• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter VI |OT| VI is for VICTORY

Runs perfectly for me so far, but then I have a 4090 so it doesn't really serve as a good indication of "optimisation".

Really having a great time so far. Switched over to the fight stick instead of the mixbox because it feels a lot more natural in this game (the mixbox is much better in tekken for my play style in that game). Probably going to use e Honda as my main strangely enough despite neber doing so in previous games, love his moveset and he fits so well with the parry mechanic.
It is 58$ canadian , thinking about getting it on steam, which version do you have ?

Dthomp

Does anybody know if there are any semi affordable PS5 arcade sticks to play this on? I haven't played since SF4 but I hate regular controllers for SF games.

Naked Lunch

This game is an instant modern classic.
So much content it feels overwhelming. Theres just so much in there - and its day one.

The core gameplay is polished beyond belief. Going to take months to learn the base characters.
I feel like the slowed down animations, pacing, and big crunchy counter hits make players of all skill gaps able to compete - but with tons of room for skill flexing at the same time.

Its crammed with so much style - old mixed with new. Seeing the brilliant new win animations of 30+ year old favorites like Dhalsim and Gief is a treat - thinking about how this is probably manys first SF game.

Lastly, I have to give major props to the seamless crossplay between PC, PS, and Xbox. Amazing connections on day one with next to no issues.
Oh, and I housed a Ryu drive gauge spammer with DeeJay - felt good.
Bravo, Capcom.

From the vivid colour palette to the expressiveness of it's characters to the sumptuous quality of it's animations the visual aspect of SF6 is second to none and I find myself being impressed by something new every time I log on. Being able to manipulate your characters facial expression on the VS screen before the fight starts is one of those brilliant, small touches that go a long way, I find myself genuinely laughing out loud every single time!

Of course, a truly great fighting game really lives and dies by it's mechanics and man, the Drive System is S tier. The depth and versatility is insane while still being approachable. Going through all the tutorials is a must to really understand the tools CAPCOM has given us and after that it's entirely up to you how far down the rabbit hole you choose to venture. Go on a path mastering the Drive Rush, parry, reversal and overdrive or just keep things basic with the beautiful, splashy, impactful Drive Impacts.

I got deeper into World Tour and am now absolutely convinced CAPCOM did indeed draw from their prodigious well and used Alpha 3's World Tour as inspiration with the player eventually navigating an actual globe with location icons. Reviews say this mode takes a good 25 hours to beat but even then you won't be close to maxing out all your bonds (Persona series social links inspiration?) with the various masters each of which have their own unlocks, this one game mode alone is an entire game in itself.

I like to think CAPCOM got it's act together seeing the brilliant single player content Mortal Kombat (and Injustice) has given it's players these past few years, NAMCO has *mostly* delivered the goods over the years too with Soul Calibur and Tekken series (volleyball and bowling anyone?) but SF hasn't done anything this robust since Alpha 3. I repeat what I said in my previous post, there is a metric ton of game here for both the casual and the hardcore, we're eating well. 💯💯💯

Damn I suck at this game but I refuse to use Modern controls
Stick with it. Rely on small victories like scoring anti-airs, punishing negative moves, and growing comfortable with each of your normals and spacing. Things will begin to go your way, and you can weave in more complex tools later.

An "LP -> LP -> Special Move" combo is just as important as some big flashy one.

At first I thought this game may run on super-low settings on my super-old PC. Then I discovered I didnt even have the right OS (still using Windows 8.1).
Now Im gonna get it for my Series X, which meant I had to spend $70 AUD on a converter so I can plug my old SFxT arcade stick into the Xbox. I hope all this hassle is worth it.

skneogaf

I paid for ultimate version on xbox but didn't get my extra outfits or colors. Anyone know how to fix this? System only shows standard version.

We don't get extra outfits unless we spend even more money or play the uninteresting world tour mode.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
TheHappyHob stream was hilarious lol
BWQbZGn.png

uEJBcT7.png

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Who's playing on PC here?

I have all the systems, but I was kind of horrified by the 30fps cap in the single player content, so I was thinking PC, but I am reading that Denuvo is causing a lot of performance issues that weren't present in the demo.

Is it that bad? Or are these people with borderline systems? My system should have overhead to spare.

Last edited:

yurinka

I bought the ultimate edition thinking I'd get the 2nd outfits but I guess not, can I unlock them in game or are they wanting more money?
The ultimate edition will give you the 'Year 1 Ultimate Pass': the 2 DLC stages and 4 DLC characters of the first season, all of them with 3 costumes and 10 colors each costume. Plus some in-game currency.

The preorder gives you the color 10 (not 10 colors) for the default costume of a few characters.

Naked Lunch

Having crossplay between Playstation and Xbox on Street Fighter is pretty much all I ever wanted out of the series since Live and PSN emerged. Adding PC players is a major bonus.
Having this many platforms crossplay seamlessly will basically result in endless competition online. There will always be someone new to play.

Even in SF4's 360 heyday - you would still find yourself running into familiar names - and the competition went full super nerd after a while.
With so many fish in the player pool - the likelihood of that happening is low - at least for a long while.
I like when online fighters remain at at least an intermediate level of play - and not full on FGC nerddom.

I can see people still playing this game years and years from now - the same as all Street Fighters really...

Last edited:

GHG

I have all the systems, but I was kind of horrified by the 30fps cap in the single player content, so I was thinking PC, but I am reading that Denuvo is causing a lot of performance issues that weren't present in the demo.

Is it that bad? Or are these people with borderline systems? My system should have overhead to spare.

It's not.

Only an issue on Steam deck as far as I can see because of Linux's ongoing problems with handling denuvo.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
You can unlock the second costume for each character through world tour, easiest way is through giving the masters their preferred gifts. It's not too grindy. You can also unlock colors fairly easily.

Ultimate edition is good the the upcoming characters but that's about it.

The blue hair announcer is a bit of a blatant diversity thing, if it makes more people feel included great, I just think the character design is unappealing, it's not an attractive character and they have the most annoying voice. Could have easily went with poison or something (which is supposed to be androgynous). I think companies are still figuring this out.

I agree with what you’re saying, except for the bolded.

If someone that off putting and obnoxious makes someone feel more included, then it’s likely reinforcing something that shouldn’t be reinforced.

If you’re have inclinations to act like the character Eternity, you shouldn’t be told acting like that is a great way to be in the spotlight or that you’ll be cheered on for that behavior.

“everyone has value and is invited.” this is a message I’d endorse.

Last edited:

SCB3

I'm loving Luke so far, theres something about the way he moves and the Combos I can put together that makes him very appealing, very much a good starter character as well, just did my 10 placements matches and 5 wins out of 10, not too bad considering I don't play SF that much (more a MK and Tekken player)

World Tour is also really good, it reminds me so much of Yakuza and Judgement in so many good ways, only on Chapter 2 so far and want more customisation options as I'm looking bland as fuck

I hope she cosplays as Chun-Li at some point. Def got the thicness for it 🥰😋

Runs perfectly for me so far, but then I have a 4090 so it doesn't really serve as a good indication of "optimisation".

Really having a great time so far. Switched over to the fight stick instead of the mixbox because it feels a lot more natural in this game (the mixbox is much better in tekken for my play style in that game). Probably going to use e Honda as my main strangely enough despite neber doing so in previous games, love his moveset and he fits so well with the parry mechanic.

Does SF6 support keyboard controls on PC? I know that might sound weird but it's basically what I'm used to these days for fighting games, it's how I play 3rd Strike for example.

Otherwise the closest thing would be getting a six-button controller, but I don't know of any good ones; I seen 8Bitdo have a Saturn controller with analog sticks but I don't even know if that's for sale.

Last edited:

SCB3

Does SF6 support keyboard controls on PC? I know that might sound weird but it's basically what I'm used to these days for fighting games, it's how I play 3rd Strike for example.

Otherwise the closest thing would be getting a six-button controller, but I don't know of any good ones; I seen 8Bitdo have a Saturn controller with analog sticks but I don't even know if that's for sale.
You know what, I thank Capcom seriously for not shying away from Sexy looking characters in this or RE, its kinda refreshing these days

GHG

Yeh it does, most fighting games on PC do to be honest. It would be very odd if a fighting game doesn't considering the style of input.

You should be able to set up literally any keyboard/controller up to your liking via steam input.

Last edited:

Lasha

Keyboard is supported. The single player ran fine on a 4070TI. Locked at 60 for the tutorial and the first area out of the gym.

Last edited:

Don't know what 30fps cap you're talking about, it runs at a rock solid 60fps even in Resolution mode on PS5 across all modes *except* World Tour (I imagine Xbox is the same). When you play World Tour switch to Performance Mode, anything else just switch back to resolution though having experimented with both I can't see much difference in resolution mode so I just keep it on Perf 👌

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Don't know what 30fps cap you're talking about, it runs at a rock solid 60fps even in Resolution mode on PS5 across all modes *except* World Tour (I imagine Xbox is the same).
Yeah I was talking about the abrupt switches to 30fps in World Tour mode, I find it really jarring, enough to be a factor in choosing which system to play on.

In any event, I went with the PC, the port seems good, I get a locked 120fps, so that works.

Yeah I was talking about the abrupt switches to 30fps in World Tour mode, I find it really jarring, enough to be a factor in choosing which system to play on.

In any event, I went with the PC, the port seems good, I get a locked 120fps, so that works.
Simple switch to Performance Mode gives locked 60 but as long as you're happy with it on PC that's all that matters 👍

You know what, I thank Capcom seriously for not shying away from Sexy looking characters in this or RE, its kinda refreshing these days

Definitely. And the mods have already been really good so far, too. Desperately awaiting a thicc(er) muscular Manon mod 🤤

Yeh it does, most fighting games on PC do to be honest. It would be very odd if a fighting game doesn't considering the style of input.

You should be able to set up literally any keyboard/controller up to your liking via steam input.

Keyboard is supported. The single player ran fine on a 4070TI. Locked at 60 for the tutorial and the first area out of the gym.

Thanks for the clarification fellas! Been debating about a Hitbox but will probably settle for a six-button pad. Will have to re-learn some muscle memory though, got really used to right hand for inputs, left for attacks. Though using more than just a thumb for movement helps a lot with cutting down on travel time.

You can unlock the second costume for each character through world tour, easiest way is through giving the masters their preferred gifts. It's not too grindy. You can also unlock colors fairly easily.

Ultimate edition is good the the upcoming characters but that's about it.

The blue hair announcer is a bit of a blatant diversity thing, if it makes more people feel included great, I just think the character design is unappealing, it's not an attractive character and they have the most annoying voice. Could have easily went with poison or something (which is supposed to be androgynous). I think companies are still figuring this out.

Forgot all about that person until you mentioned them again. Ugh; now I know why I forgot. Must be Lil' Nas' long lost brother 🤣

Last edited:

Bridges

Just picked this up, this is my first Street Fighter since Super Street Fighter IV so I'm pumped.

I see there are 2v2s in the fighting grounds, does anyone know if it is possible to do 2v2s with a friend against online ransoms? I haven't seen the option in the Battle Hub

Has anyone noticed that Sf6 has the same rendering/upscaling issue as other recent RE Engine games (re4, dragons dogma 2, sf6) which results in artifacts and aliasing especially noticeable on hair?

Kinda annoying that this issue is seemingly built into the engine. They managed to fix/improve it in re4 on ps5 at least. Doubt they'll care to fix it in Street Fightet.

Look at say, Cammy's hair on the intro to a fight for a good example.

Something about the color grading is off as well resulting in stages looking a bit washed out. Lacks the contrast it should have.

MrMephistoX

Don't know what 30fps cap you're talking about, it runs at a rock solid 60fps even in Resolution mode on PS5 across all modes *except* World Tour (I imagine Xbox is the same). When you play World Tour switch to Performance Mode, anything else just switch back to resolution though having experimented with both I can't see much difference in resolution mode so I just keep it on Perf 👌
It’s kind of a pain but I just swap to performance mode for world tour and revert back to resolution for Vs too.

Finally got to really sit down and play, and I have no idea what I'm doing with JP. Ready to lose the next 50 matches to win the following 3.

Top Bottom