• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V patch releasing March 28th, Alex on the 30th, more info

I assure you, we never asked for this shit. All we want is VS CPU.

I assure you that you are incorrect. The amount of crying around here and steam hit all time highs on the internet.

If all you wanted was VS CPU, than survival would of been enough since all it is VS CPU. We all know survival wasn't enough. Let's be real here.

KAL2006

Banned
I see, thanks for the advise. I'll just go and read up and try learn what these fundamentals are. As for the June update, why are they waiting til then to release this stuff? What is even being released?

I personally say just buy it. You have 2 to 3 months till June Story mode update. You have story mode and trials to dip into. The character demonstrations should also help. You can work towards unlocking Alex and the 2nd DLC character before June update as well as unlocking some other stuff like costumes. Also the benefit of getting it now is you learn the game with everyone else. Also you never know Daily Challenges may also come before the June update.

Why? Trials teach you more than v.s. CPU ever will, and the trials are shit.
They are not interested in learning the game mechanics. If they wanted that they would be happy with what we have right now. Playing people online and spending time in practice mode is the best way to get better. If all one wants to do is play CPU that's fine too. But atm moment this game unfortunately is not for them. They should check back at a later date imo.

thelastword

Banned
Quitting after a runback to tie it at 1 is a dick move.
Lol, a guy beat me the first game but the hopping was so bad, I slaved through the other match to get my points back, but I didn't play him the third round on an inconsistent connection. I think the option is a good thing, it's better to voluntarily bow out than to quit, not that I've ever would or have, but choice is a good thing.

Pompadour

Ya the trials are pretty bad, they're like the stuff you find the first day you play the game. So nothing interesting or optimal.

I think they're fine. They are clearly designed to teach you various mechanics from extreme beginner stuff like landing cancels jump attack animation, special canceling, super canceling, VT canceling, and juggling. None of that stuff is obvious to people who don't play fighters.

Ferrio

Banned
I think they're fine. They are clearly designed to teach you various mechanics from extreme beginner stuff like landing cancels jump attack animation, special canceling, super canceling, VT canceling, and juggling. None of that stuff is obvious to people who don't play fighters.

Saying they "teach" it is being generous. Ya, they expose some stuff people might not be aware of but they don't really teach you why it works that way.

Pompadour

Saying they "teach" it is being generous. Ya, they expose some stuff people might not be aware of but they don't really teach you why it works that way.

You're right. I haven't gone through the actual Tutorials but I assume they cover that stuff better even if it's non-interactive. It'd be nice if they had a tutorial like GGXrd's.

Kalor

I wish the trials explained how to pull off the combos a bit better. It took me a while to realize that I should do the next motion for a move while the current animation was playing. I just thought that my execution wasn't fast enough until I did it by mistake.

I assure you that you are incorrect. The amount of crying around here and steam hit all time highs on the internet.

If all you wanted was VS CPU, than survival would of been enough since all it is VS CPU. We all know survival wasn't enough. Let's be real here.

Survival is enough? What if I want proper best of 3 round matches vs CPU with selectable stage and opponent and difficulties etc? You know like every sf before 5 had in main menu

Survival is enough? What if I want proper best of 3 round matches vs CPU with selectable stage and opponent and difficulties etc? You know like every sf before 5 had in main menu

He clearly states that survival isn't enough. He most likely agrees with you and was just pointing out that people were asking for more than just vs cpu.

Hex

Banned
I personally say just buy it. You have 2 to 3 months till June Story mode update. You have story mode and trials to dip into. The character demonstrations should also help. You can work towards unlocking Alex and the 2nd DLC character before June update as well as unlocking some other stuff like costumes. Also the benefit of getting it now is you learn the game with everyone else. Also you never know Daily Challenges may also come before the June update.

PLUS as I forgot to mention in my previous reply you will also be racking up fight money the whole way along.

Hex

Banned

Yeah, SF: V is not your thing.Bargain bin something.
SF:V is for those that want the FGC experience.
They want to learn the game, they want to play with other living people whether casually or competitively.
If computer controlled punching dummies are your metric for a game, and not saying that is a bad thing...you will not find what you want here even after the updates.

They are not interested in learning the game mechanics. If they wanted that they would be happy with what we have right now. Playing people online and spending time in practice mode is the best way to get better. If all one wants to do is play CPU that's fine too. But atm moment this game unfortunately is not for them. They should check back at a later date imo.

The people who are making such a vocal fuss about "Arcade mode" will never be happy, even if it is added they will find something else.
Just my opinion.

Umm guys everyone is going to end up using there own personal favorite combos anyway. Trials are for possibilities, letting you know what you're character is capable of, there is plenty of information already released specifically about each character's Bnb. I think the demonstrations and tutorials are both well done.

Cross posting from OT (again :p)
Here it is!

[FANMADE] Street Fighter V - Alex Reveal FAN Trailer!
wHZ3pEc.jpg

Pejo

I just saw the videos with the alt costumes. Death Metal Necalli is insta-buy. Mika's and Nash's are also fantastic. Ken's face though...eyikes! Bring back banana hair

Bethell

Are there any specific good youtubers with demos of combos and fundamentals for beginners? I was gonna check reddit but thought i'd post here first.

I wish the trials explained how to pull off the combos a bit better. It took me a while to realize that I should do the next motion for a move while the current animation was playing. I just thought that my execution wasn't fast enough until I did it by mistake.

This took me forever to realize in Killer Instinct as well. Is this just some tribal knowledge shit? I feel like no fighting game explains this well. KI even has a great tutorial mode and doesn't mention this.

As someone who has never played a fighting game, but is intriguied after watching streams, is this worth picking up now and playing? Or wait until its cheaper?

I feel like I should maybe pay £10 for the old version and train/practice for a while, otherwise Im just gonna get gimped in SFV and probably stop playing after 1 day.

SFV is a particularly great introduction to the genre, you might as well jump in and play with people who are also learning.

As someone who has never played a fighting game, but is intriguied after watching streams, is this worth picking up now and playing? Or wait until its cheaper?

I feel like I should maybe pay £10 for the old version and train/practice for a while, otherwise Im just gonna get gimped in SFV and probably stop playing after 1 day.

It's already been available for around $10 USD on Amazon. There was even a GAF thread. Try taking advantage the next time it rolls around
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1198599

T.O.P

Banned
Is anyone having problems in Lounges after the update?

I played countless times with a friend before the patch, always smooth as fuck, after the patch we have been trying to play together for an hour tonight, no luck, it starts good, then like 5 seconds into the match, lagfest

If i go into ranked i have no problems, i have no idea what's going on

Is anyone having problems in Lounges after the update?

I played countless times with a friend before the patch, always smooth as fuck, after the patch we have been trying to play together for an hour tonight, no luck, it starts good, then like 5 seconds into the match, lagfest

If i go into ranked i have no problems, i have no idea what's going on
Try restarting the lobby? Or just let somebody get the win, back out and then start the set again.

Wild Card

This took me forever to realize in Killer Instinct as well. Is this just some tribal knowledge shit? I feel like no fighting game explains this well. KI even has a great tutorial mode and doesn't mention this.

I think it's because for most it is all intuivtive, and they wouldn't expect you to think you would have to do so as fast as possible. Also as someone who at one point was where you are, after enough repetition you just start to notice what's working as you do the motions.

T.O.P

Banned
Try restarting the lobby? Or just let somebody get the win, back out and then start the set again.

We've been trying for an hour, changing Host, restarting the game, absolutely no luck, we played together since D1 without any problems, and if we go to other games we have no problem playing lagless :((

We're gonna try again tomorrow night i guess

Top Bottom