• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V - June update new info

J 0 E

CkhIovGUUAERcsa.jpg:orig

Story Mode

The SFV Story Expansion is a 3~4 hour experience titled “A Shadow Falls” and will be released at the end of this month as free DLC to all SFV players. The 5 chapter story takes place between Street Fighter IV and Street Fighter III and bridges the events that happen in between the two stories. This is the first time in franchise history that fans will be able to play through this type of cinematic experience in a Street Fighter game.

All 6 characters are playable in Story Mode before release

The next related piece of awesome news: all six DLC characters are fully playable in the story mode. That’s right, in addition to Alex, Guile, and Ibuki, that means that Balrog, Urien, and Juri are also playable! The official release of these characters will not be until later in the year, which means everyone will get to play them in advance through this mode. For the DLC characters that haven’t been released at the time the story comes out, those characters shouldn’t be considered final or tournament ready, as they still need to be properly polished and balanced. So, think of this as a free preview of the characters and enjoy playing with them before they get officially released in the other competitive game modes.

Zenny currency is canceled

We have an important announcement regarding the in-game currency system. We will no longer be introducing Zenny to Street Fighter V as a real money currency option. After extensive testing and development, we came to the conclusion that it was not necessary in order to carry out our original vision for the product. Instead, we will be utilizing the PlayStation Store and Steam stores to carry out real money transactions.

Story Costumes

Story mode costumes will also be available for purchase this month, meaning you will no longer need to complete the Character Stories to gain access to the content. Story mode costumes can be purchased with either Fight Money or real currency.

content prices

q9I97sz.png

Future Content

Daily Challenges are currently being re-tooled and optimized for the game, and we will share the new timing of this feature as soon as we more details. The feature will now be called “Targets,” and they will still be daily goals for players to complete and generate Fight Money, which can be used to purchase in-game content like new characters and costumes. New single player modes including Extra Battle and Versus CPU are also in the works. We’ll share more details on these modes and features as soon as we can.

Blog

So, it looks like there will never be an arcade mode.

I guess that's ok though. They're working on Vs. CPU and the story mode actually looks better than I expected. Looking forward to jumping back into the game soon.

Sounds a lot more straight forward. I would eat episodic story content for the amazing/dumbness of a SF story.

edit; Daily goals?! Finally. I would spend 15-30 minutes a day to play/grind rewards.

Goodstyle

Most important information regarding the story mode IMO is playable villains.

FANG and Vega are playable in one of the pics, meaning this story mode won't be that awful MKX shit where you only play as heroes and the villains never win any fights.

Being able to play as all 6 characters is pretty crazy considering how they pushed back Ibuki, a single character, a whole month for polish.

convo

Hey the story mode got a bit longer since they last mentioned it, nice to see we get to see all the characters for now.

Pejo

Bummed that the challenges got pushed back again. That's what I really want at this point in the game. Prices seem fair-ish I guess.

J 0 E

Looks good. Hope they keep Guile and Alex free.

You have to buy them

the free trial period for Alex and Guile will come to an end as we previously had stated. Players will need to either obtain the characters through Fight Money, real money, or the season pass to continue using them after the update.

I havent played the game at all so correct me if I missed something but isn't this a huge slap in the face for people who earned Zenny in the game? All that currency is now worthless and they have nothing to show for it.

Or was Zenny never implemented to begin with?

Piccoro

Well, I'm going to hibernate until the end of June, it's the only way I'll contain all this hype.

See y'all later!

Syntsui

Good, they are actually communicating with us this time.

I havent played the game at all so correct me if I missed something but isn't this a huge slap in the face for people who earned Zenny in the game? All that currency is now worthless and they have nothing to show for it.

Or was Zenny never implemented to begin with?

It never existed.

"Daily challenges are being retooled."
Are there daily challenges now? I haven't played in a while but I don't remember there being daily challenges.

Being able to play as all 6 characters is pretty crazy considering how they pushed back Ibuki, a single character, a whole month for polish.

Playable only in story mode though, they'll probably be released near the end of the month just like all of the other characters.

Seik

Banned
I'm hyped, honestly!

It may seems short, but hell, it's the first real solid Story Mode in SF's history, that'll be a change from the post-arcade slides with three lines of text that made the story what it was all this time (excluding SFIV which has small animations.)

J-Skee

The money situation is much better. The PlayStation & Steam stores are going to be littered with a bunch of items now, but at least it's more straight forward.

Playsage

So Juri, Balrog and Urien playable in the Story Mode? Cool! I guess they won't be as polished and balanced as the other characters but at least we can have first impressions soon.

Unless there are other communication issues between Capcom US and Capcom Japan lol

FluxWaveZ

Wait, so, they're totally walking back the entire "You can earn DLC in-game" thing? Or am I misunderstanding?

The plans haven't changed at all in that context. Premium costumes were always going to cost real money and never be purchasable through Fight Money. That's the only thing that requires real money to purchase.

ethomaz

Banned
Like I said in another thread.

It is way better than my best expectations.

Now stop with SP and works on online netcode.

Wait, so, they're totally walking back the entire "You can earn DLC in-game" thing? Or am I misunderstanding?
Nothing changed at all except you will use directly real money instead to convert real money to zenny... everything else is unchanged.

No? You can totally earn everything in-between game still. The FM climb through just online matches is pretty steep, but the introduction of dailies is meant to fix that.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

Misunderstanding. There was going to be two ways to get the content. Pay for packages of "Zenny" aka premium currency, or earn fight money to get the content for free. They are killing off "Zenny" plans, instead having people purchase the content directly without the "premium currency" middleman AND are adding MORE ways to earn fight money.

Scotia

Banned

You can still buy stuff for free using fight money, but zenny has been cancelled so if you want to use real money you'll have to use the PSN store or the Steam store to buy it.

Top Bottom