• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V - June update new info

Yogg

Wow, this all looks like they've been listening. I have nothing to nitpick about with those news, it's good news all around. I hope this update gives the game some of the traction it lost with the messy launch.

Raitaro

VS CPU is the thing I really want. I won't be getting much play out of story mode.

I'd like both personally.

Also, not to be the stage guy again, but I'm highly interested in what this pic might hint at in terms of them actually adding stage transitions to other stages:

sf5_016_cs1w1_1280x720.jpg

wbacon

Capcom USA
Well, downloaded the right driver. Nothing works. Guess I'm stuck with JoytoKey. This is ridiculous.

Have you looked at the system tray icon on the bottom right for the Madcatz applet? You'll need to tick the 'XInput Mode' toggle to ON. It's turned off by default.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Have you looked at the system tray icon on the bottom right for the Madcatz applet? You'll need to tick the 'XInput Mode' toggle to ON. It's turned off by default.

Is there still a plan to add support for direct input controllers? x360ce is working fine for me, but I'd still be happier without it.

The Orz

I'd like both personally.

Also, not to be the stage guy again, but I'm highly interested in what this pic might hint at in terms of them actually adding stage transitions to other stages:

sf5_016_cs1w1_1280x720.jpg

I really hope they're adding more stage transitions--but this one is kind of strange. No broken glass or crumbling cinder block? Just a sidewalk and then BAM! Bank lobby? I'm not putting my money there...

Man, this patch can't come fast enough.

jjasso21

From what I seen, it looks like a good update. Now I just have to practice to actually get good. Also as someone had mentioned earlier, stick support for PC would be great.

nded

I'm kind of curious about the Shadowloo goons. Maybe their move sets are entirely made up of recycled normals from SFIV or something.

Teepo671

Hmmm. I wonder how much longer we'll have to wait for these target challenges. I ran out of fight money ages ago buying those story mode costumes. Don't need it for characters since I have the season pass but I sure would love to grab a few more of the outfits and maybe some titles or something.

Hopefully it'll be ready with July's character launch.

I really hope they're adding more stage transitions--but this one is kind of strange. No broken glass or crumbling cinder block? Just a sidewalk and then BAM! Bank lobby? I'm not putting my money there...

Man, this patch can't come fast enough.

One thing to keep in mind is in the street stage that the breakable wall, when the next round starts, all the broken pieces dispensary, even though they are there on the floor when it breaks.

jett

D-Member
Everything about this story mode seems kinda awful, but you can't say they aren't trying. I wonder if they're just videos like MKX instead of being real-time.

Well, downloaded the right driver. Nothing works. Guess I'm stuck with JoytoKey. This is ridiculous.
After you download your drivers check on your windows bar's corner where you access your steam after you press close. The driver should be there. Right click and set it to xinput. Then it will work. I was playing ki earlier with my ps4 te2 on my PC.

Edit: glad to see your problem was solved.

Big0Bear

I like how story mode is referred to as "free DLC" that is just the rest of the game. I really do wish that the fight money could be used to but premium costumes too, I wouldn't have a problem with the vast amount of DLC if they did.

Neoxon

Everything about this story mode seems kinda awful, but you can't say they aren't trying. I wonder if they're just videos like MKX instead of being real-time.
Judging by the hair physics, I'd say that they're rendered in real-time.

lupinko

I like how story mode is referred to as "free DLC" that is just the rest of the game. I really do wish that the fight money could be used to but premium costumes too, I wouldn't have a problem with the vast amount of DLC if they did.

No, you can use fight money to buy everything BUT the premium costumes.

The premium costumes will always only be for real money.

Big0Bear

No, you can use fight money to buy everything BUT the premium costumes.

The premium costumes will always only be for real money.

I know that's what I mean. If I could buy everything with fight money I would be more willing to pay for costumes. In my eyes I'm will to pay for things that I don't have time to unlock rather than things I can only get with extra money

its funny how a basic mode for a modern fighting game is getting all this spotlight everywhere.

Next topic "arcade mode announced!"

What's wrong with getting spotlight? If people decides they wanna get hype about a " basic" mode then that's up to them. Unless you are speaking for yourself and not everyone.....

What's wrong with getting spotlight? If people decides they wanna get hype about a " basic" mode then that's up to them. Unless you are speaking for yourself and not everyone.....

im speaking for myself for sure, I dont want to impose my opinion to anyone. Dont get me wrong, for me this is the best street fighter ever made.

I would trade this story mode thing with a simple arcade mode with a few panels of dialogue.

Exactly. I dont understand why Capcom couldnt just throw 12 consecutive cpu fights at us and 2 or 3 pieces of art to work as an ending - just like they did with SF2 well over 20 years ago. It really bugs me. I would have bought SFV on day one with no apprehension, if arcade mode were present.

FSLink

Banned
Exactly. I dont understand why Capcom couldnt just throw 12 consecutive cpu fights at us and 2 or 3 pieces of art to work as an ending - just like they did with SF2 well over 20 years ago. It really bugs me. I would have bought SFV on day one with no apprehension, if arcade mode were present.

They didn't think it was important enough, and were clearly wrong, but I don't think we can expect them to delay this Story mode for a classic mode they likely only started working on pretty recently. Hopefully we'll get a Classic Arcade mode soon enough.

KingBroly

Banned

Well...they don't have Best-of-3 fights for the CPU in the game yet.

lupinko

It also doesn't help that SFV doesn't have a special boss character I think? That's probably another reason why there was no point for an arcade mode.

It's even reflected in Tekken 7 arcade, if you opt to play local vs the CPU you only have like iirc 5 or 6 fights, with said last fight with Kazumi/Devil Kazumi. You have do have a mid boss in either Heihachi or Jin depending on your conditions met. And the AI for that is brain dead easy.

Top Bottom