• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter surprise for PS3 users is...STREET FIGHTER ALPHA ONE! hey, come back!

Mamesj

Banned
I knew it would be some ps1 port.

and of course, gaf was expecting "OMG SF5 PS3 EXCLUSIVE ONLY WITH THE POWER OF THE CELL!!!!111"

Mamesj said:

and of course, gaf was expecting "OMG SF5 PS3 EXCLUSIVE ONLY WITH THE POWER OF THE CELL!!!!111"

Everyone knew it'd be some PS1 port, or maybe the SF2HD beta - no one was seriousley expecting a PS3 exclusive SF5 :lol

Mamesj said:

Why are you wasting you powers of prediction on the internet? :p Everyone was predicting somthing lame, and man did we get it.

Mamesj

Banned
BobTheFork said:
Why are you wasting you powers of prediction on the internet? :p Everyone was predicting somthing lame, and man did we get it.

Your day will be filled with chocolate and win!

Poimandres said:
Yeah, I've noticed this. It perplexes me no end. While I am a fan of Alpha 2- I just ultimately prefer the added combo potential to be found in Alpha 3. The play style in the two games is quite different, so surely they can both stand on their own merits?

No, I guess that is too much to ask for.

To be honest. I thought Alpha 3 was good but...personally, I prefered Alpha 2 for the graphics, music and the lack of weird air juggles and critical hits. I like Alpha 3 for the three isms and number of characters (PS3, Dreamcast and Saturn were cool because of the extra characters, world tour mode and custom characters).

Threi

notag
g35twinturbo said:
man I always played on the hardest difficulty and he use to whoop my ass with the Super Psycho Crusher that covers the whole screen.

SFA3 Bison is probably the most predictable Bison in the entire franchise. You could literally beat him with any character using nothing but HK :lol

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
In the arcades, I preferred SFA2 over all of 'em. For the home ports, I universally preferred SFA3 (especially the PSP version).

In any event, SFA1 is totally fucking worthless, IMHO.

Jim

As usual, most of you overthink shit.

SFA has literally been ready to be released for months. Of course that was going to be it (as many people said on the first couple of pages)

Doubledex

Banned
Mamesj said:

No, they were not! And you should stop with this shitty meme!

Sho Nuff

Banned
My favorite part of the Internet is when some poor PR schlub says "...and maybe there will be a surprise or two" and then message boards blow it out of proportion like "OH MY GOD MAYBE THE GAME WILL COME WITH A FULL REMAKE OF THE FIRST 4 GAMES IN THE SERIES WITH SUPER HD GRAPHICS AND ONLINE PLAY RUNNING AT 60FPS AND THE GAME'S DIRECTOR WILL COME OVER TO EVERYONE'S HOUSE AND MICROWAVE POPCORN AND TEACH YOU THE SECRET CODE THAT MAKES ALL THE CHARACTERS TOTALLY NAKED"

Baha

Are the load times improved since this will be running off the hard drive? Is it worth buying at all if I don't have the anthology ps2 collection?

Eiji

permutated said:
You mean...the game that came out BEFORE this one:

2490582230_84281c6b20.jpg

IC. IC. :lol

Some good load time cartridge gaming there!

Capcom should release SFIII:Triple Impact which has all three versions of SFIII, arcade perfect along with a copy of the Ryu Final graphic novel and a PS3 or Xbox version of those crappy SF Anniversary pads they came out with awhile ago.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I really wish the press would ask Capcom why they would release arguably the least fan-liked SF game (or least liked Capcom PS1 game?) on PSN...

solid2snake said:
wait, people are happy about this news? wasn't this known since months?

Happy?

Have you gone through the last couple of pages since it was revealed? Heck look at the thread title! :lol

At best a few people are compliant, but it's not exactly happy.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
permutated said:
This.

If we put up with two of these crappy titles we'll get the insanely good third one.

Stop bitching.
Bah, why would I want to support the crappy PS1 version? Just get them to port the superior Anthology versions over to PSN instead if you can't be bothered picking up the PS2 disc.

XiaNaphryz said:
Bah, why would I want to support the crappy PS1 version? Just get them to port the superior Anthology versions over to PSN instead if you can't be bothered picking up the PS2 disc.

I'm still trying to find Alpha 3 on the Dreamcast, having a really tough time.

[Nintex]

Bluemercury said:
CAn they give wii owners a bone or two, id like a 2d street fighter or even 3rd strike with some new characters Kthxbye.
The Wii owners get the bones and the PS3 owners the table scraps. I takes a while before the bones are thrown, but at least Wii owners have something to chew on.

LiK

Strider2K99 said:
Then there are no problems. :)

i know, i'm just saying that they should've release SFA2 or SFA3 instead. the sequels are much more fun and has so many more improvements over SFA1.

the SFA Antholgy ain't bad but people who don't have PS3s with BC can't play it. ;)

yurinka

LiK said:
i know, i'm just saying that they should've release SFA2 or SFA3 instead. the sequels are much more fun and has so many more improvements over SFA1.

the SFA Antholgy ain't bad but people who don't have PS3s with BC can't play it. ;)
Don't worry, they surelly will release the other SFA games.
I think they release SFA1 before the others. Because if they release first SFA3 nobody would buy later SFA1.

About SFA Anthology, remember Sony announced downloadable PS2 games for PS3/PSP in the future.

BTW I don't have a PS2 but I buyed SFA Anthology to play it in PS3. Guys, remember you can also use your original PSX games in your PS3.

Top Bottom