• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT| No Options to Select

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR2K

Banned
Game is so amazing. Getting matches non stop, all great. Hot Chun C5 is soo good. Relearning Chun, godlike normals.

TheRed

Hey guys if anyone is a noob like me and just learning with Ryu, keep at it! I was getting destroyed and was stuck at 0 lp but I've started to have success finally and it feels so good. Actually made it to bronze and at 750 lp.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think I'm done for awhile. Need to give the game time actually fix their matchmaking. Tired of almost getting perfected because I'm forced into fighting experienced players. I'm learning nothing, hell I'm not even playing at this point.

Battle lounge doesnt work for you? The best way to play is against people near your skill level, and plenty of gaffers are new to the genre or series

wait wait wait, I know I don't get any fight money for losing a ranked match, but I only get 50 fight money for winning a match?

5u69LPe.gif

Fucked me up bad today. You only get any real money if you level up.

Was it really bad or manageable? Weird cause it felt like it was starting to get worse for me near the end. I would see myself start throwing you but then it techs lol, but it wasn't so bad where we were teleporting or anything.

Rashid's ex air dash thing is really fast. Was trying to find ways I could actually punish it.

At the beginning it was really bad, but oh well, still got bodied.

Yeah I think it's safe on block

chronosic

MP and MK? His jump? I might have mashed that a couple times, but it didn't seem to work. If it's got enough speed, that's a good idea, I'll practice that, thanks!
Yeah, his v skill is useful if you're not being pressured. But if they're on top of you in the corner, forward+all 3 punches after a block will get you of there (if you have a bar of v gauge that is).

Enilced2

I do not get match making at all in this. Oh this guy is rookie league and has 0 LP. Let's match him with someone in super bronze with 1300 LP. Jesus I've only managed to eek out a win in 7 matches of my first 60.... Love fighting games but they do not love me back sigh

I think I'm done for awhile. Need to give the game time actually fix their matchmaking. Tired of almost getting perfected because I'm forced into fighting experienced players. I'm learning nothing, hell I'm not even playing at this point.
Play casuals, or better yet wait for the lounge to work and invite someone.

I'm on most nights and pretty solid intermediate player, can show u basics and definitely get you to beat the scrubs in bronze.

OmniCloud

Big Brett

Great, just experienced my first ever rage quit. How'd he even do it that fast. Probably Alt-F4. Guess his 300 LP was precious >_<. I'm at that too, btw.

Played one battle lounge with a friend on the East Coast and the connection was pretty good. This game controls so good. I can't really explain it, but it feels so good on a FC4 pad. Will play/train some more this weekend and work on the single for Fight Money for Alex next month. Then will probably do Casuals. Maybe Ranked later on if I get good enough.

OH as Ryu, how do you do a crouching HP XX H Shoryuken? I keep getting a super.

Stantron

it makes no sense lol considering they want the online play to be the thing people keep with over the next few years.

If losses gave fight money, I'd imagine people would try to exploit it by going AFK to slowly accumulate it. That wouldn't be fun for those trying to play.

farisr

Played my first set of ranked matches just to see. Played 3 won all of them. Last one was pretty much in slow motion throughout. I felt bad, cause I was ryu and resorted to shoryuken spamming near the end. LOL.

Got the 3 wins in a row trophy though, I had the thought in my head "hmmm... maybe I should go for a platinum" Checked out the trophies, saw the golden league and the survival mode ones and went NOPE.

Hey guys if anyone is a noob like me and just learning with Ryu, keep at it! I was getting destroyed and was stuck at 0 lp but I've started to have success finally and it feels so good. Actually made it to bronze and at 750 lp.

Just picked up the game today and damn, I'm the worst of the worst. Just gonna push along and hope for the best. Having a lot of fun but damn am I bad. I'll get good some day.

I was getting beat pretty bad as Mika until I lost a battle against a Rashid because I accidentally jumped when I meant to do a combo that would kill him. Infuriated, I switched from using the cruddy 360 pad's d-pad to the analogue stick in the vague hope it'd solve all the random jumping the d-pad was causing me to do... and then got a 3 win streak immediately after I did so :p

I'm kind of surprised it took me this long to check how the mic taunt works... up until now I had no idea it was in binary steps (aka you only get a damage up for the initial start plus more for each 'boom' effect you reach) so I guess I'll stop holding out for longer than I need to in future (aka instant mic toss if I don't think I'll reach the first boom so I at least get the start-up bonus :3 )

At first I was kinda irked that she's more a combo character than a grappler but with some mic work you can almost treat her like one, if you can work around her grabs being slower than other command grabs, but that's nothing a bit of mind games won't fix and she's full of those :p

SRTtoZ

I remember them saying the touchpad was going to reset training mode but in my game its L3, and very fucking annoying if turned on.

I remember them saying the touchpad was going to reset training mode but in my game its L3, and very fucking annoying if turned on.

It's something you have to turn on in one of the options menus on the Main Menu. It works really well too. You can click on left, middle, or right and have it quick reset you there.

webkatt

Thanks all!

Last question. Has Capcom said anything about unlocking colors for different costumes? I noticed with Bison that I have to play survival twice to unlock colors for his default costume and his battle costume.

It's going to be a huge times sink if we have to play survival for each dlc/premium/story costume to unlock colors. I wouldn't mind as much but you don't get any fight money for doing so.

def sim

Getting banned from Floe's chat because I wasn't a fan of the gamergate nonsense some of the people in chat were talking about. Geez that's the kind of shit that makes people side eye the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom