• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V patch releasing March 28th, Alex on the 30th, more info

The Hermit

I wasn't aware of this. Whatever happened to "everything being earned with in-game FM"?

I understand Capcom's need for this, but I'm not sure milking the smaller-than-projected fanbase is a good for retention and longevity of the game.

whoa this is bulshit

I am gonna Garret Hawke the shit out of my version if thats the case

skelekey

I really don't like this new Alex design. I was going to attempt to learn him, but now I'm not so sure. The painted on pants over weird looking legs just aren't working for me. I don't know, he looked so bad ass in 3 but now something looks off.

See me!!! FT5!
I'm not Count. I would get curb stomped 5-0.
Stomps are hype, but I'm curious about it's tracking capabilities. In 3S EX stomp tracked from full stage distance. People are going to get wrecked if he can track even from 75% distance.
Man... Capcom... what are you doing?!

They had their chance to put out an Alex trailer at Final Round or NCR... but they wait for data mined videos first? The hype is sooooo deflated at this point.

feelsbadman
Alex looks AMAZING in motion. What was Capcom thinking just releasing the screen shots? They could have gotten people so hyped for him with a trailer...
They wouldn't be Capcom if they didn't mess up on the basics.
RIP spiral DDT :'(
Spiral DDT would have been a nice V-Reversal. I'm going to miss using his st.mk and elbow slash. Those moves had far more utility.
Holy crap Alex has some really long arms!
Play baskeball with 6'6" dudes and you'll know this is normal lol.
Alex looks cool but those pants are some ugly shit.
He needs good alts really bad. Only Ken has it worse.
I really don't like this new Alex design. I was going to attempt to learn him, but now I'm not so sure. The painted on pants over weird looking legs just aren't working for me. I don't know, he looked so bad ass in 3 but now something looks off.
Alex had the mean V-taper/Superman build going in 3S. They definitely added some chunk to his legs. Guess that makes sense. How else is a dude his size going to jump 10 feet high and 20 feet in length.

WAH!

He looks like shit but watch the bit of gameplay that's out there, dude is an absolute monster.

Subaru

Wow since the patch I got HUGE loading screens to comeback to menu (after an online battle) or to get into the fight/character select screen.

SFV always had huge loadings, but it is insane now. Anyone have this problem?

Village

* I wonder what the shit ken alt everyone is talking about*

* Finds it and its amazing *

What?! I'll main the shit out of that.

Moaradin

Wow since the patch I got HUGE loading screens to comeback to menu (after an online battle) or to get into the fight/character select screen.

It's the servers getting hammered right now. Loads take longer in this game when servers are acting up.

Alchemist

Yeah load times are even worse now.

mekes

* I wonder what the shit ken alt everyone is talking about*

* Finds it and its amazing *

What?! I'll main the shit out of that.

Haha. On first sight I was cursing that Ken got a rubbish alt, but it grew on me real real fast. I will pick that over the standard costume, and really looking forward to seeing how it looks in different colors!

Village

Why is his design so bad in this game? I'm fine with literally everyone else, but Alex just looks awful. His body looks like a foam muscle suit, his face and hair look trollish, and his dirty ripped green jeggings don't even make sense.

Yo the alt with the hat should have been his main outfit.

LiK

Why is his design so bad in this game? I'm fine with literally everyone else, but Alex just looks awful. His body looks like a foam muscle suit, his face and hair look trollish, and his dirty ripped green jeggings don't even make sense.

make you buy his SFIII costume.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
They said anything gameplay-related can be earned for free.

They never said "everything"

They said gameplay content would always be FM... cosmetics were always fair game to be Zenny only.
Interesting. "Gameplay related" in a fighting game can only mean characters, understandably. But anything less than that is considered cosmetic— stages, BGM, colors, costumes, etc.

I liked the idea of FM when it was going to be the F2P-like tool sustaining my interest/engagement, but if they end up exploiting "premium/Zenny only content" my time with the game will be shorter than I planned.

I'll wait and see.

Spman2099

I wasn't aware of this. Whatever happened to "everything being earned with in-game FM"?

I understand Capcom's need for this, but I'm not sure milking the smaller-than-projected fanbase is a good for retention and longevity of the game.

They have been extremely transparent about the model since the beginning. Fight money will be able to be used to buy everything gameplay related. Some people started stretching this to mean stages and costumes, but it was pretty obvious from the start that those things are purely aesthetic.

Interesting. "Gameplay related" in a fighting game can only mean characters, understandably. But anything less than that is considered cosmetic— stages, BGM, colors, costumes, etc.

I liked the idea of FM when it was going to be the F2P-like tool sustaining my interest/engagement, but if they end up exploiting "premium/Zenny only content" my time with the game will be shorter than I planned.

I'll wait and see.

Of course, they were going to keep paying people to churn out content for the game, and every single piece of it that anyone would actually care about would be free. That is completely reasonable.

The actual characters can be purchased with in-game currency. That is amazing. People always want more, though. Even when it defies logic.

Bye bye, Jin.

Momentary

Banned
Laura looks bad ass to me. I would have been good with maybe the pants being super short MMA tights instead of just straight up boy cut underwear.

Still looks awesome though.

Mizerman

Rashid's costume. A Middle Eastern man dressed as Aladdin/Stereotypical Genie. Are you fucking kidding me?

You're surprised that SF does stereotypes?

Capture.PNG

cwistofu

Rashid's costume. A Middle Eastern man dressed as Aladdin/Stereotypical Genie. Are you fucking kidding me?

Guile. Rufus. Dhalsim. Balrog. DEEJAY. Gief. Honda.

Have you just never been exposed to Street Fighter before?

EDIT: Also Juri because all Korean girls are batshit insane. Source: I'm Korean.

Top Bottom