• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V - June update new info

Versus CPU! Yes!

Yeah, I'm a terrible player and hate playing online because I never win. Just give me a decent CPU and I'll have fun for months learning how to beat it.

Also, the other updates are pretty good too. It looks like they're finally fixing this mess.

Pompadour

Wait, so, they're totally walking back the entire "You can earn DLC in-game" thing? Or am I misunderstanding?

No, that hasn't changed at all. The only difference is before the plan was for you to buy fake money off the PS Store to buy DLC in game. Now you're just buying the DLC off the PS Store.

convo

BTW, Lord Haunts (Capcom guy) has been taking to reddit to give more info about SF5's development and upcoming plans:

https://www.reddit.com/user/hauntsxl

Capcom really IS trying to communicate more, and it's starting to show.

Most people don't understand that backing out was never an option capcom had, even if they screwed up with their priorities at launch, not supporting this game was never a thing that was allowed to happen because they hold their own goddamn tournaments and players would give them an earful about shortcomings 24/7 for the next decade.

Sheesh, what does Capcom have against Arcade Mode? It's nice that they are finally adding the vs CPU mode that should have been at launch, but they seem to be totally ignoring the backlash of not having an Arcade Mode in a series where every single previous game has had an Arcade mode.

Femto.

$4 per premium costume, holy crap.

I'm hoping they sell them in bundles at a discounted price.

Otherwise, better communication this time around. Now they have to remain consistent.

KingJ2002

Cinematic Mode w/ character previews, Extra Mode (IDK what this is), Versus CPU, Daily Missions... that’s a pretty hefty update from Capcom Unity!

I wish they would just call "Versus CPU" arcade mode but I suppose they will throw this into the Versus menu so they don't have to alter the main menu UI... which should be updated.

There's a lot of potential to showcase the community (streams, highlights, etc), show daily / weekly challenges, and provide news updates to all players... not just the select few that visits the blog.

The current main menu doesn't do that... it's actually pretty stale and probably hurts engagement.

They should definitely look into a UI refresh in the future...

as for the premium DLC costume prices... they'll drop eventually :)

KingBroly

Banned
Cinematic Mode w/ character previews, Extra Mode (IDK what this is), Versus CPU, Daily Missions... that’s a pretty hefty update!

I wish they would just call "Versus CPU" arcade mode but I suppose they will throw this into the Versus menu so they don't have to alter the main menu UI... which should be updated.

There's a lot of potential to showcase the community (streams, highlights, etc), show daily / weekly challenges, and provide news updates to all players... not just the select few that visits the blog.

The current main menu doesn't do that... it's actually pretty stale and probably hurts engagement.

They should definitely look into a UI refresh in the future...

as for the premium DLC costume prices... they'll drop eventually :)

Versus CPU is not in this update. Neither is Daily Missions

vg260

$4 per premium costume, holy crap.

I'm hoping they sell them in bundles at a discounted price.

Yup. It's nuts. Ultra had 5-costume bundles for $4 and a 44 costume bundle for $20. I cant believe the costumes are that much more labor intensive to create in SFV.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Yup. It's nuts. Ultra had 5-costume bundles for $4 and a 44 costume bundle for $20. I cant believe the costumes are that much more labor intensive to create in SFV.

Like all things for SFV... don't go by previous games. The MT and DLC costume game has changed. =P

fader

WHY IS URIEN WEARING CLOTHES

rwfSOVt.gif

Chill....

_jnup

Can I buy colors? I don't want to play through survival mode for each costume to unlock more colors.

Sheesh, what does Capcom have against Arcade Mode? It's nice that they are finally adding the vs CPU mode that should have been at launch, but they seem to be totally ignoring the backlash of not having an Arcade Mode in a series where every single previous game has had an Arcade mode.

I don't think they're ignoring feedback, but a decent arcade mode would take a bit of time to create. Vs. CPU can be released much quicker.

I honestly don't think we're going to ever get an arcade mode but if we do, it won't be until next year.

SF5 also has free costumes.

Ultra had ZERO free costumes.

Don't leave out vital details.

Xeteh

I'm really surprised they didn't axe the Zenny stuff earlier, seemed like it was holding them back when the option for PSN/Steam store microtransactions would have been far easier.

This update sounds pretty awesome though.

Skab

Im not a tech savvy but dont you need some sort of cloth PhysX tech for the suit to rip like that? I dont think Capcom can pull it off, hopefully they prove me wrong.

Don't need that if it flies off as part of his v trigger animation.

Moaradin

I\m not a tech savvy but don\t you need some sort of cloth PhysX tech for the suit to rip like that? I don\t think Capcom can pull it off, hopefully they prove me wrong.

They can cleverly hide the transition with the V Trigger activation. Similar to how Necalli grows his super saiyan hair.

Neoxon

I'm liking the new way of communication that Capcom's going for. Can't wait for the June update.

Philippo

Is it possible they'll keep on extending the Story Mode in the future?
Like, a Season 2 next year where it's actually events from SFV.

Berordn

I\m not a tech savvy but don\t you need some sort of cloth PhysX tech for the suit to rip like that? I don\t think Capcom can pull it off, hopefully they prove me wrong.

If it's a prepackaged animation, you don't need anything. There's also a good chance that the art only depicts him as he appears in cutscenes, so the only time to start panicking is when you see screenshots of him in game.

Pompadour

Is it possible they'll keep on extending the Story Mode in the future?
Like, a Season 2 next year where it's actually events from SFV.

Ono said he'd like to do that if people respond well to this one. This comment was pre-launch, though.

They could only do it if people paid for it.

tskeeve

Whoa, looks great. As a casual SF fan, this single-player content is enough to get me to take a second look. Gimme a $30 pricepoint + SP content and I will snatch this up immediately.

Mupod

Was not expecting playable Urien. Give it to me, now!

Here's hoping the story mode actually has some challenge to it unlike the current pushover AI.

The lack of daily challenges is my biggest disappointment so far - I thought we were getting them with Alex. When I have an excuse to load up the game I usually put in a good amount of time. Lately I've had no reason to play.

Vice

Whoa, looks great. As a casual SF fan, this single-player content is enough to get me to take a second look. Gimme a $30 pricepoint + SP content and I will snatch this up immediately.
It drops to that price on A,azon and some other storefronts pretty often. It's $40 on psn this week.

Moaradin

I hope this Story Mode has a good boss version of Bison and/or Necalli. That's the one thing I miss from Arcade Mode.

Dizzy-4U

Don't need that if it flies off as part of his v trigger animation.
They can cleverly hide the transition with the V Trigger activation. Similar to how Necalli grows his super saiyan hair.
If it's a prepackaged animation, you don't need anything. There's also a good chance that the art only depicts him as he appears in cutscenes, so the only time to start panicking is when you see screenshots of him in game.
Gotcha. Totally forgot about Necalli;s hair.

Top Bottom