• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V - June update new info

Gren

Judging by the hair physics, I'd say that they're rendered in real-time.

It would be neat if we could configure the character costumes per scene (i.e. have Necalli in his green Aztec gear like he has when he meets Sim/Ryu in the current story mode).

It's really because I don't want to look at New Ken's ugly hair throughout his scenes.

Dremark

Banned
Exactly. I dont understand why Capcom couldnt just throw 12 consecutive cpu fights at us and 2 or 3 pieces of art to work as an ending - just like they did with SF2 well over 20 years ago. It really bugs me. I would have bought SFV on day one with no apprehension, if arcade mode were present.

It looks like they thought survival mode was a suitable alternative.

Go only knows why they thought that though.

cordy

Banned
It's Capcom.

I mean they underestimated the single player needs from fans after Ono was asked all those questions about it during this game's development and after he said he knew what fans wanted lmao.

Westlo

This update better have a fucking region filter for battle lounges.

It also doesn't help that SFV doesn't have a special boss character I think? That's probably another reason why there was no point for an arcade mode.

Alpha 2 just used different characters as bosses.... like if they took that approach for this game... Necalli for Ryu, Ryu for Necalli, Bison for Nash etc.

Still it's not like it's hard to make a Shin Necalli for this game like they did in IV for Bison, Akuma, Gouken and maybe Oni (never played arcade mode in AE except for waiting for fights in arcades).

Permanent V-Trigger Mode, modify a few things and done.

Sounds pretty great, especially within this:

We have an important announcement regarding the in-game currency system. We will no longer be introducing Zenny to Street Fighter V as a real money currency option. After extensive testing and development, we came to the conclusion that it was not necessary in order to carry out our original vision for the product. Instead, we will be utilizing the PlayStation Store and Steam stores to carry out real money transactions.

I say, good, as that's what they should've done in the first place like with the SF IV series. A lot of people don't have time to rack up many Zenny's by playing the game for thousands of hours just to get what they want.

Neoxon

This update better have a fucking region filter for battle lounges.

Alpha 2 just used different characters as bosses.... like if they took that approach for this game... Necalli for Ryu, Ryu for Necalli, Bison for Nash etc.

Still it's not like it's hard to make a Shin Necalli for this game like they did in IV for Bison, Akuma, Gouken and maybe Oni (never played arcade mode in AE except for waiting for fights in arcades).

Again, it would be easier to just modify the Character Stories to be more Arcade Mode-esque. Just add random fights in between the story fights, 2/3 rounds. & a difficulty toggle.

I say, good, as that's what they should've done in the first place like with the SF IV series. A lot of people don't have time to rack up many Zenny's by playing the games for thousands of hours just to get what they want.
You're confusing Zenny with Fight Money. Zenny was the paid currency that you exchange real money for. Fight Money is staying as the free earnable currency that you can use for anything except Premium Costumes.

Raitaro

『Inaba Resident』;206248865 said:
The Capcom-Unity post not mentioning it at all has me a bit worried that it might be a story mode only thing for a while.

I believe Haunts did mention on Reddit (somewhere here) that there would be more details about the June update to share (before they will talk about future content - which was asked about by someone there). For now I choose to remain hopeful this is one of those yet to be talked about things ;-)

That said, it does indeed seem that these transitions are quite heavily tied to the story events and that this might be the reason for why they held back on them initially, either for spoiler reasons or because they were not ready yet (which might be more likely). Would be a waste if they don't update the stages with these new side sections imo but I guess that is too early to tell yet.

I really hope they're adding more stage transitions--but this one is kind of strange. No broken glass or crumbling cinder block? Just a sidewalk and then BAM! Bank lobby? I'm not putting my money there...

Man, this patch can't come fast enough.

Hmmm, maybe this is how it looks during the next round after you finished the previous one by smashing someone through the window that is normally there? In Bustling Side Street I don't think you see any debris from the door you smashed through the previous round so it could be similar to that, no?

gelf

Yeah Alpha 2 is my favourite game to just play through the arcade mode, I still do it every so often. That game didn't need a special boss character it just steadily increased the AI difficulty. I liked every character having their own final boss, the Sagat final fight against Ryu being a highlight.

They could just add rounds, more fights and better difficulty options to character stories and I'd be happy.

Acerac

Banned

I say, good, as that's what they should've done in the first place like with the SF IV series. A lot of people don't have time to rack up many Zenny's by playing the game for thousands of hours just to get what they want.

Why would anyone be excited that other players could no longer get the characters by playing the game?

I've never seen anyone celebrate a item changing from earnable in game to only purchasable with real money only before. It's especially strange when nobody was ever denied these characters even if they didn't pay fight money for them previously.

Hutchie

It also doesn't help that SFV doesn't have a special boss character I think? That's probably another reason why there was no point for an arcade mode.

It's even reflected in Tekken 7 arcade, if you opt to play local vs the CPU you only have like iirc 5 or 6 fights, with said last fight with Kazumi/Devil Kazumi. You have do have a mid boss in either Heihachi or Jin depending on your conditions met. And the AI for that is brain dead easy.

Tekken 7 is probably set to normal or easy.

Many a fighting game doesnt have a special boss character but what they could do is just have necalli in vtrigger mode for one full round or the whole match. If they implement it i hope its third strike style arcade mode

Ryu wonders what's going on in the sky. Stares directly at the sun.

I like to think this is less just nitpicking a minor plot contrivance, and more Ryu has a secret anti-blindness ability lol

Goodstyle

iwHBE40.png

FANG is the gift that keeps on giving in SFV.

Ryce

Apparently Combofiend teased that some of the Dolls are playable in story mode. They're probably just low effort Cammy clones, but still, that's pretty cool.

Apparently Combofiend teased that some of the Dolls are playable in story mode. They're probably just low effort Cammy clones, but still, that's pretty cool.

We know Decapre is in it. Juni probably got a NPC 3D model due to being part of Cammy's SFV story.

Based off the cameos and logic these are the possible season 2 characters

-Azam
-Ed
-Sakura
-Oro
-C Viper/Sean/Honda
-Akuma

nded

Was he the one with the teleport and if he beat you he'd send you through the mat/stage? Or was that the wraith??

I'd like Haggar of course, but Black Widow, El Stingray, Wraith, Rip Saber would be nice

Yeah, he's the teleport guy. Just look at his sweet mask and stance.

49LDyRF.gif

Yeah, he's the teleport guy. Just look at his sweet mask and stance.

49LDyRF.gif

He was also the Heel, which we don't have (Zangief, Laura, RMika and Alex would have to be faces right?)

would be fun.

----

If Viper makes it in, wouldn't Q be logical since she's currently investigating his appearances according to the SFV character profiles?

Why would anyone be excited that other players could no longer get the characters by playing the game?

I've never seen anyone celebrate a item changing from earnable in game to only purchasable with real money only before. It's especially strange when nobody was ever denied these characters even if they didn't pay fight money for them previously.

I didn't mean it that way.

Top Bottom