• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically a picture of yourself?
EDIT: DAMN IT BANANA!

guffaw.jpg

You love it tho
Don't take it seriously. We're just fucking around

It's fine. Chie is probably going to win anyway. If not her, then Rise (in terms of popularity). This tournament was already decided before it begun.
Its making some people not want to be here so I'm starting go against it.

You love it tho
Don't take it seriously. We're just fucking around

It's fine. Chie is probably going to win anyway. If not her, then Rise (in terms of popularity). This tournament was already decided before it begun.
Ill be fine as long as Yukari doesnt win, which it seems she isnt cause Aigis seems to be winning.

sjay1994

Christ they are awful at The Evil Within. Just terrible.

Thats not fair to them.

The game is not clear on ideal methods of beating a boss. My first play through I froze it with bolts and emptied my shotgun into it

And even the "shoot the shotgun when its charging" is not ideal half of the time.

I died so many times on akumu, even though I was shooting it point blank when it charged me. It would still ignore the down condition and insta kill me.

sjay1994

There is a waifu poll for persona?

I went Chie for P4 and Fuuka for P3.

Chie was obvious since she is best girl. P3 on the other hand, was kinda process of elimination because Mitsuru is too good for you and her OTP is Akhiko..... Yukari's daddy issues were an instant nope.

So I went with Fuuka.... and looking at the P3 movies, Fuuka and Protag seems like the pairing they are pushing.

joe2187

Banned
Thats not fair to them.

The game is not clear on ideal methods of beating a boss. My first play through I froze it with bolts and emptied my shotgun into it

And even the "shoot the shotgun when its charging" is not ideal half of the time.

I died so many times on akumu, even though I was shooting it point blank when it charged me. It would still ignore the down condition and insta kill me.

There will be a boss coming up later that is a fucking pain in the ass, I died so many times.

There are a couple of really neat gimmicks to it though that I really appreciate, it doesnt really change the outcome of the fight but it's really neat.

360pages

Do you guys think fun, but basic adventure stories are good? I kind of want to write one set in a demon world. I wrote the first two chapters and it's rather light hearted action

There is a waifu poll for persona?

I went Chie for P4 and Fuuka for P3.

Chie was obvious since she is best girl. P3 on the other hand, was kinda process of elimination because Mitsuru is too good for you and her OTP is Akhiko..... Yukari's daddy issues were an instant nope.

So I went with Fuuka.... and looking at the P3 movies, Fuuka and Protag seems like the pairing they are pushing.
I wouldve gone with her if her english voice acting were HORRENDOUS. Also shrinking violet but the voice...
also didnt Mitsuru friendzone Aki in her SL?

Good job George Maragapdopoulous.

You got a shout out.

Also, I'm not surprised that the first thing Pat would do in a lucid dream is slap peoples.

sjay1994

I wouldve gone with her if her english voice acting were HORRENDOUS. Also shrinking violet but the voice...
also didnt Mitsuru friendzone Aki in her SL?

Yeah.... fuukas english VA wasn't great.

There will be a boss coming up later that is a fucking pain in the ass, I died so many times.

There are a couple of really neat gimmicks to it though that I really appreciate, it doesnt really change the outcome of the fight but it's really neat.

Which one? Since I played my first run with no upgrades I was stuck on the quell for 2 hours because I went into that fight only with pistol bullets and two shotgun rounds

My main issue with P3 waifus was that Yukari ended up being tied for best writing in the entire game, but is incredibly difficult to like. Fuuka is just boring as shit and Mitsuru is incredibly generic and too flawless a character.
The P3 cast wasnt great. The story as a whole was better. The characters not so much.

Do you guys think fun, but basic adventure stories are good? I kind of want to write one set in a demon world. I wrote the first two chapters and it's rather light hearted action

It really depends on if the journey is well handled. Light hearted material has to work a little harder to get my full attention, but it can definitely do so, if good enough.

sjay1994

So... I am going to push tales from the borderlands.

It could have been its own sci fi western, and it would still be good. Its pretty much a firefly/bebop game.

360pages

How they grow as characters is way more effective in P3. Using shadows in P4 to spark up the development seems really bad.

I don't think so, because a lot of the time P3 characters felt kind of just there. They had a stake in the story, but it seemed more force.

P4 you felt the characters wanted to legit protect their homes. P3 you felt they just did most of what they did because it was their job and their personal lives got wrapped into it.

JoJo94

Nope, feels exactly like normal to me.

Some people probably agree I just feel like weve been quicker to tick off not anger per say but you get it.

Nah, people just took things seriously.

Get on the P2 hype train fuckers!

Maybe. Either way I might have to take a break since I'm feeling this way and don't want to get angry at you guys (I say I'll take a break but I'll probably still be on)

I'm not so sure about that. The P3 characters were deeply flawed and in constant conflict with themselves and each other, which is fine. Likability is not necessary. Like I said before, Yukari is really difficult to like, but her general abandonment issues are far better executed and implemented into the story than most of the P4 cast. The P4 cast mostly each had a main issue that is dealth with through the initial rescue and the S-Links, but they mostly just stick to the general friendly-dumb-detective-team shtick for most of its story.
I will agree persona isnt the masterpiece everyone makes it out to be. Its great and its my favorite RPG ever but it has flaws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom