• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter VI |OT| VI is for VICTORY

BossLackey

Gold Member
Not sure if it’s relevant, but does PS5 version have haptics?

Not using a stick or hitbox

1300044776986.jpg

(just kidding. It's all preference and every input option is 100% viable)

Lokaum D+

I ll accept a key gift from anyone just bacause i m a poor guy, soo many games and i have to pick just one, fuck Brazil prices T-T

Just put 100 hous on the Demo, hopefully Capcom wont take it down

Last edited:
World Tour is incredible, CAPCOM clearly got the message that their single player content wasn't cutting it anymore and they went all out. Funny that my favourite SF of all-time is Alpha 3 on PS1 and one of the big reasons is indeed a World Tour mode, maybe they got some inspiration there.

You can fight almost anyone you encounter on the street, instantly go into battle and it's all dynamic with the crowds. Example, there was this fire-juggling performer who I got some flavour text from. I then picked a fight with another nearby NPC and sure enough he was there in the background juggling, very cool stuff.

Learning moves from different masters means you'll eventually have a single, fully customizable character who can do hadoukens, flash kicks, Honda headbutts, Yoga flames or whatever combination of moves tickles your fancy. Exploring metro city is cool, can use master abilities like Chun Li's spinning bird kick to reach otherwise obstructed areas, good stuff. A lot more to say, I'll be spending a lot of time in this mode.

Battle Hub is dope too, you can play old school CAPCOM games (including the OG SFII), engage in avatar battles, create or join a fight club (with fairly generous customization options). Then you've got your character trials, event battles, training, ranked and casual matches, Arcade mode where each character gets there own little story arc with illustrated story boards, there is a ton of content here, well done CAPCOM 👏👏👏

Last edited:

nikos

Formed a club if anybody wants to join, name is HeartOfBattle.

Or we can make a forum specific one. I believe we can join up to eight clubs.

Last edited:

Shtef

I haven't played street fighter since forever and this one looked really interesting but after hearing the soundtrack I am now thinking should i get it or not. It's really bad. Is there option to choose classic music, like from street fighter 2?

SCB3

ok a few matches as Luke and I'm liking his more aggressive style, had 2 players rage quite as I was about to win, do they even count for me?

yurinka

I played a few hours in arcade mode, training, world tour and battle hub. The game is super fun, performs and looks great in my potato laptop and it has an insane amount of content and features, everything you could ask for.

Booted it up, can't get online. Steam version BTW.

Gaming in 2023 is like:

Frustrated Head GIF
In a few hours, even before releasing it in America, they multiplied by more than 4 the record of Steam concurrent players for any Capcom fighting game. It set a new record for the entire genre, not only Capcom. Pretty likely they have 4x or 5x (the case of previous SG) more players on PS than in PC.

Their servers must be on fire, so expect some small downtines during the first few days. When server activity scales too fast even to numbers that probably they didn't even consider, even if the devs tested everything there are always server issues that couldn't have been tested or guessed.

Some of these issues will be fixed in hours, other in a few days, or even without fixing them once the amount of concurrent users decreases hours or a few days later (typically the peak of concurrent users of a game is on the first weeked) the issues will be gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

SCB3

OK, well the good news is it plays fantastic, its fun and I love this style its got going, feels like "Street" Fighter if that makes sense

The cons, I'm still shit online lol I cannot seem to counter low hitters that low block all the time, I faced a Juri who I destroyed in Round 1 but they low blocked and countered the 2nd and 3rd and though Luke has overheads, I couldn't get a combo going with them

Allforce

Have they said you're getting a bit of a savings on all the stuff included in the Ultimate Edition versus buying it all seperately later? Trying to decide if I want to drop 105 bucks on what is essentially content not coming for months vs just buying the Standard Version and a copy of Diablo IV for just a bit more.

Is there a lot to unlock in the game as-is without spending real money?

GHG

I played a few hours in arcade mode, training, world tour and battle hub. The game is super fun, performs and looks great in my potato laptop and it has an insane amount of content and features, everything you could ask for.

In a few hours, even before releasing it in America, they multiplied by more than 4 the record of Steam concurrent players for any Capcom fighting game. It set a new record for the entire genre, not only Capcom. Pretty likely they have 4x or 5x (the case of previous SG) more players on PS than in PC.

Their servers must be on fire, so expect some small downtines during the first few days. When server activity scales too fast even to numbers that probably they didn't even consider, even if the devs tested everything there are always server issues that couldn't have been tested or guessed.

Some of these issues will be fixed in hours, other in a few days, or even without fixing them once the amount of concurrent users decreases hours or a few days later (typically the peak of concurrent users of a game is on the first weeked) the issues will be gone.

Yeh I'm in now.

It's fantastic. Hope it hold up as more players join.

And what was that you were telling me about Diablo 4? Haha just kidding Hope you get in bud

Me to new AAA releases this year:

Last edited:

RobRSG

Does anyone know if the DLC is shareable on the Deluxe and Ultimate editions? I am willing to buy and share (main console swap) with my brother and no one gives a straight answer on reddit. Xbox version.

SkylineRKR

I'm liking this more than I expected. The lineup, while i'm not sold on all designs, is good. Its very unique, like Manon throwing some judo stuff out there and Jamie doing drunken master stuff. I am currently playing with Marisa, I like her gladiator style

SFV was an awful game at launch, it was very uneappealing and clearly catered towards try hards only. SF6 is the polar opposite; this game is for everyone and Capcom really tries to tell you. That doesn't mean it isn't deep, some advanced combos are fairly hard to pull off with not many frames of margin and dash cancels inbetween. The drive gauge is perhaps the deepest mechanic in SF yet, but I like it since you start full and you can dash, parry, EX etc.. its up to you.

yurinka

Does anyone know if the DLC is shareable on the Deluxe and Ultimate editions? I am willing to buy and share (main console swap) with my brother and no one gives a straight answer on reddit. Xbox version.
At least in the digital version (Steam) the DLC isn't a separate code or download.

How do I stop the commutation error?

I can't connect to a server, beta played fine.
Just try again later.

Their servers are achieving record numbers, which means it's expected to have some server errors from time to time because they are on fire.

On top of that, they spotted a bug in the Custom Rooms, so avoid them for a few days.

Last edited:

[Sigma]

Have they said you're getting a bit of a savings on all the stuff included in the Ultimate Edition versus buying it all seperately later? Trying to decide if I want to drop 105 bucks on what is essentially content not coming for months vs just buying the Standard Version and a copy of Diablo IV for just a bit more.

Is there a lot to unlock in the game as-is without spending real money?
No they have not said anything. Personally I just bought the Standard Edition(had the deluxe edition pre-ordered at first). I'm in no rush. I usually either wait for the season to complete and get it (which usually get a sale when a new season comes around) or just buy them individually and accept the little loss which doesn't bother me.

It's difficult for me to just say do it, you should only do it if you really feel like it at the moment vs trying to get Diablo IV as well right now. In the end, you're just losing a little over 5 to 10 bucks it seems if you just prefer to wait on the Ultimate Edition pack if you decide to decide to get it later.

Last edited:

skneogaf

I bought the ultimate edition thinking I'd get the 2nd outfits but I guess not, can I unlock them in game or are they wanting more money?

What's up with the blue hair announcer?

Last edited:

just_jr

Game is great as expected! Just finished all of Ryu's trials with my dualsense while waiting for my Hori Octa to arrive today as well

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
I haven't played street fighter since forever and this one looked really interesting but after hearing the soundtrack I am now thinking should i get it or not. It's really bad. Is there option to choose classic music, like from street fighter 2?
Wouldn’t worry about it. I’m a music guy myself, but there’s so much audio already with the quality sound effects.

Also, you can customize what music you hear and I’d be very surprised if they didn’t add in SF2 music at some point.

Last edited:

Hot5pur

I bought the ultimate edition thinking I'd get the 2nd outfits but I guess not, can I unlock them in game or are they wanting more money?

What's up with the blue hair announcer?
You can unlock the second costume for each character through world tour, easiest way is through giving the masters their preferred gifts. It's not too grindy. You can also unlock colors fairly easily.

Ultimate edition is good the the upcoming characters but that's about it.

The blue hair announcer is a bit of a blatant diversity thing, if it makes more people feel included great, I just think the character design is unappealing, it's not an attractive character and they have the most annoying voice. Could have easily went with poison or something (which is supposed to be androgynous). I think companies are still figuring this out.

Spent last night messing around in training mode and have to say of all the characters Honda surprised me the most, never been a Honda main before but he’s really fun. Also cammy and deejay seem really good too.

Got to chapter 3 in world tour, didn’t think I’d care much for it, but it’s more fun then I thought. That stupid Hado-Pizza mini game is way more fun than should be allowed. It’s all so dumb, but fun. I love it.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Am I missing something or does Street Fighter 6 not have HDR???

Anyone else having issues getting the run back campaign rewards?
I don’t give a shit about the titles, but always having access to Super Turbo in the Game Center would be nice.
I’m all signed up, linked every which way, entered, ect just not showing up in game.

Macaron

Banned
Game is awesome. Idk if this deserves a spoiler, but pretty hilarious Ryu's arcade mode story is literally just Luke fighting him. Hope the rest are just as lazy for the lols

FlyyGOD

I paid for ultimate version on xbox but didn't get my extra outfits or colors. Anyone know how to fix this? System only shows standard version.

GHG

How's the PC version?

Runs perfectly for me so far, but then I have a 4090 so it doesn't really serve as a good indication of "optimisation".

Really having a great time so far. Switched over to the fight stick instead of the mixbox because it feels a lot more natural in this game (the mixbox is much better in tekken for my play style in that game). Probably going to use e Honda as my main strangely enough despite neber doing so in previous games, love his moveset and he fits so well with the parry mechanic.

Dev1lXYZ

Pull up a chair guys, I’m about to eat some crow. I was very worried about this game. The character designs didn’t exactly light my world on fire. They had replaced Guy character with some clown named Kimberly. Now that I got a chance to play her, she mixes a bit of Guy with Zeku in a Sakura shell. She plays excellently and is exactly what I needed, although I didn’t know I needed it. 😂. The Metro City Back Alley Stage is exactly what I love. Bravo, Capcom!

Top Bottom