• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V - June update new info

Skab

Sean in the story mode.

Zx26QlO.jpg

qcf x2

What was the point of the zenny shop experiment again? So Capcom wouldn't have to share profits with Sony (who helped fund the game) and Steam? Or some other reason? Glad they sacked up and canned it, it was wasting resource time and probably contributed to missing schedule targets.

No mention of building out CFN so it's any sort of useful, that's disappointing. Shouldn't be that hard to install an in-game messenger with basic functionality like chat, favorites, who's online, etc.

On a less negative tone, I wonder if the story going live and canonically bridging the gap between SFV and SF3 will have an impact on who we see added to the roster, at least in the near future.

Pompadour

What was the point of the zenny shop experiment again? So Capcom wouldn't have to share profits with Sony (who helped fund the game) and Steam? Or some other reason? Glad they sacked up and canned it, it was wasting resource time and probably contributed to missing schedule targets.

No mention of building out CFN so it's any sort of useful, that's disappointing. Shouldn't be that hard to install an in-game messenger with basic functionality like chat, favorites, who's online, etc.

On a less negative tone, I wonder if the story going live and canonically bridging the gap between SFV and SF3 will have an impact on who we see added to the roster, at least in the near future.

Zenny was to encourage people buying digital currency in bulk to "save" money because the larger packs offered bonus Zenny.

RedAssedApe

Banned
speaking of dropping things...

have the stats in your CFN profile ever worked? they might as well drop that section as well and clean things up. waste of space imo as most of that stuff doesn't seem like useful info

Nyx

Sounds pretty good, definitely will play the story mode and perhaps it will get me back into online games as well.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

Obscuring the amount of money people are spending by having it go through a non-intuitive ratio conversion is a classic way of sleazing customers out of a bit more money. Think back to MS points.

They can also sell Zenny (or whatever currency) in denominations that don't divide evenly into whatever you purchase, so you have a little left over, incentivizing further spending because you don't want to waste that dollar or whatever is left in your account.

qcf x2

I'm not ashamed to admit that I think V-Trigger stripping would be incredibly bad ass.

Oh yeah, can you imagine throwing his projectile upwards and doing the V-trigger right before the opponent jumps into it for a KO? So flashy.

Zenny was to encourage people buying digital currency in bulk to "save" money because the larger packs offered bonus Zenny.

Obscuring the amount of money people are spending by having it go through a non-intuitive ratio conversion is a classic way of sleazing customers out of a bit more money. Think back to MS points.

They can also sell Zenny (or whatever currency) in denominations that don't divide evenly into whatever you purchase, so you have a little left over, incentivizing further spending because you don't want to waste that dollar or whatever is left in your account.

How does this compare to, say, Warframe? I'm pretty sure Warframe on PS4 takes you to PSN to make the actual purchase of poorly ratio converted in-game currency. That's why I figured this might have been Capcom trying to not share profits.

DedValve

Banned
That will be his story costume and you will have to fight money for it

Watch

I will pay whatever amounts capcom deems necessary to strip the male fighters. WHATEVER AMOUNTS CAPCOM. All of the amounts.

Just lemme see dem 6packs and nips.

Sean looks really muscular/wider, I remember him being slimmer in 3.

Village

I will pay whatever amounts capcom deems necessary to strip the male fighters. WHATEVER AMOUNTS CAPCOM. All of the amounts.

Just lemme see dem 6packs and nips.

There was a considered alt for ryu and ken in 4 that was just tight mma shorts ken got it but had a tank top.

I would buy that outfit again

speaking of dropping things...

have the stats in your CFN profile ever worked? they might as well drop that section as well and clean things up. waste of space imo as most of that stuff doesn't seem like useful info
You're questioning that your attacks land 0% of the time?

I hope Bison or Necalli is extra ridiculous boss battles in the story mode, I miss playing against a cheap boss at the end.

Sounds good, but I really wish Dailies would come soon, I need that 1 mil FM. Only way for me to get it now is to play as characters I don't like. Need 300k

qcf x2

You're questioning that your attacks land 0% of the time?

I remember people being hyped to see how many times pressing light punch resulted in a hit. When the field of analytics is misunderstood.... all I wanted was win ratios by matchup, which SF4 had many years ago.

Village

He looks smaller as he should be. Sean in 3 just shared ryu's and kens sprite but a lot of his art shows him much skinnier and younger looking.

I think its more reflective of that.

Sheesh, what does Capcom have against Arcade Mode? It's nice that they are finally adding the vs CPU mode that should have been at launch, but they seem to be totally ignoring the backlash of not having an Arcade Mode in a series where every single previous game has had an Arcade mode.

Most of the previous games were released when arcades were relatively common. At a time when most people had to go to the arcade to play the latest and greatest version of Street Fighter, that is obviously not the case anymore. Even during SF IV, there were a lot of players who didn't know why arcade mode was called 'arcade mode', because they didn't know what an arcade was.

qcf x2

nononononononononNONOnoNONO

NOOOOOO

He's looking at himself. Capcom going deep. Seriously, I don't think he looks that bad, just doesn't look like what I expected after the awesome non-Bengus art. Will laugh until it hurts if he's practicing his shot in story mode and just gets Mutombo'd out of nowhere by another character.

I never understood in the first place why they wanted to do the Zenny thing instead of normal Steam/PSN sales. The name was cute, I guess, but was there some other advantage?

I'm mad we still don't have daily challenges, the existing game is already filled with content I can't earn enough Fight Money to actually buy, but otherwise this sounds like a pretty good (if unsurprising) update. The higher difficulty option is the only non-obvious news, but the story mode being possibly worth replaying is cool.

qcf x2

Maybe it's like a story mode costume?

It's also the worst possible frame to choose. In the 10 min clip posted after, you see Sean and he looks much better. Legitimately good imo. I'd even say better than SF3 Sean, at least facially. He looks like he'd visually stand out from Ryu/Ken, looks afro brazilian without looking like a caricature.

Hopefully you can adjust rounds and difficulty, I want to mess around with the new characters more than a few single matches.

Also can we get a turbo mode Cap!

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
How does this compare to, say, Warframe? I'm pretty sure Warframe on PS4 takes you to PSN to make the actual purchase of poorly ratio converted in-game currency. That's why I figured this might have been Capcom trying to not share profits.

I have zero experience with Warframe. Your suspicion could very well be correct, in addition to the other reasons people use proprietary currency.

Hopefully you can adjust rounds and difficulty, I want to mess around with the new characters more than a few single matches.

Also can we get a turbo mode Cap!

Sounds like it's 1 round fights and there are 2 difficulty options. It would be cool if they included a "restart fight" option so you could easily play as a DLC character for a stretch of time, but you'll probably just have to lose the fight on purpose if you want to replay.

Top Bottom