• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken new info and videos round-up

I've been playing Axis online in Vampire Saviour longer than you've known that I like training mode, Tek.

you mad you get bodied :3

Yeah, roty messed me up when he swapped to the zombie dude. I still don't even know what that character's special moves are lol

edit: Wait, wtf does "Cross Gauge Healing" mean? Does that mean you get regen for x seconds? Look at the King of Iron Fist Pack.

LakeEarth

I'm still curious to know if "have 5 attacks blocked" or "block 5 attacks" means 5 button presses or 5 "tick" blocking noises. Rolento would be crazy if it's the latter.

SamVimes

I'm still curious to know if "have 5 attacks blocked" or "block 5 attacks" means 5 button presses or 5 "tick" blocking noises. Rolento would be crazy if it's the latter.

99% sure it counts as 5 button presses.

Also of course hitting with a fireball counts as a special.

What exactly is the mechanic that desk combo uses to get Ryu out and charging up shinkuu while he proceeds to bitchslap his opponent?

--

Ken looks awesome. Glad to see my boy should have some tricks. ^_^

SamVimes

Oh yeah. I think Abel/Hugo will be my early massacre team. Abel cause he's my SF4 main, and Hugo for the dat tag damage.

Just remember that Abel's rekka is still ass, now that you can't fadc it and you can combo fierce into wheel kick there's really not a whole lot of reasons to use it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I just popped in Capcom Fighting Evolution for the first time in forever, GOD WHY IS JEDAH SO MUCH BETTER

Im a jedah fan, but I don't approve of him in that game or the broken ass mess that it is.

Ono just confirmed on Cross Assault that the 12 characters are real and more details will be coming in April

Of course they are real.... LOL you guys need confirmation on the silliest things.

The first time I run into someone doing these crazy combos online, I'm just putting the stick down - I know I won't be able to keep up with the pace.

I guess it's purely a rushdown game? I'm more of a zoning/keep away type player.

Venfayth

The first time I run into someone doing these crazy combos online, I'm just putting the stick down - I know I won't be able to keep up with the pace.

I guess it's purely a rushdown game? I'm more of a zoning/keep away type player.

There seems to actually be a lot of footsies and spacing, and these combos are probably hugely impractical.

Hmm, OK. I've been onboard all the long, it's just seeing these crazy long combos makes me think of the horrors of my very short time playing MvC3.

Hmm, OK. I've been onboard all the long, it's just seeing these crazy long combos makes me think of the horrors of my very short time playing MvC3.

I wouldn't worry too much, I mean it's Desk, he's been able to do pretty crazy stuff with any game available. And many of those combos didn't look too useful in terms of damage versus meter spent, especially with the heavy damage scaling going on.

notworksafe

That was just about them being in the Vita version, not dlc for the console version. (Though pretty much everyone assumed that would be the case, this is just for sure confirmation now.)

I feel a great weight lifted off my shoulders now. Thanks based Capcom for making me spend another $60 to run a tournament!

I feel a great weight lifted off my shoulders now. Thanks based Capcom for making me spend another $60 to run a tournament!

Isn't it rumoured to be $8 for 4 character pack?
So it'd be an extra $24, no?
You don't need the gems or the costume packs.

I'm not saying that's good, I'm just saying maybe the math isn't so bad.

SamVimes

Fuck that, the community needs to show capcom that DLC characters are a terrible idea unless couples with a balance update, we don't really need people spending 25$ dollars to be able to compete in tournaments.

notworksafe

Isn't it rumoured to be $8 for 4 character pack?
So it'd be an extra $24, no?
You don't need the gems or the costume packs.

I'm not saying that's good, I'm just saying maybe the math isn't so bad.

Yeah I was just making up a number. It just annoys me because I only care about Elena+Jack, but in order to run local weekly tournies I'll have buy everyone. C'est la vie

Fuck that, the community needs to show capcom that DLC characters are a terrible idea unless couples with a balance update, we don't really need people spending 25$ dollars to be able to compete in tournaments.

Well, if they don't spend the money, then that means no money for Capcom, which means no more games, which means no more tournaments.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That confusion setting in is you slowly coming to terms with the fact that CFJ is a good game, even if it's going to be Jedah/Urien mirror matches until the end of time.

Yo man it's all about those Leo normals. If you fucking rawr at the top of your lungs irl it does extra damage

Kikujiro

What? If you want to compete in tournaments you will always spend more moneys than the average casual gamers. I don't think paying 25$ is much of a trouble for every competitive player, since they probably like the game and play it everyday.

By the way, I just noticed the Special Edition is ranking higher than the normal edition on Amazon. Safe to assume people are just in it for the gems?

Of course not, we all want that amazing UDON comic book providing the intricate and well written fiction of this game.

:p

Also: Am I crazy, or did Ono tweet that more cinematics in the style of the trailers would be in the game?

Yeah I was just making up a number. It just annoys me because I only care about Elena+Jack, but in order to run local weekly tournies I'll have buy everyone. C'est la vie

I feel the same, but about Cody and Bryan Fury. I know I'm stuck buying at least 2 packs to get them. My only hope is they stick the characters I *know* I'll never use into the 3rd pack.

Top Bottom