• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter surprise for PS3 users is...STREET FIGHTER ALPHA ONE! hey, come back!

The Take Out Bandit said:
At this point in time they're about equal for me. Each one is publishing precisely one game I give a shit about:

- Soul Calibur 4
- Street Fighter 4 (even if I still don't like the graphics)

Capcom lost their all access pass to my wallet at some point last generation, with all the shitty fucking Resident Evil based games, and unrelated games using a modified shitty fucking Resident Evil engine (Devil May Cry).

What the fuck does that got to do with anything? What does DMC do, set camera angles? That's it? Oh, the same engine and mechanics!!

zoku88 said:
But capcom doesn't nickel and dime. There aren't even any DLC for DMC4 and look how many there are for SC :D

Two?

One of which I don't need (shitty soundtrack, only music that matters is Edge of Soul).

You can bet your ass that is Capcom makes characters DLC for SF4, I'll gladly pay money to use R.Mika and Hugo. :D

EDIT: YOu don't care about Tekken? Or are you only talking about released games?

Tekken is shit.

At least SC4 is shit with glorious fleshy video game globes. :q

Barakov

haunts said:
not every announcement is earth shattering, guys.

Well we're hoping for something better than SF Alpha frickin' 1. Then again PSN, PS1 games and hope probably shouldn't be used in the same sentence.

Because first they'll hit you for SFA1. Then SFA2. Then SFA3. Then SFA Collection.

Did I miss any in between that they'll nickel and dime you for? :lol

SFA2Gold and SFA3Upper. :(

zoku88

Two?

One of which I don't need (shitty soundtrack, only music that matters is Edge of Soul).

You can bet your ass that is Capcom makes characters DLC for SF4, I'll gladly pay money to use R.Mika and Hugo. :D

Tekken is shit.

At least SC4 is shit with glorious fleshy video game globes. :q
I like Tekken :(

Is there really only two for SC? Wow.

permutated said:
You're the first person I've heard on this forum talking shit about Tekken, and I'm so glad, that franchise is stupidly overrated.

Wow, have you only been here a week or something? :)

I dunno, IMO Tekken is to Virtua Fighter; as Mortal Kombat is to Street Fighter. Always been that way, Tekken just got popular because it ran on shitty inexpensive Playstation based arcade boards and cost less to play. Oh, and it was more scrub friendly. BARF!

zoku88 said:
Is there really only two for SC? Wow.

For now.

I'm sure there will be more, and hopefully one of them contains an eyepatch for the women!

permutated said:
You're the first person I've heard on this forum talking shit about Tekken, and I'm so glad, that franchise is stupidly overrated.

If you throw in VF and SC too. All your favorite fighters are stupidly overrated.

That's right, I went there!

zoku88

shidoshi said:
If it makes you feel better, I'd rather play Tekken than Mortal Kombat. So, that's something, right?
I'm not sure how much you hate MK :(

I imagine you don't like it very much. :(

That's ok, I have SCIV and I'm currently not the biggest fan of it, so it all evens out.

kazuo

shidoshi said:
Sorry, but, I consider Alpha 1 and Alpha 3 to be on the same level. If we aren't getting Alpha 2, then it's a wash which one I'd rather have. (However, none of my wanting ever includes the PS1 versions.)

Props to Shido for knowing which of the three Alpha/Zero games is actually worth playing.

PROTIP: It's Alpha/Zero 2

And yeah, no one wants the crummy PS1 ports. Blech. Just emulate the CPS2 versions...

HomerSimpson-Man said:
What the fuck does that got to do with anything? What does DMC do, set camera angles? That's it? Oh, the same engine and mechanics!!

More like Suckcasm.

Sorry bootlicker, but it's an engine and game style I don't like Capcom recycling. Fixed camera angles are a detriment to any good action game. Especially fixed camera angles where shit obstructs your view of the action taking place.

Oh, and loading areas also blows nuts. Enter room. Clear room. Repeat. Booooooring.

Capcom was much better when they were rehashing the Street Fighter 2 and Final Fight game engines to make awesome more of the same, as opposed to suck more of the same. :D

kazuo said:
Props to Shido for knowing which of the three Alpha/Zero games is actually worth playing.

PROTIP: It's Alpha/Zero 2

QUOTE]

What? Not really. Alpha 2 is great and all- but the combo chaining in Alpha 3 is so damn satisfying.

permutated said:
Well, there is a Tekken Defense Force here for a reason. Hell if I know why, though. Makes about as much sense as a Madden Defense Force.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
it should have been street fighter III: 3rd strike HD remix with online play and a free joystick that wipes my ass for me. fuck you capcom.

Poimandres said:
What? Not really. Alpha 2 is great and all- but the combo chaining in Alpha 3 is so damn satisfying.

Apparently you aren't aware that SFA2 is the appropriate, almost politically correct choice when selecting an Alpha. There isn't a fighting game forum out there that doesn't ram that down your throat on any given day.

riskVSreward said:
Apparently you aren't aware that SFA2 is the appropriate, almost politically correct choice when selecting an Alpha. There isn't a fighting game forum out there that doesn't ram that down your throat on any given day.

Yeah, I've noticed this. It perplexes me no end. While I am a fan of Alpha 2- I just ultimately prefer the added combo potential to be found in Alpha 3. The play style in the two games is quite different, so surely they can both stand on their own merits?

No, I guess that is too much to ask for.

yurinka

At this point in time they're about equal for me. Each one is publishing precisely one game I give a shit about:

- Soul Calibur 4
- Street Fighter 4 (even if I still don't like the graphics)

Capcom lost their all access pass to my wallet at some point last generation, with all the shitty fucking Resident Evil based games, and unrelated games using a modified shitty fucking Resident Evil engine (Devil May Cry).
Looks like you never played a Devil May Cry or Resident Evil game.

Dizzan said:
Quoting myself from page 2 of the thread. :D

Yes I am gloating.
I am crying T_T
Why Capcom, why are you doing this to us ?
This is not a surprise at all. Surprise must be good news. What we have here is a trap !

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Nice Capcom! Only you made a spelling mistake. You typed "Alpha" when you really meant to type "3 - 3rd Strike".

Sho Nuff

Banned
vissione said:
Including fictional location(s) with up to 4 virtual arcade machines per floor.

I heard they were planning on doing it but with up to 3 virtual arcade machines per floor, and they saw your post and gave up :(

llTll

Banned
lol @ title change :lol

and uhh.. yeah. if someone buy this, then i wish he would regret it from the second he buy it till the rest of his life to the point he feel he want to kill him self. even if he paid 1$ for it :/

klee123

Lol, as if anyone didn't see it coming.

Seriously tho, what was Capcom thinking? The port was known to be horrid. They should have just ported the Arcade rom instead and I doubt it would have required any more work.

No_Style

Xav said:
Street Fighter Alpha 3 > Street Fighter Alpha 2 >>>>>>>>> Street Fighter Alpha

I agree. Although, the soundtracks and stages for SFA2 are some of the best of the series in my opinion.

yurinka

Sho Nuff said:
I remember the PSX port's awesome load times
In SFA3 or CvsSNK were awesome, but not in SFA1 as I remember.

BTW, I also think Tekken is shit compared to Street Fighter.

FightyF

Banned
Why not Arcade Perfect like MKII?

I think Sony should take the initiative, and get all of Capcom's arcade hardware perfectly emulated and then just do ROM dumps like Nintendo does for VC, and sell those. PSN, for better or for worse, doesn't have the same restrictions as Live (ie. must have better visuals, and stuff like online play would be considered a must). So use it as a strength and pop all of Capcom's arcade games there as is. I'd buy most of them with no hesitation, even if they were $10 a piece. If Capcom doesn't do it, Sony should just ask for their permission and give Capcom a fair cut, and go for it.

I don't know why I go for this sort of wishful thinking, I always make myself needlessly dissappointed.

atomico

sweet. that means I don't have to dig out my PSOne disc anymore whenever I want to play SFA1 again. oh, right, I haven't touched that game in 12 years, and probably never will

Wow, was Alpha really that bad? Only one I played was SFA2 on the Saturn and that was fucking awesome. What I really want is MvC2-HDR but I guess I'll have to settle for MvC3 in the Tatsu-whatever vs Capcom engine.

Might still buy this though, only fighters I own atm are MKII and Tekken DR. :(

You guys are acting like Capcom is forcing you to buy SFA. Sheesh. Cry babies. Its not like they didn't release a compilation for Alpha games on the PS2.

Top Bottom