley, he was Remy. I was down and living on a pixel when he threw some booms at me and taunted. I parry them, realize he taunted (one of the slowest in the game), dash up, and combo the rest of his life away. It was so awesome. What a bad choice.

I had another replay where, while jumping in, I catch a sweeping Akuma with Q. His health was literally at the U of his name, and it was gone in one combo (j.hk -> c.mk xx m.rush punch xx SA1). That crouching character damage bonus.

RS4-

Yeah it does, it's pretty annoying. I'm surprised they didn't fix that in the patch.

Speaking of the patch, anyone else having trouble uploading replays to Youtube on the PS3? For some reason it always errors out on me when I put in my Youtube credentials.

Well that's pretty shit about the save thing. I'll try the youtube one in a bit and see what happens.

Anyway here's my tag: resonating

Piccoro

I have this awesome moment I wanted to share where I was Dudley, he was Remy. I was down and living on a pixel when he threw some booms at me and taunted. I parry them, realize he taunted (one of the slowest in the game), dash up, and combo the rest of his life away. It was so awesome. What a bad choice.

I had another replay where, while jumping in, I catch a sweeping Akuma with Q. His health was literally at the U of his name, and it was gone in one combo (j.hk -> c.mk xx m.rush punch xx SA1). That crouching character damage bonus.

What an awesome fight that was, wow! Please try and upload it! :)
And yes, ever since the update, the post-match screen always hangs for a second or two. Everything else is much better, including the netcode.
I also went back to this game recently and I'm loving it. Was in a lobby of french people last night, and one of them was doing some insane juggle combos with Oro. That was real sick. I wish we had the option to save any replay you spectate.

Are Oro's other two SA's viable? Rocks are obviously used for chicken combos and what have you, but are the grab and energy ball useful at all?

RS4-

You can parry the oro unblockable. And the urien one. Push down.

The oro one is more biased toward him because of where to booger is, but you can get out. As for the aegis, you could parry then block, or parry your way out. I would.

LakeEarth

Hmm. That actually seems more useful for me than using the stones. Thanks for that.
I'm fine with the chicken combo, but using stones in it messes me up a lot of the time.

It's also good as a pressure tool. You can also chicken combo into the corner, end it with a c.fierce, cancel into ball and they'll fall onto it in the air. They can parry it, but then you smack them mid-parry. And if they parry that, you congratulate them after the match on a job well done.

I think stones are easier, but definitely try orbs out.

I'm not that great, but I use the booger ball when I play Oro. I can't even do the unblockables. I like having all the meter for ex moves and using the ball for chip and lockdown in the corners.

54-46!

Ah, the amount of money I would pay to see the all sprites redrawn in high quality similar to the original art...

http://steamboy33.deviantart.com/gallery/36226460

ken_third_strike_hd_by_steamboy33-d4tqnz9.gif

LakeEarth

Last night I had a Ryu down to a pixel with Q after a super 1, so he was across the screen. Normally in this situation a Q will rush punch his wakeup, but I anticipate his anticipation of this this and only let out a jab rush punch, so it only goes 1/3rd of the screen. He whiffs a EX SRK on reaction to the startup trying to punish it. Looked really funny.

Of course he should've just went to parry it, but whatever.

54-46!

dont get me wrong, these do look really great
but the "faked" animation is nowhere near as pretty as the real frames drawn in the actual game

i have no idea how long it would take to recreate the sprites properly in high res, but i'd imagine...long lol

I don't even want to know heh.

Yeah, it's not sprite-per-sprite animation, but still pretty cool.

Just watched this, pretty hilarious;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFPO9zhQd0g

Tizoc

Last night I had a Ryu down to a pixel with Q after a super 1, so he was across the screen. Normally in this situation a Q will rush punch his wakeup, but I anticipate his anticipation of this this and only let out a jab rush punch, so it only goes 1/3rd of the screen. He whiffs a EX SRK on reaction to the startup trying to punish it. Looked really funny.

Of course he should've just went to parry it, but whatever.

IIRC, even on Parry, you could react with SA1 again as Q and at worst, trade with him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mSZc3e2vhQ

LakeEarth

Fixed the problem I was having with uploading videos from the game to Youtube, here are some highlights I've mentioned earlier:

Sike! (at the end of the first round, fake rush punch makes opponent EX SRK it)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UHgTv-tIPc&t=44s

Taunt fail (end of first round, Remy's taunt sucks)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOyTffnm_XA&t=1m

Q damage + Akuma Life + Crouch damage bonus = hilarity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0VYOSMwvDI&t=1m

I wanted to call that video "K to the O", signifying that Akuma's life was at the K of "Akuma" and ended at zero, but it actually started at the M of Akuma's name. If he was first player, it would've been at the K.

Onemic

So I finally started doing some modding to my TE stick, and made this:

JuVYQJy.jpg

Here's the image file

Yeah, so modding is addictive! the last thing I want to do is order a white border to replace the red one that is on there now.

How did you print those? And did you make the image yourself? My stick is a HORI Fighting Edge and I've been interested in investing in some custom art for it for a while now. I just don't know where or how to start.

Also does anyone on this forum play this game? Seems the only way to find consistent matches is through GGPO.

oracrest

How did you print those? And did you make the image yourself? My stick is a HORI Fighting Edge and I've been interested in investing in some custom art for it for a while now. I just don't know where or how to start.

Also does anyone on this forum play this game? Seems the only way to find consistent matches is through GGPO.

I have access to an 11 x 17 printer, and used that. You could print it at kinked or any similar place though. Get an Xacto blade or hobby knife to cut out all the screw and button holes.

I found a template online to start with, and used photoshop to make the image. Just found a bunch of art for Hugo, and color modified them all to have the color scheme I use when I play. Make sure you use 300 dpi resolution, standard for print material. You'll need a 3m metric Alan wrench to take the face off. A few bucks at Home Depot...

i-Jest

Ok, I casually play 3rd strike from time to time. In my opinion I suck. I have a question for 3rd Strike GAF. How do you guys button map for ex moves? I inconsistently do it and not at the most opportune times. I'm playing on a PS3 if that helps.

Onemic

Ok, I casually play 3rd strike from time to time. In my opinion I suck. I have a question for 3rd Strike GAF. How do you guys button map for ex moves? I inconsistently do it and not at the most opportune times. I'm playing on a PS3 if that helps.

I have the same issue unfortunately. It's getting better, but it's still not 100% yet.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Buying this on Tuesday for the 360, definitely want to get some late-night tournaments going when I do. Is there anything like that right now in the board? Maybe do brackets and such? Prizes for top places depending on amount of players?

In the meantime, i will be brushing up my skills on GGPO :p

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
So... I own this now. When are we all going to get together for some games?

AlteredBeastGAF on XBL in case anyone wants to add me. I will be playing Tuesday night at around 1130 pm cst

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
11:30 PM CST XBox Live...be there or be doing something else!

Incidentally, I also picked up the SSFIV on Games with Gold and VF5:FS, so if anyone wants to dick around with someone who has no idea what they are doing on the latter two games, I am DOWN!

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Lol, just won 8 straight in a player match game and they kicked me from the lobby. Never going to improve if you only play with scrubs...

RS4-

I've got a month of live again courtesy of a friendly gaffer; if you guys want to play on live just send me a PM with your GT or something. Or post here.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I want to play. I am on every night from 11pm cst onward. I am hungry for games that aren't 90% shotos/10% Dudley or Oro. I swear, outside of the random Yun/Yang, it is like nobody plays with anybody else online...

Also, I want to see how much interest there would be in getting a tournament going. Double elimination, bracket style. I would pony up for tangible prizes, too, as long as others would. I am not some amazing player who thinks he can take on anyone, but I have a decent Q and a strong desire to play legitimate competition.

Can anyone help me with this problem? Last night I was playing local match with my nephews and whenever the match ended, when I went to character selection, it wouldn't let me select a character, instead it went straight to Super Art select. I've deleted the game, redownload it and also redownload the patch, it is still doing the samething. I've even went a put everything on default, same problem.

Onemic

Can anyone help me with this problem? Last night I was playing local match with my nephews and whenever the match ended, when I went to character selection, it wouldn't let me select a character, instead it went straight to Super Art select. I've deleted the game, redownload it and also redownload the patch, it is still doing the samething. I've even went a put everything on default, same problem.

If you won the game and you goes to character select, you cant select a new character, only a super art. The player that lost however, can. It's based on how it was in arcades.

LakeEarth

Last night I ran into someone with a 20% disconnect rate. I played him, and to no surprise he dropped just before the KO. I don't mind losing the points, seeing someone drop always makes me laugh. But 20%! Jesus. He's lucky I was even willing to play him.

And another video that was worth uploading. All 3 rounds go to the wire, all 3 rounds someone is near chip death, and for 2 out of the 3 something cool happens. The last one is a chip death.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHde4rglXis

Did you guys know that Hugo's SA3 beats Necro's SA1? The more you know.

Top Bottom